Club 1871

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Club 1871

by windermereROYAL » 28 Apr 2018 20:56

Have to say they were has much use as a chocolate ashtray today, once the boring usual chants were done with early on there was nothing else.

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 28 Apr 2018 21:42

Also feel like they're detrimental to the East Stand atmosphere or at least today it seemed so. Y25 was silent for the majority.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 28 Apr 2018 22:27

I thought they did their best but the players didn't given them much to work with. The performance was that bad today it killed the South Stand guys. There's only so positive you can be when served up with that dross.

blueroyals
Hob Nob Regular

by blueroyals » 29 Apr 2018 01:13

Jagermesiter1871 Also feel like they're detrimental to the East Stand atmosphere or at least today it seemed so. Y25 was silent for the majority.

They're not creating atmosphere they're just sapping it from other areas of the ground. Can't stand those narcissistic w@nkers

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 29 Apr 2018 18:38

This is how far forward we have moved in the past 40 years

Nobody knows where to shout or where to cheer ( or in this seasons case....boo) :roll:

All bollox really......the atmosphere starts at 3pm on the pitch

madstadblues

by madstadblues » 29 Apr 2018 20:21

blueroyals
Jagermesiter1871 Also feel like they're detrimental to the East Stand atmosphere or at least today it seemed so. Y25 was silent for the majority.

They're not creating atmosphere they're just sapping it from other areas of the ground. Can't stand those narcissistic w@nkers

Nice to e-meet you nobhead. I went in the SS with a couple of mates as we are so pis££ed off with the negative atmosphere around where we sit (this is the same even at away games). Admittedly the whole problem is due to the total rubbish we have been served up over the past few years. Whilst I respect your view that I might be a w@nker, you should look up the word narcissistic as it is b0llocks!

La Flama Blanca

by La Flama Blanca » 30 Apr 2018 07:48

The East Stand has been poor for most of the last few seasons. There are still enough people in Y25/26 to make plenty of noise so no reason why a hundred odd people in the South Stand should drown out the thousands that sit in the East. That Said at least you get banter between the East stand and travelling support most of the time. I can't really see the South Stand lot really engaging in much of that.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 30 Apr 2018 08:22

The megaphone was a huge issue on Saturday. The South Stand guys were doing a good job of generating noise on their own and then all you can hear is an idiot on a megaphone. People were laughing at it around me and taking the piss out of it rather than considering joining in. I think most sane people want the guys running it to succeed but there is no way anyone seriously wants the megaphone to be a permanent fixture.

It might work in Germany and other places but Reading isn't Dortmund. It is a middle class part of Berkshire where that sh*t just won't fly.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 30 Apr 2018 09:20

Actually agreed with you there OMA.

I'm a big fan of the initiative, but the megaphone is awful. I think they ditched it for the second half, thankfully.

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 30 Apr 2018 09:38

A megaphone is fine(ish) for starting a chant but you simply don't, unless you're Graham Crabb, sing the whole song through one

Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict

by Victor Meldrew » 30 Apr 2018 10:37

No strong view either way but it reminded me of the TV series The Manageress( with the lovely Cherie Lunghi) where it was a obviously rent-a-crowd rather than a genuine match day crowd.

As a by-the-way perhaps it settles the argument that players are affected by crowd support-if the 1871 club hadn't been there would it have been 8-0?

Theroyalbox
Hob Nob Regular

by Theroyalbox » 30 Apr 2018 10:43

I still think they are too isolated from everywhere else that it creates a divide in the atmosphere. Come and join us in the east stand guys we don't bite x x

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 30 Apr 2018 16:25

I actually think it would be a decent idea to move the away fans to the west side of the SS , then the SS singers can be closer and interact with Y25/26.

Moonfish

by Moonfish » 01 May 2018 01:02

windermereROYAL I actually think it would be a decent idea to move the away fans to the west side of the SS , then the SS singers can be closer and interact with Y25/26.

This 100%, especially if the long term aim is to help spread or enhance the atmosphere further around the ground.

Also, if we are still open to name suggestions for this movement, please may I suggest 'The Copp'?...

Double d v2

by Double d v2 » 01 May 2018 06:48

Moonfish
windermereROYAL I actually think it would be a decent idea to move the away fans to the west side of the SS , then the SS singers can be closer and interact with Y25/26.

This 100%, especially if the long term aim is to help spread or enhance the atmosphere further around the ground.

Also, if we are still open to name suggestions for this movement, please may I suggest 'The Copp'?...

:lol:

Maneki Neko
Hob Nob Legend

by Maneki Neko » 01 May 2018 15:46

blueroyals

They're not creating atmosphere they're just sapping it from other areas of the ground.

:lol:

how does that work exactly?

"I was going to stand up and sing for a second there, but those other people over there did it before me, so I didn't bother"?

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 06 May 2018 09:02

Silver Fox A megaphone is fine(ish) for starting a chant but you simply don't, unless you're Graham Crabb, sing the whole song through one

This. Half the south stand were rolling their eyes and wishing someone would shove the thing up his arse.

The megaphone might have a place if it's only used to start chants when things are dying a bit. It certainly shouldn't be used once everyone has joined in or to join in with chants someone else has started.

He may have been well intentioned but he was oxf*rd annoying and hopefully someone who knows him will have a word.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 06 May 2018 09:09

Theroyalbox I still think they are too isolated from everywhere else that it creates a divide in the atmosphere. Come and join us in the east stand guys we don't bite x x

Given there's reserved seating and many established STHs, some who don't want to stand or sing and some of those who do only want to sing at the away fans, how do you suggest the club drops 250 like minded people into the same part of the East without upsetting anyone?

I agree they really need to be in around other fans who might join in, but switching them and the away fans is also likely to upset a few East standers who just want to be near the away fans.

The whole home section is just too established to drop this lot in without riling quite a few people.

One87One

by One87One » 30 May 2018 14:38

Not keen on it being called South Bank. Us oldies who stood on the South Bank moved to Y25/26 and that is where the spirit of the South Bank is. However, I love the idea and fancy a change so I'm open to moving my ST next season.

When will the club make the decision if the 2000 home fans in the South Stand is a go? And when can STH's move their respective seats?

muirinho
Hob Nob Regular

by muirinho » 30 May 2018 15:52

One87One Not keen on it being called South Bank. Us oldies who stood on the South Bank moved to Y25/26 and that is where the spirit of the South Bank is. However, I love the idea and fancy a change so I'm open to moving my ST next season.

When will the club make the decision if the 2000 home fans in the South Stand is a go? And when can STH's move their respective seats?

The organisers themselves did not call it South Bank - but they probably need to come up with a name, particularly if it stays in the South Stand, to prevent it being called that by default.

Club said with the STH renewal info basically that nothing has been decided, other than it will continue in some form or other, but people who are interested should renew as normal, and would be allowed move once it gets sorted.

Given how flipping far we are from most clubs this season, there aren't that many who would potentially fill out the away end - I think it will probably stay where it is. Anything else would be too disruptive for existing season ticket holders. The only way I can see it being moved, to be honest, is if Safe Standing becomes legal, and is implemented in some part of the ground - you'd probably then have a general reshuffling of people's seats.