MATCHWATCH : Birmingham City (h) sponsored by Timbuk 3

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

Re: MATCHWATCH : Birmingham City (h) sponsored by Timbuk 3

by Nameless » 02 May 2019 14:58

Stranded
Nameless With the U23 side having important games on Friday and Monday you wonder if that will influence selection.
Would McIntyre, Barrett, Olise and even Loader be sent with the U23s to help win promotion and a trophy rather than mostly bench warming for the first team ?

Think all we depend on how the club feel that being in PL1 will aid the development of the next wave of players - is there that big a gap between the two divisions at that level?

The Monday game should only include players without professional contracts shouldn't it so likely to be U18 players more than U23?

Depends on which rules the B&B work to !
Would be kind of odd to have allowed our young pro's to play in all the previous games then say they can't play in the final. As I understand it the issues haven't been about that rule but about County Cups, which we have also broken it seems !

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 02 May 2019 21:51

Well done Sutekh on another enjoyable read.
It sounds mean by why do we need to give O’Shea a send off?

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 02 May 2019 22:50

I mean we don’t owe O’Shea anything but he’s had a fantastic career of 20 years and I personally think he deserves a send off, even 10 minutes at the end of the game

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 03 May 2019 07:39

Zip Well done Sutekh on another enjoyable read.

Fully agreed. He’s played something like 10 games for us

Introduce him on the pitch before the game or something instead, and give McIntyre those minutes

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 03 May 2019 08:21

Hound
Zip Well done Sutekh on another enjoyable read.

Fully agreed. He’s played something like 10 games for us

Introduce him on the pitch before the game or something instead, and give McIntyre those minutes

Absolutely.

royalp-we
Hob Nob Regular

by royalp-we » 03 May 2019 08:44

I see people suggesting O’Shea but nobody is suggesting McShane, McCleary and Gunter should get a send-off? Weird

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 03 May 2019 08:49

royalp-we I see people suggesting O’Shea but nobody is suggesting McShane, McCleary and Gunter should get a send-off? Weird

Where are McCleary and Gunter going?

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 03 May 2019 08:50

not sure why McCleary or Gunter would when they'll probably be here again next year. This time next year maybe.

Reckon we'll see McShane saying goodbye at the end of the game though

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 03 May 2019 08:53

Hound not sure why McCleary or Gunter would when they'll probably be here again next year. This time next year maybe.

Reckon we'll see McShane saying goodbye at the end of the game though

As long as it is just waving to the crowd in a club tracksuit after the final whistle has blown. His "performance" against Preston when he came on was up there with the worst displays I have seen this season.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 03 May 2019 08:59

agree sadly. Just slightly behind the one at Blackburn.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 03 May 2019 09:01

Hound agree sadly. Just slightly behind the one at Blackburn.

This just isn't his level anymore, that Blackburn game must have been a wake up call for him. I have met him a few times and you can tell he is a top bloke but he needs to go down a level for next season. He could do a good job in League 1 imo.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 03 May 2019 09:03

Old Man Andrews
Hound agree sadly. Just slightly behind the one at Blackburn.

This just isn't his level anymore, that Blackburn game must have been a wake up call for him. I have met him a few times and you can tell he is a top bloke but he needs to go down a level for next season. He could do a good job in League 1 imo.

yep. Would have considered keeping him if we went down. The injuries and age have caught up on him. And yes, he is a decent chap, which actually makes it all the more painful watching games like Preston.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 03 May 2019 09:52

McShane should get a good send off, he deserves that for the play off season if nothing else.

McCleary and Gunter are still contracted for next year.

O’Shea has achieved and won so much in his career he deserves to have his final playing day as something to remember - and let’s not forget he could be part of the coaching set up at Reading next season.

By the way what exactly is the club/everyone doing for this “Portugal Day” thing that keeps getting mentioned?

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 03 May 2019 11:02

Sutekh McShane should get a good send off, he deserves that for the play off season if nothing else.

McCleary and Gunter are still contracted for next year.

O’Shea has achieved and won so much in his career he deserves to have his final playing day as something to remember - and let’s not forget he could be part of the coaching set up at Reading next season.

By the way what exactly is the club/everyone doing for this “Portugal Day” thing that keeps getting mentioned?

The club is planning on legalising drugs for the day in honour of Gomes.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 03 May 2019 11:08

ah really? might have to get myself down after all...

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 03 May 2019 19:14

Chances are O’Shea will be in the squad Sunday with McIntyre starting tonight for the u23

However with no loader, olise or Barrett in the squad tonight, I’d expect them all to make the 18 again on Sunday

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 04 May 2019 07:38

If we can give an arsehole like Robbie Savage a standing ovation in the last game of his career then surely we can accept giving a good professional like O'Shea at least a cameo in his last ever game.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 04 May 2019 11:58

sandman If we can give an arsehole like Robbie Savage a standing ovation in the last game of his career then surely we can accept giving a good professional like O'Shea at least a cameo in his last ever game.

To be fair if O'Shea plays much of the game in goal and makes a number of outstanding saves he'll deserve his ovation.....

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 04 May 2019 19:33

sandman If we can give an arsehole like Robbie Savage a standing ovation in the last game of his career then surely we can accept giving a good professional like O'Shea at least a cameo in his last ever game.

I just don’t get it. O’Shea is not someone who has much of an association with our club. He has played something like four times this season. I would much rather give one of our youngsters game time.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 04 May 2019 19:37

Zip

I just don’t get it. O’Shea is not someone who has much of an association with our club. He has played something like four times this season. I would much rather give one of our youngsters game time.

Agree. O'Shea means nothing to us. Why would we give him a run out when we have our future to look to.

I'm sure if he retired playing against us for someone where he was really appreciated we'd all be polite, but he's played half a dozen matches for us and was a waste of a signing.