McShane leaves

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

Re: McShane leaves

by Snowflake Royal » 08 May 2019 17:26

Good player some issues now past his best. Thought he'd do better under PC with less fannying about, but no.

Thanks for the good times

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 08 May 2019 17:28

Silver Fox As nobody could tell me I think I've got to the bottom of what happened at Stevenage, LOLz you bunch of babies!

Did you ask?

bcubed
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by bcubed » 08 May 2019 17:36

Denver Royal Good servant, and we got him on a free. Tired of hearing about the Blackburn game really. He made two bad tackles, and I'm sure he felt bad. He had a bad game, it happens. Age has caught up with him, time for him and us to move on. Wish him well.

This^^^

Good luck to him

LUX
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by LUX » 08 May 2019 17:38

Silver Fox I'd say calling him a prick is extremely wide of the mark, he obviously upset a lot of people with his performance against Blackburn but sadly that was just a sign that the game was getting too fast for him. While out of the team he has represented the club well and hasn't bitched and moaned and having met him once he clearly is a decent chap.

Having said that I'm sure the opinions of some nerds won't bother him one bit. Bon voyage Macca

welcome to the Team Board

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 08 May 2019 17:45

Surprised at some of the hate for McShane. He was a hot head at times and you could see that with how he played at times.

However he was a decent centre back, albeit limited and gave us good service. He did a lot of off the field stuff too and did not complain when he didn’t get back in the side this season when recovered from injury.

I wish him well.

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 08 May 2019 19:35

Good Captain and club servant. One of the club's better free transfers. Wish him well.

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 08 May 2019 20:15

CountryRoyal This won’t be a popular view but good riddance. McShane has periodically annoyed me over the years. From the very first time I saw him carelessly lunge into a challenge against Ipswich at home, to a colossal lack of effort at Preston away, him and Gunter passing the ball to each other 20 times in our right corner before we concede, his antics at Stevenage, and then of course the cherry on the top Blackburn this season.

There was also the on-pitch flare-up with Danny Williams away at Boro which ended up with them both getting retrospective 3-game bans for violent conduct. :roll:

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 08 May 2019 21:18

Platypuss
CountryRoyal This won’t be a popular view but good riddance. McShane has periodically annoyed me over the years. From the very first time I saw him carelessly lunge into a challenge against Ipswich at home, to a colossal lack of effort at Preston away, him and Gunter passing the ball to each other 20 times in our right corner before we concede, his antics at Stevenage, and then of course the cherry on the top Blackburn this season.

There was also the on-pitch flare-up with Danny Williams away at Boro which ended up with them both getting retrospective 3-game bans for violent conduct. :roll:

Judging by social media, they made up.

Rax

by Rax » 08 May 2019 21:34

Platypuss

...which was the beginning of the end for Brian, shameful really, McShane was club captain and totally let everyone down. Add in basically stealing a living this year as well.....

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 08 May 2019 22:19

That double 3 match ban was ridiculous. Little bit of handbags

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 09 May 2019 10:38

Rax
Platypuss

...which was the beginning of the end for Brian, shameful really, McShane was club captain and totally let everyone down. Add in basically stealing a living this year as well.....

Getting sent off got a stupid tackle against Fulham in the play off first leg.....

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 11 May 2019 17:13

Rax
Platypuss

What a nonsense statement. He didn't let anyone down, it was a meaningless game towards the end of the season when we had nothing to play for. As for the poster who said his heart was never in it, just a massive :roll: to you

For someone who was a good ambassador for the club and threw themselves at anything and everything, I think some of the reaction in this thread is a disgrace. He made mistakes, but who doesn't

As for the Stevenage debacle, if you can give stick to the players, don't act like a precious snowflake if they retaliate

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 11 May 2019 17:39

URZZZZ
Rax
Platypuss

What a nonsense statement. He didn't let anyone down, it was a meaningless game towards the end of the season when we had nothing to play for. As for the poster who said his heart was never in it, just a massive :roll: to you

For someone who was a good ambassador for the club and threw themselves at anything and everything, I think some of the reaction in this thread is a disgrace. He made mistakes, but who doesn't

As for the Stevenage debacle, if you can give stick to the players, don't act like a precious snowflake if they retaliate

Yeh but as club captain and "good ambassador for the club" swearing at your own fans who are rightly frustrated at the shambles both on that day and prior, probably isn't a good idea or inducive of either.

Rea Ding

by Rea Ding » 11 May 2019 20:32

Denver Royal Good servant, and we got him on a free. Tired of hearing about the Blackburn game really. He made two bad tackles, and I'm sure he felt bad. He had a bad game, it happens. Age has caught up with him, time for him and us to move on. Wish him well.

This. Top bloke who always gave his all, age has just caught up with him!

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 12 May 2019 00:01

Jagermesiter1871
URZZZZ
Rax

Yeh but as club captain and "good ambassador for the club" swearing at your own fans who are rightly frustrated at the shambles both on that day and prior, probably isn't a good idea or inducive of either.

I think the players felt that when we were doing well at the top of the Championship, the support was silent. As soon as we started losing, people decided to voice their frustrations. I'm glad now the support is much better and I admit I was wrong about Club1871

He made a mistake that day and he did apologise for it. People do rash things in the heat of the moment, banging on and on about it is pointless

Just find it quite sad about some of the reactions in here. Someone who was one of our best players in his first couple of seasons before old age/injury problems caught up with him. Yet all people can talk about is the few negatives about him

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 12 May 2019 00:06

Agree, if you’ve got nothing nice to...say nothing

All the best Macca

biff

by biff » 12 May 2019 00:13

Can't think of another player that let us down at crucial times as often as he did tbf. See ya.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 12 May 2019 00:26

you haven’t been around long obvs, nighty night

Notts Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Notts Royal » 12 May 2019 07:36

URZZZZ
Jagermesiter1871
URZZZZ

I think the players felt that when we were doing well at the top of the Championship, the support was silent. As soon as we started losing, people decided to voice their frustrations. I'm glad now the support is much better and I admit I was wrong about Club1871

He made a mistake that day and he did apologise for it. People do rash things in the heat of the moment, banging on and on about it is pointless

Just find it quite sad about some of the reactions in here. Someone who was one of our best players in his first couple of seasons before old age/injury problems caught up with him. Yet all people can talk about is the few negatives about him

Couldn’t agree more with this really.

Some of the supporters really are snowflakes aren’t they.

In the era of the modern footballer where all they are bothered about is their own career & money (Bacuna for example), McShane actually cared and gave his all; and had a decent character.

The majority of time he’s been a very good player to us. But some fans choose to remember the few mistakes...they’re probably the fans who are very hard to please too. Shame, but each to their own

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 12 May 2019 08:20

biff Can't think of another player that let us down at crucial times as often as he did tbf. See ya.

Name all those times then. Or was this just a lazy throwaway comment because he isn’t the player he was 2 years ago?