Club 1871 - the What, When, Where, How, Who & Why Thread

2100 posts
Old Man Andrews

Re: Club 1871 - the What, When, Where, How, Who & Why Thread

by Old Man Andrews » 25 Sep 2018 10:59

madreadingfan
Old Man Andrews
Haag Royal
Why are you such a sad and bitter person about a group of fans doing what they want to support the club they love?? Club 1871 are doing more to help this club than I guess you've ever done but you still can't find it in yourself to simply let them get on with it without sniping and talking bollocks. Really you should perhaps go out more........

If you can't handle hard facts then you're in the wrong place. Club 1871 have got it badly wrong, accept it.

it's not going badly wrong though... for the first time ever at Madejski, I sung through the whole 90 mins. This has never happened even at the bigger games in Y26. I had a bloody good time and it's encouraging.

Why criticise everything they do whilst really all they are doing is trying to create a better atmosphere? They're not forcing you to move or making you move your seat to accommodate them, Why don't you just let them get on with it? Don't get why so many people are getting so irritated that a group of fans are sitting somewhere else. It's pathetic.

If you're embarrassed by the numbers or noise, like someone put on Twitter - join them and make more noise or just let them enjoy themselves :roll:

I am not irritated, I am just pointing out that 50 people sitting spread out in a large stand isn't what their original remit was. Their numbers have fallen and they are going against everything they stood for. I spoke to the organisers when I was really against it so heard from the horses mouth what their ambition was and they have well and truly failed. The people against what they are doing shouldn't be labelled negative for disliking what they are doing, it is just opinion.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 25 Sep 2018 11:00

Kulshaw72RFC
madreadingfan
Old Man Andrews
If you can't handle hard facts then you're in the wrong place. Club 1871 have got it badly wrong, accept it.

it's not going badly wrong though... for the first time ever at Madejski, I sung through the whole 90 mins. This has never happened even at the bigger games in Y26. I had a bloody good time and it's encouraging.

Why criticise everything they do whilst really all they are doing is trying to create a better atmosphere? They're not forcing you to move or making you move your seat to accommodate them, Why don't you just let them get on with it? Don't get why so many people are getting so irritated that a group of fans are sitting somewhere else. It's pathetic.

If you're embarrassed by the numbers or noise, like someone put on Twitter - join them and make more noise or just let them enjoy themselves :roll:

Agreed. If You don't like it then don't comment.

Yep thats definitely how life works. Tool.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 25 Sep 2018 13:21

John Smith
Snowflake Royal There's a few points to make here.

Firstly, you guys need to understand that regardless of your views you don't get a say in when the South Stand experiment ends. The people in it and the club are the only ones that do.

That's the biggest issue. Why should this select group of frauds be favoured as supporters over people like me? i.e. a real supporter

I'm sorry you have a need to feel like a superior supporter to others. I'm also sorry that C1871 makes you feel like an inferior supporter.

Sitting in the South doesn't make any of us special. I don't think anyone has claimed it does. We don't tell you where to sit and how to behave, so I'm confused why you think you have a right to tell us where we can sit and behave.. I guess it's something to do with the massive chip on your shoulder you have about your superiority complex being damaged by us.
Snowflake Royal C1871 is here for at the veey least half a season, or until it's attendance is regularly in double figures only, like it or loathe it. Do you may as well stop wasting your breath saying it's a failed experiment that's over.

It may or may not be failed, time will tell. But it's not over.

What on earth does that mean? It doesn't make sense. You are well and truly losing the plot - a real shame because like I said on another thread where you descended into drivel, you normally post sense. What's happening to you?[/quote]
It means what it says, no matter what you say we're not going anywhere for the short term. Whether the experiment is a failure or not, it isn't over.

I should be clear, I'm only expressing my view. I've moved to the South, but I in no way represent C1871. I just approve of them and prefer sitting with them.

Don't Panic

by Don't Panic » 25 Sep 2018 13:35

Benefits to supporters of being in Club 1871 as I see it:

1) Increased singing and participation in chants
2) Less queuing in the concourse
3) Being part of something trying to make a positive difference
4) Increased visibility with players

Negatives of being in Club 1871:

1) Having to move seat from current position
2) Risk of being of a failed attempt to make a positive difference
3) Chants more spread out and less co-ordinated

Benefits to Club of Club of 1871:

1) Increased revenue from home fans in concourse
2) Seen to be reacting positively to fan lead initiatives

Negatives to Club of Club 1871:

1) Potential revenue loss for high demand games from away fans

There are probably others which I've missed.

Whichever side of the fence you are on, I think you have to weigh these up and decide which is right for you.

Theroyalbox
Hob Nob Regular

by Theroyalbox » 25 Sep 2018 14:04

Just a bit disappointed with the fact you weren't supposed to sing directly at away fans, 20 people singing shall we sing a song for you is just embarrassing for the rest of us.

Keep it up! GImps.

hughsies no.1

by hughsies no.1 » 25 Sep 2018 14:11

Anyone anti what C1871 is trying to achieve need to have a word with themselves as everyone wants a better atmosphere at the stadium. Fair play for them giving it a go and lets see if it helps.

Having been a STH for years I can honestly say the best atmospheres in the stadium have been when the away end is full and there is a good bit of 'back and forth' between the two sets of supporters - which is why I do think it would be a shame if the likes of Villa / Leeds et al don't get the full end. This of course does not help when the likes of Rotherham / Wigan visit.

From the Club POV - surely if attendances keep dwindling, hospitality down etc there will be a need for them to weigh up whether financially it makes sense to not have a full away end?

Kulshaw72RFC

by Kulshaw72RFC » 25 Sep 2018 16:45

I do like what C1871 are trying to do, I just do think it seems a little forced. I mean it was only the back end of one of our worst ever seasons in memory it started. So there is obviously the agenda there that they are trying to gee up the team. It seems the majority of fans have a negative view of C1871 however.

I do think that at the moment (emphasizing at this moment) there is no point. 100 odd fans who do forced singing etc does not seen the most constructive way of using a stand.

I think that using a stand for the "big" teams away where they would likely fill up (aston villa/swansea/boro/west brom etc) where they would naturally raise the noise and atmousohere and play a good game, plus a good team performance would just make the team and crowd perform better

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 25 Sep 2018 17:12

hughsies no.1 Anyone anti what C1871 is trying to achieve need to have a word with themselves as everyone wants a better atmosphere at the stadium. Fair play for them giving it a go and lets see if it helps.

Having been a STH for years I can honestly say the best atmospheres in the stadium have been when the away end is full and there is a good bit of 'back and forth' between the two sets of supporters - which is why I do think it would be a shame if the likes of Villa / Leeds et al don't get the full end. This of course does not help when the likes of Rotherham / Wigan visit.

From the Club POV - surely if attendances keep dwindling, hospitality down etc there will be a need for them to weigh up whether financially it makes sense to not have a full away end?

Part of the problem we now have is that the East Stand is very quiet. So we have transferred some of the noise from the East Stand to the South Stand. Not sure it’s really improving the atmosphere as a result. I did think it helped at the back end of last season though so I would not say the experiment has failed. However unless South Stand numbers grow considerably I don’t see the need to carry on with this.

Either way the club will have a decision to make when those clubs with large travelling support come to town.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 25 Sep 2018 21:31

Zip
hughsies no.1 Anyone anti what C1871 is trying to achieve need to have a word with themselves as everyone wants a better atmosphere at the stadium. Fair play for them giving it a go and lets see if it helps.

Part of the problem we now have is that the East Stand is very quiet. So we have transferred some of the noise from the East Stand to the South Stand. Not sure it’s really improving the atmosphere as a result. I did think it helped at the back end of last season though so I would not say the experiment has failed. However unless South Stand numbers grow considerably I don’t see the need to carry on with this.

Either way the club will have a decision to make when those clubs with large travelling support come to town.

They've made their decision by selling season tickets in the South Stand.

Clearly, if we play better and get more decent results, and numbers and noise still don't pick up, it's not worked and won't happen again next season. But I can't get past that having experienced sitting / standing in all of our stands, and across the entire East Stand, the atmosphere and enjoyment for me are superior in the South given equal performances, and with far fewer people. Although there aren't currently enough in the South for it to really work. But there has been.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 25 Sep 2018 22:06

Snowflake Royal
Zip

Clearly, if we play better and get more decent results, and numbers and noise still don't pick up, it's not worked and won't happen again next season. But I can't get past that having experienced sitting / standing in all of our stands, and across the entire East Stand, the atmosphere and enjoyment for me are superior in the South given equal performances, and with far fewer people. Although there aren't currently enough in the South for it to really work. But there has been.

Why do you think more fans are not transferring to the South Stand? Awkwardness?

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 26 Sep 2018 07:23

Zip
Snowflake Royal
Zip

Why do you think more fans are not transferring to the South Stand? Awkwardness?

Performances had been so shit people just aren't going. We've lost something like 4-5000 regular attendees in the last season or two.

With performances so shit there's nothing to cheer about so people who are still going don't move.

A run of good results will see everyone happier and louder. People return to the ground and more people give it a go.

Kulshaw72RFC

by Kulshaw72RFC » 26 Sep 2018 07:53

Are there a lot of C1871 members on here?
If so, what made you decide to join? Do you prefer it to your normal position/matchday experiance?

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 26 Sep 2018 08:02

Snowflake Royal
Zip
Snowflake Royal They've made their decision by selling season tickets in the South Stand.

With performances so shit there's nothing to cheer about so people who are still going don't move.

That was their whole intention when they came to be. They were there to sing and create a positive atmosphere "no matter what". They have failed to live up to that promise. They shouldn't need the team to be doing well.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 26 Sep 2018 09:34

Club 1871 We'll give it verbal hell for leather for the full 90.

26-10-06

by 26-10-06 » 26 Sep 2018 09:54

Kulshaw72RFC Are there a lot of C1871 members on here?
If so, what made you decide to join? Do you prefer it to your normal position/matchday experiance?

Was up for trying something different, so I did. And so glad I did. Was a season ticket holder in Y25 and the atmosphere was flat. People more interested in checking their phones for other scores and results than they were supporting the team. When there was any atmosphere it was just the usual rubbish sang at every home game.

Whilst there might not be a load of us in the south stand, the % who sing and have a good time is loads better than that in Y25/Y26. My match day experience is so much better, have a laugh, a good sing song and the view of the game is 10x better from behind the goal than in Y25/Y26.

Suspect if we were playing well an averaging 17,000+ then we would be on course for about 600 in there every game - that would make a huge difference.

Like it or not, come and try it for one game. If you don't like it, then what have you lost?

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 26 Sep 2018 10:16

Snowflake Royal no matter what you say we're not going anywhere for the short term. Whether the experiment is a failure or not, it isn't over.

I should be clear, I'm only expressing my view. I've moved to the South, but I in no way represent C1871. I just approve of them and prefer sitting with them.

I don't I need to say anything actually.

Club 1871 have got to go.

They go.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 26 Sep 2018 10:24

26-10-06 Suspect if we were playing well an averaging 17,000+ then we would be on course for about 600 in there every game - that would make a huge difference.

I think this is the crux. We've hit a real low ebb on the pitch, and the ground is only half full.

Should we get another couple more Hull performances/results in the next month or so, we should be back up about 15-16k and I suspect the Club1871 group will be a lot bigger and noisier. I'd like to see how it worked if we had 20k in the ground

Theroyalbox
Hob Nob Regular

by Theroyalbox » 26 Sep 2018 10:27

26-10-06
Kulshaw72RFC Are there a lot of C1871 members on here?

Was up for trying something different, so I did. And so glad I did. Was a season ticket holder in Y25 and the atmosphere was flat. People more interested in checking their phones for other scores and results than they were supporting the team. When there was any atmosphere it was just the usual rubbish sang at every home game.

Whilst there might not be a load of us in the south stand, the % who sing and have a good time is loads better than that in Y25/Y26. My match day experience is so much better, have a laugh, a good sing song and the view of the game is 10x better from behind the goal than in Y25/Y26.

Suspect if we were playing well an averaging 17,000+ then we would be on course for about 600 in there every game - that would make a huge difference.

Like it or not, come and try it for one game. If you don't like it, then what have you lost?

My dignity and most probably my anal virginity looking at the state of some of the people in there.

Kulshaw72RFC

by Kulshaw72RFC » 26 Sep 2018 10:28

Hound
26-10-06 Suspect if we were playing well an averaging 17,000+ then we would be on course for about 600 in there every game - that would make a huge difference.

I think this is the crux. We've hit a real low ebb on the pitch, and the ground is only half full.

Should we get another couple more Hull performances/results in the next month or so, we should be back up about 15-16k and I suspect the Club1871 group will be a lot bigger and noisier. I'd like to see how it worked if we had 20k in the ground

Totally agreed.

Imagine if we had it in 106 season. It would be incredible.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 26 Sep 2018 10:29

Have to agree with John. I was against it at first but when I spoke to the organisers they changed my opinion. Sadly the whole thing is doomed and they should just quietly put a stop to it before any further embarassment to the club is caused. We play Millwall at home in a few weeks time, can you imagine it??? Got to go.

2100 posts