BFTG - Baggies

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

Re: BFTG - Baggies

by Zip » 22 Apr 2019 19:33

First off. A big well done to Club 1871. You were fantastic today. It was great to hear you singing well in advance of the match starting. The atmosphere right the way around the ground was terrific but was the gate really only 17,255.

A brilliant point considering the first twelve minutes

Martinez. 8. Flawless handling. Great attitude and once again came to the ED Stand at the end to give his gloves to one of our younger fans
Yiadom. 8 As competitive as ever with so many tackles
Moore. 8. Back to his best in recent weeks and another strong game
Miazga. 7 One or two very iffy moments but generally very good
Blackett. 7 He was fine and pushed forward well
Baker. 9 MoTM Outstanding. Great engine and came so close to scoring
Rinomhota. 8 A Rolls Royce of a player. Great drive with the ball
Ejaria. 7. A bit sloppy at times but some lovely skill too
Barrow. 6 Not at the races in the first half but improved thereafter
Oliveira. N/A
Meite. N/A

Loader. 5 Should have scored. He really needs to get that first goal
GMac. 7. Worked his nuts off and caused their defence problems
Gunter. 7 His passing is much better than he gets credit for. Did well.

An excellent point. Just one gripe. Was it really necessary to boo HRK.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 22 Apr 2019 19:40

Hound ‘Bore draw’ according to the BBC... :|

File under sky sports who didn`t do a single report from the ground in the first half, its only little Reading.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 22 Apr 2019 19:47

windermereROYAL

File under sky sports who didn`t do a single report from the ground in the first half, its only little Reading.

Tbf nothing happened in the first half.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 22 Apr 2019 19:52

Zip An excellent point. Just one gripe. Was it really necessary to boo HRK.

Quite a few of our fans booed him when he was on our team, so unsurprising.

Singing Defective

by Singing Defective » 22 Apr 2019 19:57

Snowflake Royal

The nightmare WAS him scoring. (though I kept my boos for the star ref). Gayle didn’t fall over on the half-way line, and the genius ref didn’t point to the penalty spot, so all’s well that ends well. Oh welcome back HRK.
Last edited by Singing Defective on 22 Apr 2019 20:27, edited 1 time in total.

FiNeRaIn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by FiNeRaIn » 22 Apr 2019 19:58

Yep, saw that. It just goes to show the low level of industry standards these days. They want politically correct, non-offensive journalists that can rehash cliches without offending anyone or stepping off the fence. The individual who wrote that was not at the game, or simply did not watch it.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 22 Apr 2019 20:17

Snowflake Royal

He was applauded when their team line up was announced, he was applauded when he went off (it was one of his better games for us).
I think the Reading Way has always been to welcome back explayerx before the game then treat them as they treat us during the game - he would have wanted to beat us.

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 22 Apr 2019 20:34

Snowflake Royal
I was really excited about Loader. I really want him to do well. I'm starting to think he just doesn't have what it takes up top though. Another lost boy performance from a player with obvious talent.

Big step up from U23's to Championship. Has time on his side. If Gomes didn't think he was up to the task today. Could have played Baldock instead.

Henley Royal 1

by Henley Royal 1 » 22 Apr 2019 20:34

Nameless
Snowflake Royal

He was applauded when their team line up was announced, he was applauded when he went off (it was one of his better games for us).
I think the Reading Way has always been to welcome back explayerx before the game then treat them as they treat us during the game - he would have wanted to beat us.

He would have celebrated if he had scored also i was alot happier seeing him up front instead of Gayle.

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 22 Apr 2019 20:44

Surprised how much respect WBA showed us. Though they came for a point and left with their objective.

Having the same core of the team starting every game makes such a difference.

Nigel Howe's post match interview suggests that many challenges lie ahead. If Miaza and Baker were to be signed permanently. Would be ideal.

Woodcote Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Woodcote Royal » 22 Apr 2019 20:45

Singing Defective
Snowflake Royal

The nightmare WAS him scoring. (though I kept my boos for the star ref). Gayle didn’t fall over on the half-way line, and the genius ref didn’t point to the penalty spot, so all’s well that ends well. Oh welcome back HRK.

You reap what you sow. Too many "Couldn't give a fcuk" performances when he was here while running through brick walls for Wales and pointing out what a great servant he had been for RFC :|

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 22 Apr 2019 20:55

I’ve supported the club for 47 years and cannot remember a season where we managed to avoid relegation having been in such dire straits at the start of the New Year.
It’s been a brilliant turnaround. Just compare the atmosphere today compared with the likes of QPR, Bolton etc.

Jose Gomes take a bow.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 22 Apr 2019 20:59

Nameless
Snowflake Royal

True that

Woodcote Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Woodcote Royal » 22 Apr 2019 21:06

Zip I’ve supported the club for 47 years and cannot remember a season where we managed to avoid relegation having been in such dire straits at the start of the New Year.
It’s been a brilliant turnaround. Just compare the atmosphere today compared with the likes of QPR, Bolton etc.

Jose Gomes take a bow.

Yep, thanks to Gomes, really looking forward to next season knowing, whoever he has at his disposal, he will get the best from while playing football most of us want to watch.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 22 Apr 2019 21:13

Woodcote Royal
Zip I’ve supported the club for 47 years and cannot remember a season where we managed to avoid relegation having been in such dire straits at the start of the New Year.

Jose Gomes take a bow.

Yep, thanks to Gomes, really looking forward to next season knowing, whoever he has at his disposal, he will get the best from while playing football most of us want to watch.

Yep absolutely.

Mid Sussex Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Mid Sussex Royal » 22 Apr 2019 21:20

Zip

An excellent point. Just one gripe. Was it really necessary to boo HRK.

Yep I reckon so - he made it clear we weren't a big enough club for him when he left.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 22 Apr 2019 21:53

Jose Gomes take a bow.

Genuinely can’t praise the job he has done enough. He has been absolutely brilliant. Massive fair play to him.

To see everything today - the atmosphere, the effort on the pitch, the genuine celebrations by the players at the end - this 4 months after the absolute low points of Boro/Swansea at home. Fantastic effort

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 22 Apr 2019 22:31

Just fantastic today. Gomes has done quite a magnificent job,

Martinez was outstanding today and that save he made out for the corner is one of the best you will ever likely to see. Shot was unexpected, went like a rocket and right in corner. He was full stretch and finger tipped it around the post. His reaction and the players reaction is all you need to know how good it was. Amazing.

El Diablo

by El Diablo » 22 Apr 2019 22:40

paultheroyal Just fantastic today. Gomes has done quite a magnificent job,

Martinez was outstanding today and that save he made out for the corner is one of the best you will ever likely to see. Shot was unexpected, went like a rocket and right in corner. He was full stretch and finger tipped it around the post. His reaction and the players reaction is all you need to know how good it was. Amazing.

Was quite brilliant how he got down to it, although I thought it was going wide, but he needed to deal with it..

One for the Stattos out there, but say in the last 10 games, how many minutes have we been behind in a game ?

Anyhows, quite brilliant job done by the Team, Manager, his staff, Howe & our Chinese overlords since January. The fans are back on board, loud and proud, and everything is moving in the right direction. Looking forward to August!

If you still hate Futcher

by If you still hate Futcher » 22 Apr 2019 23:05

Lower West
Snowflake Royal
I was really excited about Loader. I really want him to do well. I'm starting to think he just doesn't have what it takes up top though. Another lost boy performance from a player with obvious talent.

Big step up from U23's to Championship. Has time on his side. If Gomes didn't think he was up to the task today. Could have played Baldock instead.

For me today was his best performance for us, always offering and got himself into good positions, on another day could've had a couple and I was pleased to see him take on the shot from outside the box. It shows he's got confidence in his ability and just needs one to go in off his arse to get him up and running.

I do wonder where he'll be in the pecking order next season though. Do we take up the option for Nelson and will Novakovich be here or on loan again? What odds him doing a swap with Novakovich and going to Holland for the season