Club 1871 - the What, When, Where, How, Who & Why Thread

2100 posts
tee peg
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Club 1871 - the What, When, Where, How, Who & Why Thread

by tee peg » 23 Jul 2018 10:02

IRjAy It's nothing to do with working for the Inland Revenue then?

That is worse . :D

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 23 Jul 2018 15:50

I asked a question on twitter as to why they cant use the east corner of the south stand and move the away fans to the west corner. this would help interaction with Y25/26 and avoid confrontations between home and away fans, the west stand are hardly likely to be causing trouble are they?
The answer I got was it would affect the away allocation as the other side doesn`t hold so many fans. doesn`t really look that way to me looking by the naked eye.
Of course there must be a way around this. talk to the bloody club, you are far too isolated over in that corner.

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 23 Jul 2018 16:01

windermereROYAL Of course there must be a way around this. talk to the bloody club, you are far too isolated over in that corner.

Maybe just don't bother cos it's pointless?

muirinho
Hob Nob Regular

by muirinho » 23 Jul 2018 16:32

windermereROYAL I asked a question on twitter as to why they cant use the east corner of the south stand and move the away fans to the west corner. this would help interaction with Y25/26 and avoid confrontations between home and away fans, the west stand are hardly likely to be causing trouble are they?
The answer I got was it would affect the away allocation as the other side doesn`t hold so many fans. doesn`t really look that way to me looking by the naked eye.
Of course there must be a way around this. talk to the bloody club, you are far too isolated over in that corner.

So are you saying the club don't know how many seats they have in each side of the stand, and if only someone could talk to them they could teach them how to count?

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 23 Jul 2018 16:39

muirinho
windermereROYAL I asked a question on twitter as to why they cant use the east corner of the south stand and move the away fans to the west corner. this would help interaction with Y25/26 and avoid confrontations between home and away fans, the west stand are hardly likely to be causing trouble are they?

So are you saying the club don't know how many seats they have in each side of the stand, and if only someone could talk to them they could teach them how to count?

No, im saying there is a way around it. if they want atmoshere at the ground then make alterations. club 1871 are making a great effort, why dont the club go the extra mile even if it costs a few bob.

IRjAy

by IRjAy » 23 Jul 2018 17:06

Ideas have been put to the club but as you say, they cost money, so the lost interest in those ideas. One of which was to fill in the air vents at the backs of the stands. They were happy to look at this, then they realised it would cost a little bit to customise them to fit etc, and the idea stalled. They trialed a plastic banner in Y26 as an alternative with a view to using those in front of the grills instead, but again, this alternative stalled.

Gourlay is supposed to be looking into ways of increasing income. Well filling in the vents would create advertising space in direct view of the TV cameras, prime space, but no...

Apart from hand out 4 and 5 year contracts like sweets since his arrival I'm still trying to work out just what he's brought to the club.

One87One

by One87One » 06 Aug 2018 11:40

I was in hospitality for Derby and I have to say I was very impressed with the South Stand. I think I saw they'd sold just over 300 tickets before the game. It looked 400 or so in there for the game.

Good noise throughout the game and at times worked with Y25/Y26.

This can only be a good thing for the club. Keep it up! Will join you for Bolton.

Club 1871

by Club 1871 » 06 Aug 2018 11:59

Well that wasn't at all disappointing was it? Played so well for much of the game only to be hit by an error and what turned out to be a wonderful header.

A few teething problems for us in the South, but otherwise I thought we did ok, tried to do our own thing during the quieter moments and get involved with Y25/6 and the N/E corner when we could, and the effect was largely positive IMO. Numbers-wise, an increase on where we left off last season so we're genuinely pleased with that, the trick now is to get more again for Bolton.

If anyone is umming and ahhing about joining us, give it a one game trial. Transfer your Season Ticket for a match, or buy your match ticket in the South (not available online, can only call or visit the club to do so due to the need for a purchase history). We need the numbers to make this work, particularly when we're up against the larger support like Derby on Friday night...come and join us 8)

Elm Park Kid
Hob Nob Regular

by Elm Park Kid » 06 Aug 2018 18:37

Out of interest - are they standing throughout the game?

bobby1413
Hob Nob Addict

by bobby1413 » 06 Aug 2018 18:44

One87One I was in hospitality for Derby and I have to say I was very impressed with the South Stand. I think I saw they'd sold just over 300 tickets before the game. It looked 400 or so in there for the game.

Good noise throughout the game and at times worked with Y25/Y26.

This can only be a good thing for the club. Keep it up! Will join you for Bolton.

Agree, I was impressed with them too. The extra numbers meant I could clearly hear them when the East Stand went quiet. As stated, if we can sing along together it will be really decent

Elm Park Kid Out of interest - are they standing throughout the game?

Yes they are

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 07 Aug 2018 08:01

This is going to be a problem at some point, especially if the stewards are stricter in the East Stand or away end when it comes to standing. Club 1871 should be careful they aren't seen to be getting special treatment.

bobby1413
Hob Nob Addict

by bobby1413 » 07 Aug 2018 08:13

Old Man Andrews

This is going to be a problem at some point, especially if the stewards are stricter in the East Stand or away end when it comes to standing. Club 1871 should be careful they aren't seen to be getting special treatment.

You're worrying over nothing. Fans are free to stand, the only time they haven't been are brief periods where over-zealous stewarding has come into force.

Club 1871 have the full backing of the club and are working closely with their fans to provide an environment which provides the most enjoyment. No doubt things *may* change only if there is disorder which is very unlikely.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 07 Aug 2018 08:55

And how would you know what that looked like if you haven't been?

One87One

by One87One » 07 Aug 2018 12:35

Old Man Andrews

The South, like Y26, stood all game. If the club decides to get heavy again with standing then both will of course be treated the same.

muirinho
Hob Nob Regular

by muirinho » 07 Aug 2018 15:23

Old Man Andrews

One of the things about Club1871 is that you're signing up to standing. I can't stand where I am in East, because the people behind me don't stand, and I'd be blocking their view. A block where everybody stands is better. I prefer the view where I am, but some of us are thinking of moving.

Stewards were clearly letting Y26 stand - their problem is that if anybody is sitting down, and complains about people standing in front of them, they have to act.

Overall it seemed to go well - there were definitely a number of times when Y26 were quiet, South Stand started a chant, and Y25/26 joined in. I thought the overall noise levels on Friday were considerably better than normal, to be fair though, the football possibly had quite a bit to do with that! Will be interesting to see what it's like for a dull game with quiet or non-existent away fans.

Green
Hob Nob Legend

by Green » 14 Aug 2018 09:07

Club 1871 Link is http://www.gofundme.com/Club1871... Every penny will be put back into this initiative which we want to grow organically.

Minus gofundme's fees, presumably.

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 15 Aug 2018 13:55

Club 1871 .

A difficult night for Club 1871 last night. Where do they go from here?

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 15 Aug 2018 14:11

John Smith
Club 1871 .

A difficult night for Club 1871 last night. Where do they go from here?

Because the south stand is fully allocated to away fans for cup games its irrelivant if they dont sell enough to fill it.
But dont let facts get in the way of a good rant .

WoodleyRoyal
Hob Nob Addict
Location: when was the last time you did something for the first time?

by WoodleyRoyal » 15 Aug 2018 15:57

i was under the impression all these 1871 folk are better fans than the rest of us, no?

Greatwesternline
Hob Nob Addict

by Greatwesternline » 15 Aug 2018 16:43

The whining on this thread from those not in favour is astonishing. There is so much passion and relentless effort being put into the complaining, you must be so angry about this.

Which seems odd given that it's just a few people sitting somewhere else in a football ground to where you sit, which was currently not being sat in. Odd.

Not exactly like it's the Israelis displacing the Palestinians out of the promised land following the Sykes-Picot Agreement now is it?

Do you get this upset when a small group of people get on a train and don't sit in the same carriage as you, or if someone on a double decker bus goes upstairs to the empty seats when you are sat downstairs?

2100 posts