Next seasons kit choice?

5989 posts
Hound
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Next seasons kit choice?

by Hound » 30 Jul 2018 12:02

bought a kit each for the kids on Saturday - both pretty nice actually. The Black looks even better IRL

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 30 Jul 2018 12:03

Hound bought a kit each for the kids on Saturday - both pretty nice actually. The Black looks even better IRL

Liam Moore on the back??

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 30 Jul 2018 15:33

Ha no. To be honest, never quite understood putting a players name on the back of the shirt. Esp before the end of the transfer window.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 30 Jul 2018 18:35

Remember Gylfig8.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 30 Jul 2018 19:02

Elm Park Kid
Jagermesiter1871
blueroyals
They've been removed from the listings page but the product pages are still available via the URL. Unless they've got some kind of buy-back agreement with Puma they'll need to get rid of them somehow, and the fact that they've not deleted the product pages yet suggests they might be back on sale at a later date...

Asked in the megastore today if they had any of the old shirts and was told they're not on sale anymore. Hoping they will come back on sale once the 'buzz' of the new shirts has died down.

Surely Puma wouldn't buy left overs back?

Has the club every sold off old shirts cheap at the same time as new ones? It seems highly unlikely to me they would do so as it would cannibalise new shirt sales.

Would it really? I suspect that there are two/three different types of buyer: Those who would buy the new shirt at virtually any price regardless. Those who won't fork out ridiculous amounts just to have the latest shirt and wait to buy the old shirts at a good discount. Those who do both.

I doubt there are many who think 'I'll buy the new shirt. Actually the old ones are a really good price now, I'll skip the new shirt and make do with the old one'.

If they are just throwing away the old shirts, I suspect they are throwing away money. However, if the go to charity and the club accept a 'loss' then fair play to them.

Elm Park Kid
Hob Nob Regular

by Elm Park Kid » 31 Jul 2018 19:33

RoyalBlue
Elm Park Kid
Jagermesiter1871
Asked in the megastore today if they had any of the old shirts and was told they're not on sale anymore. Hoping they will come back on sale once the 'buzz' of the new shirts has died down.

Has the club every sold off old shirts cheap at the same time as new ones? It seems highly unlikely to me they would do so as it would cannibalise new shirt sales.

Would it really? I suspect that there are two/three different types of buyer: Those who would buy the new shirt at virtually any price regardless. Those who won't fork out ridiculous amounts just to have the latest shirt and wait to buy the old shirts at a good discount. Those who do both.

I doubt there are many who think 'I'll buy the new shirt. Actually the old ones are a really good price now, I'll skip the new shirt and make do with the old one'.

If they are just throwing away the old shirts, I suspect they are throwing away money. However, if the go to charity and the club accept a 'loss' then fair play to them.

There is probably a percentage of people that go into the club shop and think about buying a top but are put off by the price. A percentage of them will buy something cheaper (like a training top) and if you give them more options that increases the percentage.

muirinho
Hob Nob Regular

by muirinho » 31 Jul 2018 21:01

Elm Park Kid
RoyalBlue
Elm Park Kid

There is probably a percentage of people that go into the club shop and think about buying a top but are put off by the price. A percentage of them will buy something cheaper (like a training top) and if you give them more options that increases the percentage.

Increases the percentage of people who buy something instead of nothing - or increases the percentage of people who buy a training top instead of a shirt?

Swings and roundabouts really.

Elm Park Kid
Hob Nob Regular

by Elm Park Kid » 01 Aug 2018 15:08

muirinho
Elm Park Kid
RoyalBlue

Increases the percentage of people who buy something instead of nothing - or increases the percentage of people who buy a training top instead of a shirt?

Swings and roundabouts really.

Sorry, my grammar was a bit crap there.

I honestly think it would reduce the sale of new tops.

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 05 Aug 2018 10:06

RoyalBlue
Elm Park Kid
Jagermesiter1871

I fall squarely into the second group - I walked into the megastore last week, looked at the new shirts, asked if they had any of lasts years on sale and walked out buying nothing when they said they didn't.
I'm not splashing out £66 for a sports shirt.

Brum Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Brum Royal » 07 Aug 2018 12:56

Any idea on what the squiggly thing is next to the name?

One87One

by One87One » 07 Aug 2018 14:01

Brum Royal Any idea on what the squiggly thing is next to the name?

Charity related I think.

WAZZOCK

by WAZZOCK » 25 Oct 2018 20:24

Who here likes Macron?

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 25 Oct 2018 20:36

WAZZOCK Who here likes Macron?

Prefer Merkel.

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 25 Oct 2018 23:30

Please no.

WAZZOCK

by WAZZOCK » 26 Oct 2018 08:40

Jagermesiter1871 Please no.

Unfortunately so :|

lewesroyal

by lewesroyal » 26 Oct 2018 09:34

Pelada or Kit@ for me

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 26 Oct 2018 09:34

WAZZOCK Who here likes Macron?

I do. Why?

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 26 Oct 2018 09:37

I have had about enough of Puma now, time for a change.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 26 Oct 2018 09:58

If it is going to be Macon,, this is a useful link - https://www.macron.com/uk/en/content/sponsorship

Some nice modern looking designs there for me.

https://www.macron.com/uk/en/sporting-clube-de-portugal-2018-19-junior-home-match-jersey-c00baa.html

But in blue? Yes please!

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 26 Oct 2018 10:01

Hendo If it is going to be Macon,, this is a useful link - https://www.macron.com/uk/en/content/sponsorship

Some nice modern looking designs there for me.

My sons junior team used to have Macron kits. They are very flexible with designs, pretty much can do whatever you want with them. Bit different to the paint by numbers kits you get from Nike or Adidas.

5989 posts