305 posts
West Stand Man
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Thai owners

by West Stand Man » 08 Jul 2015 08:46

Platypuss
Dave-Royal
Silver Fox fvckin' 'ell Dave, ease off the Caracbao when you're posting mate

I'm in Thailand mate On Internet in a cafe nice beer.

Not deleting this one, only to provide context for:

IP for this post: host86-151-157-89.range86-151.btcentralplus.com (86.151.157.89)

:|

I assume that you are implying that Dave isn't in Thailand then??

Green
Hob Nob Legend

by Green » 08 Jul 2015 10:04

paultheroyal
Green
paultheroyal Picture Telford International Centre and then you wont go far wrong with the proposal.

Not sure I've been to that particular International Centre - what's it like?

I'm imagining a bigger version of The Hexagon

I'm still struggling paul.

Do they host many events there that draw a crowd from overseas?

UpThePrem

by UpThePrem » 08 Jul 2015 10:39

Nameless
UpThePrem Not sure whats happening to the land on Imperial Way where the Car Park currently is. I heard that Sainsburys have sold it to a developer but not sure who it is. Could that land be linked to the stadium and be the solution for car parking?

I believe it's going to be developed shortly with a mix of retail, office And residential. Won't be available for parking next season or (officially) in the future.
Not sure Sainsburys were ever involved.

Was told by a Sainsburys manager that they originally bought the land to stop Tesco getting it. May be total bullshit.

Green
Hob Nob Legend

by Green » 08 Jul 2015 10:45

That sort of thing definitely goes on.

paddy20
Hob Nob Regular

by paddy20 » 08 Jul 2015 10:50

Geekins
Royal Ginger I think you could. Not an O2 sized arena, but a smaller one with a 6-8k (bit bigger than the Hammersmith Apollo/Brixton Academy, bit smaller than Wembley Arena) capacity with a set of function suites to enable large conferences. There's already "sell-out" events that play the Hexagon because of a lack of better venue. Reading already has a marketable music reputation thanks to the festival. If it's a decent venue managed properly, build and they will come.

Also the Hexagon cannot attract the top stars as the capacity is too small. A new venue would put Reading on the national map. Perhaps then, as the biggest town that is not a city, we will Reading City

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 08 Jul 2015 12:05

West Stand Man
Platypuss
Dave-Royal I'm in Thailand mate On Internet in a cafe nice beer.

IP for this post: host86-151-157-89.range86-151.btcentralplus.com (86.151.157.89)

I also doubt Dave-Royal is his real name.

Geekins
Hob Nob Regular

by Geekins » 08 Jul 2015 15:26

He's noncing in the Wokingham area from that IP.

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 08 Jul 2015 15:41

Green That sort of thing definitely goes on.
and it's usually Tesco who do it - In fact they got into trouble for it.

Angry Shed Sex
Hob Nob Regular

by Angry Shed Sex » 18 Jul 2015 01:25

West Stand Man
Platypuss
Dave-Royal I'm in Thailand mate On Internet in a cafe nice beer.

I hear from a reliable source he uses a VPN to mask his location and get Sky Go on the go.

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 20 Jul 2015 10:30

Green
paultheroyal
Green Not sure I've been to that particular International Centre - what's it like?

I'm imagining a bigger version of The Hexagon

I'm still struggling paul.

Do they host many events there that draw a crowd from overseas?

MLA Expo | 2nd – 4th October 2015
Europe’s largest locksmith and physical security exhibition (trade only) To find out more about […]

PeterReadingborn59

by PeterReadingborn59 » 21 Aug 2015 14:48

PeterReadingborn59 On paper the current owners seem a good option.
1 Developers with funds to develop space around the Mad Stad
2 Group of investors to prevent single person changing team name, colours, appoint relations etc.
3 see the investment as a business venture and not indulge themselves as if it is a computer game
4 let the Manager manage
5 not publicity seekers,
6 support team on summer tour to build oversea interest
7 bring in new sponsors
8 building club finances to avoid the risks faced last summer of not paying bills
9 allow Manager time to prove himself, avoid knee jerk reactions to results
10 new approach to run business

Give the new owners and SJM credit RFC does seem to be moving on to a new level if the new plans go ahead.
Reading FC co-chairwoman hopes new Madejski Stadium conference facility will soon get the green light
http://www.getreading.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/reading-fc-co-chairwoman-hopes-9880941

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 01 Sep 2015 21:01

Royal Lady Yep - going to be a very tough season I reckon - so hope I'm proved wrong about the owners but sadly was right about Anton :cry:

Bump.

WoodleyRoyal
Hob Nob Addict
Location: when was the last time you did something for the first time?

by WoodleyRoyal » 02 Sep 2015 00:16

Not knocking them but have they really invested and backed clarke? Bit of a odd question considering how many we have brought in.However Clark had said that the eight brought in before piazon john and vydra had cost less than 2 mill. With the release of all the players earlier in the window and now including pog off the wage bill, imo our wage bill will be less than what it was last season. Add to that the sale of Hector for 4 that pretty much covers the earlier activity and the vydra loan fee, leaving us with a net spend at pretty much break even.

Vision
Hob Nob Addict

by Vision » 02 Sep 2015 08:04

WoodleyRoyal Not knocking them but have they really invested and backed clarke? Bit of a odd question considering how many we have brought in.However Clark had said that the eight brought in before piazon john and vydra had cost less than 2 mill. With the release of all the players earlier in the window and now including pog off the wage bill, imo our wage bill will be less than what it was last season. Add to that the sale of Hector for 4 that pretty much covers the earlier activity and the vydra loan fee, leaving us with a net spend at pretty much break even.

Bear in mind though that there's still an £8m shortfall in parachute revenue they need to cover so the wage bill needs to be a lot lower and even with the maximum parachute payment available in 13/14 we still lost over £7m.

That being said the relaxation in the FFP rules for this season, means owners are now allowed a bit more leeway in self financing without breaching FFP rules than before. Probably the reason we're seeing a fair few lunatic bids in the Championship this summer but you're not likely to see the Thais go down that route and to be fair they've never indicated they would..

They've a few more options now than they had a year ago for certain but I don't think you can say they haven't backed Clarke with 11 shiny new additions, all on very healthy Championship wages.

RG30
Hob Nob Addict

by RG30 » 02 Sep 2015 08:15

Where's the money come from and what ever happened to FFP? (apologies if this is a repeated question)

Vision
Hob Nob Addict

by Vision » 02 Sep 2015 09:31

RG30 Where's the money come from and what ever happened to FFP? (apologies if this is a repeated question)

Rules have been relaxed a bit, as stated above.

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 03 Sep 2015 10:39

makes me laugh that the Thais are happy to bankroll our losses in this manner.

even with our wage bill sorted out etc we lost 5+mllion a year
its a wonder these people have money left at all with this kind of business mentalness.
but god bless em for it

UpThePrem

by UpThePrem » 03 Sep 2015 22:41

Having seen Sasima's interview last week its almost as if she wants it as her new hobby rather than a business to take her mind of the passing of her husband. Losing money (or at least covering the losses) doesn't seem to bother her at her age.

When I came to the Club I had just lost my husband and my life became empty, I needed something to cheer me up and I figured out football is a good answer. I never thought about profit or loss at that point, I thought it might be something exciting and challenging for me to do at this time of my life. I know some people have lost money on the club, I know Sir John did, and some people make money, but that is part of business. Profit is not the motivation.
Read more at http://www.readingfc.co.uk/news/article ... mWDwm5i.99

Oilroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by Oilroyal » 03 Sep 2015 23:52

Minted but spending wisely with the premier league as their ultimate guilty pleasure. It's fun and excitement to them compared to their other business interests.

Pat Butchers Ring

by Pat Butchers Ring » 04 Sep 2015 07:44

People will (righty) be cautious of new foreign owners and their motivation for buying a club like Reading. However I must say lady sasima came across very well in both BBC interviews. Whilst this could all be lip service it doesn't seem there motivation is about profit.

Without doubt they will rinse potential sponsorship opportunities for all they are worth to minimise their own spend but that is the way of football nowadays and anyone thinking anything different needs to wake up. If anything they may show us how it's done to maximise the commercials around where the ground/town is which will help us going forward.

People want football to remain like the good old days but Its changing and people can either get on board and embrace or sit there and moan.
Next time we moan about goal music, men dressed in giant lion outfits, Back the Boys etc should remember that for some people that's all they've known football to be. We've had that for over 10 years.

God bless the Thai's

305 posts