Next seasons kit choice?

5989 posts
Y21
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: Next seasons kit choice?

by Y21 » 30 Aug 2017 11:35

What do these shirts fit like? i.e. do you normally wear a large, but need to get an XL for it not look obscene?

Asking for a friend. :?

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 09 May 2018 17:33

So, I presume we've had the standard firesale of shirts for a tenner in the club shop - or will the club retain this seasons shirt into next season? I presume not and so let the speculation commence....

Armadillo Roadkill

by Armadillo Roadkill » 09 May 2018 18:16

Unthinkable that any club would miss the opportunity to fleece, ahem, *reward* their loyal supporters with a new kit every season.

No fire sale yet though, just a modest discount. The sort of discount you'd expect in January, not once the season is already over.

I guessing next season's kit will be blue and white-ish, sorted of hooped but not properly so no one's happy, and sponsored by some betting company that's big in China.

tmesis
Hob Nob Regular

by tmesis » 09 May 2018 18:21

Armadillo Roadkill and sponsored by some betting company that's big in China.

Radblokes?

The Royal Forester
Hob Nob Regular

by The Royal Forester » 09 May 2018 18:24

Sutekh So, I presume we've had the standard firesale of shirts for a tenner in the club shop - or will the club retain this seasons shirt into next season? I presume not and so let the speculation commence....

For the away kit. I would like to see something different for a change. How about red and yellow (or gold) hoops? After all, they are colours on our club badge.

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 09 May 2018 23:02

Armadillo Roadkill Unthinkable that any club would miss the opportunity to fleece, ahem, *reward* their loyal supporters with a new kit every season.

No fire sale yet though, just a modest discount. The sort of discount you'd expect in January, not once the season is already over.

I guessing next season's kit will be blue and white-ish, sorted of hooped but not properly so no one's happy, and sponsored by some betting company that's big in China.

Is the Carabao sponsorship over now?

CavershamRoyal

by CavershamRoyal » 09 May 2018 23:37

Jagermesiter1871
Armadillo Roadkill Unthinkable that any club would miss the opportunity to fleece, ahem, *reward* their loyal supporters with a new kit every season.

Is the Carabao sponsorship over now?

Pretty sure it's until the end of 2018/19 for now.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 10 May 2018 07:55

The Royal Forester
Sutekh So, I presume we've had the standard firesale of shirts for a tenner in the club shop - or will the club retain this seasons shirt into next season? I presume not and so let the speculation commence....

For the away kit. I would like to see something different for a change. How about red and yellow (or gold) hoops? After all, they are colours on our club badge.

How are luminous orange shirts that look like they have tyre marks on them not different?

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 10 May 2018 10:08

Old Man Andrews
The Royal Forester

How are luminous orange shirts that look like they have tyre marks on them not different?

I would say our last two away shirts have been very different from what a) we have had previously and b) the majority of teams in the UK are doing.

Personally for the away kit, I would like black with red trim:

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 10 May 2018 14:34

Old Man Andrews
The Royal Forester

Spurs 15/16 was the worst for looking like someone had driven over the shirt

royalp-we
Hob Nob Regular

by royalp-we » 13 May 2018 22:31

I imagine big ron will be checking whether we are getting the best deal with Puma.

If the club selected another teamwear supplier, sales of replicas and track suits etc would surely increase. Excluding Kit@, is it 15yrs with Puma Now?

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 14 May 2018 11:38

royalp-we I imagine big ron will be checking whether we are getting the best deal with Puma.

If the club selected another teamwear supplier, sales of replicas and track suits etc would surely increase. Excluding Kit@, is it 15yrs with Puma Now?

If we released an Adidas hookup with 3 stripe tracksuit bottoms I genuinely wouldn't be able to contain myself

Armadillo Roadkill

by Armadillo Roadkill » 18 May 2018 12:09

Adidas >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> anyone else.

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 19 May 2018 10:54

How come this seasons shirts are not on their bargain base sale yet? Now is when I usually swoop in and pick up a shirt for £15 . Last years shirt was made of cob webs and the collar is stretched beyond recognition already so paying anything more is ridiculous.

royalp-we
Hob Nob Regular

by royalp-we » 19 May 2018 20:09

It a bit odd that they are not yet discounted. Tbf sales would have been worse this year - so they might just be left with a few of the initial order to Puma last august so keeping the margin on the final few :lol:

They will no doubt mark 20 years at the Madejski (cleverly marketed as '20 years in RG2' by the club - stadium sponsor incoming?) on the kit somehow. Probably a gold sash or edges. Super gheyy

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 22 May 2018 21:28

And the EP joins the trail random imaginings...

https://championshipnews.co.uk/team/rea ... -love-them

I actually like them but no doubt will be wide of the final thing when it finally gets revealed.

MoorgateRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by MoorgateRoyal » 23 May 2018 09:25

I quite like those but as you said, they'll be nothing like the templates Puma give us.

Palace's template is likely to be used for at least one of our kits, and that's not particularly offensive so I won't be too bothered.

It would be good to have a new supplier who will create bespoke kits but that seems unlikely.

RFCMod

by RFCMod » 23 May 2018 14:09

MoorgateRoyal I quite like those but as you said, they'll be nothing like the templates Puma give us.

Palace's template is likely to be used for at least one of our kits, and that's not particularly offensive so I won't be too bothered.

It would be good to have a new supplier who will create bespoke kits but that seems unlikely.

We don't have the selling power to allow us the luxury of a bespoke kit unfortunately
Each manufacturer will set up the factory line to run out as big a run as possible on a generic shirt so as to keep productivity high,so our shirt and who ever is using the same template will be made together
Then badge, branding...etc added afterwards to make them unique to each club

Mike Hunt
Hob Nob Regular

by Mike Hunt » 24 May 2018 00:26

Here are the kits... Stuff going to that website, loads like a dog's breakfast...

Home Kit

Away Kit

3rd Kit

Brum Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Brum Royal » 24 May 2018 09:34

They're all quite smart, not quite so keen on the away kit idea. Also a bit odd that they've all got different collars.

5989 posts