Next seasons kit choice?

5989 posts
Dick Habbin's hairdo
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Next seasons kit choice?

by Dick Habbin's hairdo » 19 Jul 2018 18:54

Jeeeez. It's a friggin' shirt. It'll probably be blue and white, and hopefully have hoops (and a collar.)

TheSpread

by TheSpread » 19 Jul 2018 20:08

Dick Habbin's hairdo Jeeeez. It's a friggin' shirt.

I'm wondering if it's something the Anne Summers shop on Broad street might think about stocking to help sales?

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 19 Jul 2018 21:42

Dick Habbin's hairdo Jeeeez. It's a friggin' shirt. It'll probably be blue and white, and hopefully have hoops (and a collar.)

This get's said every year in this thread and it gets considerably less funny each time. If you have no interest in the shirts why would you even come into a 223 page about the shirts?

WAZZOCK

by WAZZOCK » 19 Jul 2018 22:30

Sutekh
IRjAy I thought Paultheroyal said last week the kit is revealed late this week...

Why are you all getting worried about this. It’s not unusual for Reading to have no new kit unveiled until the season starts. Ridiculous though that is.

Be interesting to know the reason we get these stupidly late release dates. Is it the club or, more likely, is it down to Puma? If so it’s another reason to look at moving to another supplier next year.

We’ve never released a kit after the season has started, so it’s never been late.

TheSpread

by TheSpread » 20 Jul 2018 09:39

WAZZOCK
Sutekh
IRjAy I thought Paultheroyal said last week the kit is revealed late this week...

Why are you all getting worried about this. It’s not unusual for Reading to have no new kit unveiled until the season starts. Ridiculous though that is.

Be interesting to know the reason we get these stupidly late release dates. Is it the club or, more likely, is it down to Puma? If so it’s another reason to look at moving to another supplier next year.

We’ve never released a kit after the season has started, so it’s never been late.

I'm sure the away kit has been released after the season has started on several occasions. Released, as in on sale at the shop.

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 20 Jul 2018 09:57

Jagermesiter1871
Dick Habbin's hairdo Jeeeez. It's a friggin' shirt. It'll probably be blue and white, and hopefully have hoops (and a collar.)

This get's said every year in this thread and it gets considerably less funny each time. If you have no interest in the shirts why would you even come into a 223 page about the shirts?

To LOL @ people getting upset about the shirt not being released yet? My favourite new wrinkle this year is that we've had to unveil our new signings in last year's kit as if for some reason against Derby they'll have no idea what to do as they'll be so confused by the kit they've got on :lol:

TheSpread

by TheSpread » 20 Jul 2018 10:02

Silver Fox
Jagermesiter1871

To LOL @ people getting upset about the shirt not being released yet? My favourite new wrinkle this year is that we've had to unveil our new signings in last year's kit as if for some reason against Derby they'll have no idea what to do as they'll be so confused by the kit they've got on :lol:

It's always good to see our club at the forefront of marketing the new kit. We're right up there with sunday league sides.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 20 Jul 2018 12:38

have to say, I'm sick of seeing us turn out in those orange away shirts. Just reminds me of the misery of last season

Do people actually buy the new shirts 3-4 weeks before the season starts? Does it actually mean we sell less if we release it 1 week before the start of the season, rather than 1 month before? Doubt either tbh

URZZZZZZZZ
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Long knocks it back in.............IT'S READING WHO TAKE A MASSIVE STEP TOWARDS WEMBLEY!!

by URZZZZZZZZ » 20 Jul 2018 23:38

TheSpread
WAZZOCK
Sutekh

I'm sure the away kit has been released after the season has started on several occasions. Released, as in on sale at the shop.

You may well be right for one occasion on reflection. However the notion that we release the kit on a regular basis ‘late’ is nonsense.

tmesis
Hob Nob Regular

by tmesis » 21 Jul 2018 00:14

URZZZZZZZZ
TheSpread
WAZZOCK

You may well be right for one occasion on reflection. However the notion that we release the kit on a regular basis ‘late’ is nonsense.

We release it later than virtually every professional club in the country.

Either we have marketing geniuses at the club, who have spotted a sales strategy unseen by every club out there, or we are comparatively late in getting it out.

I think a lot of people would just like to know why we release it later than virtually everybody else, every single year. I think the only comment I can recall was someone replying that it takes a long time to get it all done, to which the obvious reply is "start sooner".

Elm Park Kid
Hob Nob Regular

by Elm Park Kid » 21 Jul 2018 08:16

Is the club still selling the 'old' kit in the store at full price? It seems almost immoral to do that . . . .

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 21 Jul 2018 15:43

As is changing the kit every season (something that was said would only happen every other season, not THAT long ago).

Maybe last seasons kit is this seasons kit?

Elm Park Kid
Hob Nob Regular

by Elm Park Kid » 24 Jul 2018 12:29

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 24 Jul 2018 12:35

revealed on Friday for anyone who can't be bothered to click on the link

DelBoyRodders
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by DelBoyRodders » 24 Jul 2018 12:36

Seems to me the reason for releasing the new kit as late as they can this week is to try and encourage as many people as possible to turn up for Saturday's friendly against Crystal Palace.

We can only hope they have bigger news to release today/tomorrow - e.g. a new striker.

IRjAy

by IRjAy » 24 Jul 2018 12:38

DelBoyRodders Seems to me the reason for releasing the new kit as late as they can this week is to try and encourage as many people as possible to turn up for Saturday's friendly against Crystal Palace.

We can only hope they have bigger news to release today/tomorrow - e.g. a new striker.

Imagine the rush with 5000 fans at the ground this weekend.

Elm Park Kid
Hob Nob Regular

by Elm Park Kid » 24 Jul 2018 14:02

Hound revealed on Friday for anyone who can't be bothered to click on the link

Depending on how you interpret their grammar, it may be announced before.

2018-19 replica kit to be revealed and go on sale online from Friday...

The new Royals 2018-19 kits are set to be revealed later this week!

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 24 Jul 2018 14:33

IRjAy
DelBoyRodders Seems to me the reason for releasing the new kit as late as they can this week is to try and encourage as many people as possible to turn up for Saturday's friendly against Crystal Palace.

Imagine the rush with 5000 fans at the ground this weekend.

Except I bet you can only order it online and if you’re lucky you may get it sent out to you in time for the visit to Forest. Well done Reading, another complete success.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 24 Jul 2018 14:46

Sutekh Except I bet you can only order it online and if you’re lucky you may get it sent out to you in time for the visit to Forest. Well done Reading, another complete success.

Are you having a go at the club for something that hasn't even happened yet?

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 24 Jul 2018 14:50

genome
Sutekh Except I bet you can only order it online and if you’re lucky you may get it sent out to you in time for the visit to Forest. Well done Reading, another complete success.

Are you having a go at the club for something that hasn't even happened yet?

Past experience perhaps. I know it took them ages last season for my son's shirt to come.

5989 posts