New Training Ground

311 posts
tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

Re: New Training Ground

by tidus_mi2 » 31 May 2016 12:36

Part of the reason I was still giving the Thais the benefit of the doubt was that they were progressing with the new training ground, if work has indeed stopped then that's a big positive for their regime turned into a massive negative.

They would double condemn themselves if they keep stalling on the training ground but crack on with the property development, it would suddenly give the rumours of them only being after the land a lot more credence

UpThePrem

by UpThePrem » 01 Jun 2016 11:47

Work wasn't due to start until later in the year. They had to get the trees down before March because of the bird nesting season otherwise it would stop the main works later in the year. Same as many construction jobs.

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 01 Jun 2016 11:55

UpThePrem Work wasn't due to start until later in the year. They had to get the trees down before March because of the bird nesting season otherwise it would stop the main works later in the year. Same as many construction jobs.

If that's the case then I stand corrected.

One8Seven1*

by One8Seven1* » 01 Jun 2016 15:48

tidus_mi2
UpThePrem Work wasn't due to start until later in the year. They had to get the trees down before March because of the bird nesting season otherwise it would stop the main works later in the year. Same as many construction jobs.

If that's the case then I stand corrected.

You would expect Charles Watts to know that, but he says the work has all but stopped. Either lazy journalism or it has just stopped.

Magic Hat

by Magic Hat » 08 Aug 2016 14:28

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-berkshire-37008890

Work on Reading FC training ground stalls

Building for a new training ground for Reading FC, which was approved last year, has not broken ground yet, according to one of the club's owners.
Sumrith Thanakarnjanasuth, one of a Thai consortium to take over the club in 2014, said the new training ground plans were still being finalised.
Speaking to the BBC after the Royal's 1-0 win over Preston North End, he said final details were being worked over.
The club bought land in Bearwood Park for the training ground in 2013.

Mr Thanakarnjanasuth said: "It's a bit delayed because the plans are not settled yet, there's been a lot of change, but we look forward to building that up.
"The drawing, even the location and the number of pitches, has not been settled yet, but we're working on that now."
The Championship football club received planning permission to build on the 120-acre site in 2015.
It was hoped the facility would be ready by 2016.

Tazewell Royal

by Tazewell Royal » 08 Aug 2016 18:27

Magic Hat http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-berkshire-37008890

Work on Reading FC training ground stalls

Building for a new training ground for Reading FC, which was approved last year, has not broken ground yet, according to one of the club's owners.
Sumrith Thanakarnjanasuth, one of a Thai consortium to take over the club in 2014, said the new training ground plans were still being finalised.
Speaking to the BBC after the Royal's 1-0 win over Preston North End, he said final details were being worked over.
The club bought land in Bearwood Park for the training ground in 2013.

Mr Thanakarnjanasuth said: "It's a bit delayed because the plans are not settled yet, there's been a lot of change, but we look forward to building that up.
"The drawing, even the location and the number of pitches, has not been settled yet, but we're working on that now."
The Championship football club received planning permission to build on the 120-acre site in 2015.
It was hoped the facility would be ready by 2016.

Well that's what happens when you keep changing the managers, they all want the training ground designed to suit "their" ideas.
Get it sorted quick before you sack Stam, or he resigns.

WAZZOCK

by WAZZOCK » 08 Aug 2016 19:40

^ What a load of absolute nonsense.

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 09 Aug 2016 11:59

WAZZOCK ^ What a load of absolute nonsense.

+1

The training ground is a fixed thing, the manager has no bearing on the development, new managers will just bring in new staff and potentially new playing styles, they'll all use the same facilities.

We didn't rip up Hogwood and start fresh every time we changed manager.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 09 Aug 2016 16:27

This does bring a certain level of worry for me.. Probably unreasonably as there are a million and one things that can stall this project but I hope the delay isnt a re-think. The project is something very exciting so I hope it doesnt become a saga of some kind.

Maneki Neko
Hob Nob Legend

by Maneki Neko » 09 Aug 2016 16:36

is this an actual delay?

I thought they merely had to take the trees down when they did to avoid issues with nesting birds, and the start date for actually breaking ground had never really been agreed/released....

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 09 Aug 2016 18:08

NewCorkSeth This does bring a certain level of worry for me.. Probably unreasonably as there are a million and one things that can stall this project but I hope the delay isnt a re-think. The project is something very exciting so I hope it doesnt become a saga of some kind.

I'm fine with a rethink, if they want to improve it then why not ?
They know there is a fixed date it needs to be completed by and as long as they hit that it doesn't matter too much exactly when it is ready.
For what it's worth I would like to see the plans include a 'show pitch' with public access allowing us to watch more of the youth games. It's a shame Hogwood has essentially been a no go area for fans.

West Stand Man
Hob Nob Regular

by West Stand Man » 09 Aug 2016 18:35

Nameless
NewCorkSeth This does bring a certain level of worry for me.. Probably unreasonably as there are a million and one things that can stall this project but I hope the delay isnt a re-think. The project is something very exciting so I hope it doesnt become a saga of some kind.

They know there is a fixed date it needs to be completed by and as long as they hit that it doesn't matter too much exactly when it is ready.
For what it's worth I would like to see the plans include a 'show pitch' with public access allowing us to watch more of the youth games. It's a shame Hogwood has essentially been a no go area for fans.

Yes, I always had visions of us having a small 'stadium' on one pitch so that we could watch youth games and maybe even lease time on it to Wokingham so that they could come home!

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 09 Aug 2016 20:16

West Stand Man
Nameless

Yes, I always had visions of us having a small 'stadium' on one pitch so that we could watch youth games and maybe even lease time on it to Wokingham so that they could come home!

Someone go submit that idea. Granted I dont live in England anymore but the ability to watch youth games sounds fantastic.

What I meant by re-think was whether they might plan to cut costs and deliver less than what we have been informed of.. With one of our shareholders saying in an interview that the plans are not finalised I worry there is leeway to reduce the money spent on the facilities.

Whore Jackie
Hob Nob Regular

by Whore Jackie » 13 Sep 2016 13:22

Been reading that RFC want to move the Dome to the Forest School in Winnersh, they're in initial planning discussions with WBC. It will actually be a new Dome rather than moving the current one.

Apparently Sport England are insistent that the Dome remains a community asset, so presumably that means either Bearwood won't have any public access or its removal from the Mad Stad / Royal Elm Park development won't tie in with the seemingly-delayed Bearwood construction.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 13 Sep 2016 13:37

It would seem a good solution to put the Dome at Forest.
It would mean it could still be used by the public but site security would be someone else's problem. It would be 2 minutes from Bearwood. The scholars mostly go to Forest so we already have a relationship.
It would also remove a bit of an eyesore from the Bearwood site !

West Stand Man
Hob Nob Regular

by West Stand Man » 13 Sep 2016 16:33

Nameless It would seem a good solution to put the Dome at Forest.
It would mean it could still be used by the public but site security would be someone else's problem. It would be 2 minutes from Bearwood. The scholars mostly go to Forest so we already have a relationship.
It would also remove a bit of an eyesore from the Bearwood site !

And it would free up some more parking space so that more cars could be in the stadium car par, and getting out will be even harder!

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 13 Sep 2016 19:07

I think the dome space is earmarked for flats, or an ice rink, or a ice cream parlour or something.

Green
Hob Nob Legend

by Green » 13 Sep 2016 21:35

West Stand Man
Nameless

And a bar with 4 guest ales, and a monorail station to get you back into town after.

Dream on folks.

Maneki Neko
Hob Nob Legend

by Maneki Neko » 14 Sep 2016 09:43

a sweeneys pie stand

Green
Hob Nob Legend

by Green » 14 Sep 2016 22:19

A witty fanzine
Free parking (for those not on the monorail)

311 posts