New Training Ground

311 posts
bcubed
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: New Training Ground

by bcubed » 04 Sep 2014 13:43

Elm Park
Royal Lady I can't believe the club haven't paid any money at all for the land. Surely before you can put in a planning application, you have to own the place first?

No, I believe you can apply for planning on any land, you don't have to own it. That doesn't mean you can build on that land once planning permission is granted.

Yes but it is a legal requirement that the owners of the land upon which a planning application is being made are notified of that application.

sorry thats not very interesting is it?!

Elm Park

by Elm Park » 04 Sep 2014 21:54

bcubed
Elm Park
Royal Lady I can't believe the club haven't paid any money at all for the land. Surely before you can put in a planning application, you have to own the place first?

No, I believe you can apply for planning on any land, you don't have to own it. That doesn't mean you can build on that land once planning permission is granted.

Yes but it is a legal requirement that the owners of the land upon which a planning application is being made are notified of that application.

True but they only need to be informed like others in the area have to be IIRC. Could be a nice way to upset someone who has p1ssed you off.

bcubed
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by bcubed » 04 Sep 2014 22:44

Elm Park
bcubed
Elm Park

True but they only need to be informed like others in the area have to be IIRC. Could be a nice way to upset someone who has p1ssed you off.

Not quite, it's a different process and depends if they know the names of owners
If they do they must serve a written notice on them

SPARTA
Hob Nob Regular
Location: If you give us 90 minutes, we'll give you a lifetime

by SPARTA » 05 Sep 2014 12:27

Sure we covered this in the past that the club hadn't actually bought the land yet, and it was pending the PP. Many argued it not to be the case though. Well.. talk is cheap, as AZ proved. Sadly his signings (PP, RD) weren't.

yappy

by yappy » 08 Sep 2014 23:49

My guess would be the club have put forward a small fee to enter into an option agreement, agreeing to purchase the land if PP is granted. Would be a little strange for the club to make a PP application without having paid anything to the seller.

ZacNaloen
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 'If atheism is a religion, then bald is a hair color.' -Mark Schnitzius

by ZacNaloen » 09 Sep 2014 13:05

It said in the announcement that the purchase was subject to planning permission being approved. But imagine we've had to pay a deposit of some sort. The argument was about what would happen if no money was available. Which is still a moot point as planning approval still hasn't happened.

Wycombe Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by Wycombe Royal » 10 Oct 2014 09:41

Planning application is in....

http://www.wokingham.gov.uk/planning/services/search/

and search for application number F/2014/2119

ZacNaloen
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 'If atheism is a religion, then bald is a hair color.' -Mark Schnitzius

by ZacNaloen » 10 Oct 2014 10:25

Here is the masterplan with an overhead graphic of the layout

https://www2.wokingham.gov.uk/sys_upl/t ... plan%2Epdf

Mr.Swainey

by Mr.Swainey » 10 Oct 2014 12:29

ZacNaloen Here is the masterplan with an overhead graphic of the layout

Do they really need that many pitches?

SPARTA
Hob Nob Regular
Location: If you give us 90 minutes, we'll give you a lifetime

by SPARTA » 10 Oct 2014 13:47

Mr.Swainey
ZacNaloen Here is the masterplan with an overhead graphic of the layout

Do they really need that many pitches?

I think you have to have x amount under Cat 1.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 10 Oct 2014 14:31

17 I believe.

I can't get the link to open but BBCRB said 15 pitches are in the plan + the covered area, so I'm assuming there are 2 full sized pitches under cover.

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 16 Oct 2014 14:54

why is a lean to, and walled garden included?

and why is the headquarters stuck out in a field on its own.

RG30
Hob Nob Addict

by RG30 » 02 Apr 2015 13:18

blueroyals
Hob Nob Regular

by blueroyals » 02 Apr 2015 13:32

Where are the rest of the pitches then?

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Training Facilities

by Sutekh » 25 Sep 2015 12:35

Latest from Charles Watts....

Reading FC have completed the purchase of the site which will house their new state-of-the-art training complex.

The club has been in the process of buying the land which used to house Bearwood Golf Club for some time now from previous owners the Royal Merchant Navy Education Foundation.

Although both parties exchanged contracts months ago for the 64-acre site - the deal has dragged on and been hits by delays.

But getreading.co.uk understands it was completed yesterday (Thursday) and the keys for the golf club will be handed over to Reading FC’s project manager for the new development, Martyn Sykes of the Thornbridge Group, next week.

Reading have now also served notice on the last remaining tenants who are still living in houses that are on the site.

The exact figure of the sale has not been disclosed, but getreading.co.uk understands Reading have paid around £4 million for the land and properties included in the sale.

Work will now start on building the training complex, which received planning approval from Wokingham Borough Council in April.

Bearwood Park will include three full-size team pitches, five other pitches for use by the academy and two goalkeeping practice areas.

The new site, designed by architects Barton Willmore , is key to the club maintaining its highly-valued Category 1 academy.

It is not expected to be fully operational for at least two years. The first stage of the development will be to build the pitches, with work on the new buildings not due to begin until the second year of the project.

The football club will remain at its current Hogwood Park training ground while the work takes place.

akranes
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Training Facilities

by akranes » 25 Sep 2015 13:08

Why was that £4m not used to by Beric and Federici?!?!?!??!?!?
ridculous club! anothert ransfer dead line day, and guess what!!!! NO SIGNINGS!!! thai's out!. deep pockets indeed"!!!!

Good news, hopefully the construction won't take too long.

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Training Facilities

by SCIAG » 25 Sep 2015 13:13

Why wasn't the Vydra money spent on an extra training ground pitch?

P!ssed Off
Hob Nob Regular

by P!ssed Off » 25 Sep 2015 23:35

Bangkok Bank involved again.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 26 Sep 2015 08:10

Looks like it will be a great asset to the club. I hope they find a way tomake it accessible to fans for at least some Academy games. Location next to a top golf course will be a major asset in terms of transfer activity, Nirvana just down the road for leisure facilities, Sainsburys a stones throw away for post training shopping. Feds could have walked to training and must be kicking himself he made his premature exit.

Green
Hob Nob Legend

by Green » 28 Sep 2015 11:02

'greed, so much to do in the area. When a man is tired of Winnersh he's tired of life.

311 posts