BFTG - Baggies

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

Re: BFTG - Baggies

by Nameless » 23 Apr 2019 14:35

NewCorkSeth Anyone got a video of the McCleary penalty shout?
m

I’ve seen a clip.
Not really conclusive to be honest, looks like he was clipped slightly, went down more immediately than I thought at the time but fell rather neatly and it’s did look a bit ‘odd’, almost a stumble. Can understand why the ref didn’t give a pen, booking probably a bit harsh given he was just warning everyone else for some bad challenges.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 23 Apr 2019 14:37

biff Barrow had his shirt pulled about 4 feet long in the box on a break. The ref was pretty sh1te.

The ref needed the help of the other officials for that one. Absolutely blatent but out of the line of sight of the ref. Lino from the other end should have seen it though.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 23 Apr 2019 14:40

Bigtimmeh

Not on the normal highlights but can be seen here at 2.40
https://youtu.be/GmYJ9e4bxp0

I didn't have a great view at the time but thought it was a pen. Looking at the replay he just stayed on his feet too long if he had gone down without taking that extra step it would have been easier for refree. .as it was I can see why he thought it was a dive (even though it wasnt)

That seems pretty conclusive to me. Hes fouled in the box and I actually dont think he makes a thing of it at all.

Bigtimmeh

by Bigtimmeh » 23 Apr 2019 15:13

Nameless
biff Barrow had his shirt pulled about 4 feet long in the box on a break. The ref was pretty sh1te.

The ref needed the help of the other officials for that one. Absolutely blatent but out of the line of sight of the ref. Lino from the other end should have seen it though.

Yes I remember having a good view of this..was a pen but it was the sort that are rarely given. Thought the lino got a few of the offside calls (or lack of) very wrong too..

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 23 Apr 2019 15:43

Bigtimmeh

I didn't have a great view at the time but thought it was a pen. Looking at the replay he just stayed on his feet too long if he had gone down without taking that extra step it would have been easier for refree. .as it was I can see why he thought it was a dive (even though it wasnt)

If I was a ref I'd be giving fouls as soon as a defender put their arms up like that. Screams guilty as sin.

3points
Hob Nob Regular

by 3points » 23 Apr 2019 15:52

sandman
Bigtimmeh

If I was a ref I'd be giving fouls as soon as a defender put their arms up like that. Screams guilty as sin.

Like Sean Morrison with Mo Salah on Sunday

3points
Hob Nob Regular

by 3points » 23 Apr 2019 15:54

Nameless Ironically I thought the ref was doing really well for much of the game. Resisted throwing cards around and was talking to players rather than cautioning them.
He then made a series of bizarre decisions .

I thought this too. Thought he let quite a lot go in the first half and then really wound the crowd up when he didn't give a foul on Barrow and gave one against Moore for fundamentally the same challenge. Then it all got a bit weird.