Club 1871 - the What, When, Where, How, Who & Why Thread

2100 posts
Old Man Andrews

Re: Club 1871 - the What, When, Where, How, Who & Why Thread

by Old Man Andrews » 19 Oct 2018 20:28

Kulshaw72RFC
Kingsley Junior
Kulshaw72RFC
This is the reason I am not going. I am not going to compromise my safety due to the lack of action from the Club, the lack of care of our own health & safety officers, and the most important factor, it seems that Club 1871 are not prepared to back down even though a team which has a history of violence and hooligan behaviour are going to be sitting feet away from them. Also, if there are going to be more police at the game because of this, then what about the streets of Reading? With police cuts at an all time high and police numbers an all time low, and the force being stretched, is this a wise move?

Additionally, we are missing out on a substantial amount of increased revenue, with ticket sales, sale of beer and pies (which we know Millwall fans would spent at last £20 per head on each) that we are missing out on. We can do with all the income we can get, especially as relegation seems to be looming large.

I hope to god we do not win by much and Club 1871 start goading the Millwall fans. It can only end badly.

So you're both worried about the safety of Reading fans because of proximity to some historically lairy fans/concerned about lack of police resource, and yet also lamenting the loss of revenue from not inviting double the number of these allegedly troublesome fans to fill the South Stand?

:roll:

My main concern is that because the Millwall supporters are a few baguettes short of a picnic and are not the sharpest tools in the tool box, they might think that C1871 are goading them if we go a few goals up. My fear is that C1871 are trying to raise atmousphere but get too rowdy. I am sure that others have thought about it too?

I'm just shocked that the club haven't put a stop to them for this one game or C1871 have not back down. It is almost as if the real people who are running our club are a select few in the South Stand or on Twitter and they are running roughshod and egos have become more important then safety. I am sure OMA agrees with me and others too. I think the Millwall fans would be fine if they had the whole stand tbh.

Our supporters safety is key. There will be trouble makers in Club 1871 specifically for tomorrow's game, they will start on the Millwall lot and all hell will break loose.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 19 Oct 2018 22:44

I thought you'd decided to behave yourself dd? Or are you restricting the fake twattery to Club1871?

Kulshaw72RFC

by Kulshaw72RFC » 19 Oct 2018 23:56

Not at all Ian. I like the concept of it and commend Those who have partaken in it and trying something different, I just honestly hope everybody is safe tomorrow thats all.

Elm Park Kid
Hob Nob Regular

by Elm Park Kid » 20 Oct 2018 17:17

So - after all the scaremongering was there actually any trouble at the ground?

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 20 Oct 2018 17:26

Between the East and the Away end. Haven't seen Millwall fans that upset since Tommy Robinson got banged up.

madstadblues

by madstadblues » 20 Oct 2018 18:53

OMA and Kulshaw72RFC, could I politely suggest you get a breathaliser attached to your computer keyboard as I can only assume that due to the drivel you write you have been consuming vast quantities of alchohol prior to posting. Thank you for your interest in my safety today, I couldn't give a s**t what happens to you!

Old Man Andrews
Kulshaw72RFC Surprised that the club and health & safety officers have not made any adjustments for the visit of Millwall tomorrow. I hope the safety of our fans is not compromised as a result.

It is going to be a complete mess, the club aren't prepared, Club 1871 aren't prepared and there won't be nearly enough stewards and police to protect them. Could be a bloodbath.

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 20 Oct 2018 19:01

Thought they were incredible today. It sounded like the Kop met La Bombonera. If you'd have blind folded me I would have sworn I was at a Riverplate/Boca derby game.

Club1871 keep it up! Certainly put OMA's dissent to bed.
Last edited by Jagermesiter1871 on 20 Oct 2018 19:03, edited 1 time in total.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 20 Oct 2018 19:02

:lol:

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 20 Oct 2018 19:32

Club 1871 were extremely poor today, intimidated by Millwall from start to finish. There wasn't a single noise from them and they know it full well. Their vanity project has hit a new low.

3points
Hob Nob Regular

by 3points » 20 Oct 2018 19:48

Yes awful performance (or lack of) today from Club 1871. Spent most of the time with their arms folded. More noise coming out of the ED today led by the drummer. Better effort from Y26/Y25 today though, especially the Yakou Meite chants

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 20 Oct 2018 19:50

madstadblues OMA and Kulshaw72RFC, could I politely suggest you get a breathaliser attached to your computer keyboard as I can only assume that due to the drivel you write you have been consuming vast quantities of alchohol prior to posting. Thank you for your interest in my safety today, I couldn't give a s**t what happens to you!

Old Man Andrews
Kulshaw72RFC Surprised that the club and health & safety officers have not made any adjustments for the visit of Millwall tomorrow. I hope the safety of our fans is not compromised as a result.

It is going to be a complete mess, the club aren't prepared, Club 1871 aren't prepared and there won't be nearly enough stewards and police to protect them. Could be a bloodbath.

Of course you don't care about anyone but yourself, that's exactly what the remit of Club 1871 is! In it for yourselves and to get attention.

You're way less of a man than us, your vanity project has failed miserably today.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 20 Oct 2018 19:51

3points Yes awful performance (or lack of) today from Club 1871. Spent most of the time with their arms folded. More noise coming out of the ED today led by the drummer. Better effort from Y26/Y25 today though, especially the Yakou Meite chants

Well said. 100% agree.

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 20 Oct 2018 21:52

Old Man Andrews Club 1871 were extremely poor today, intimidated by Millwall from start to finish. There wasn't a single noise from them and they know it full well. Their vanity project has hit a new low.

Completely disagree. Thought they were outstanding today and were part of a ferocious atmosphere. Helped motivate the players and get them across the line and take the 3 points with real grit. #fortressMadejski.

It's clear that you are biased against the project and even performances like today won't sway you. Blind ignorance.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 20 Oct 2018 22:03

Jagermesiter1871
Old Man Andrews Club 1871 were extremely poor today, intimidated by Millwall from start to finish. There wasn't a single noise from them and they know it full well. Their vanity project has hit a new low.

Completely disagree. Thought they were outstanding today and were part of a ferocious atmosphere. Helped motivate the players and get them across the line and take the 3 points with real grit. #fortressMadejski.

It's clear that you are biased against the project and even performances like today won't sway you. Blind ignorance.

Really? It must be blind ignorance on my part too because I can’t recall a single chart from the 1871 fans. I finally heard the East Stand burst into life with the Yakou Meite chants but thought our South Stand support was very quiet.

Elm Park Kid
Hob Nob Regular

by Elm Park Kid » 20 Oct 2018 23:07

I'm so glad to hear that the savage Millwall hardcore weren't riled into anger by the mighty club 1871's 'wall of sound'.

The club are really playing with fire when they give our most furious supporters a free reign to antagonise such a volatile fan base.

I thank baby Jesus that everyone made it home safely.

madstadblues

by madstadblues » 20 Oct 2018 23:16

All good points gents but you're confusing me with someone who gives 2 scooby's as to what you think.

I'm out of this thread, I have my season ticket in the South Stand for this season and don't plan on changing and will take great pleasure whatever the result in the fact that it annoys you : ) I may even choose not to sing, sit down and drink coffee.

muirinho
Hob Nob Regular

by muirinho » 20 Oct 2018 23:47

madstadblues All good points gents but you're confusing me with someone who gives 2 scooby's as to what you think.

I'm out of this thread, I have my season ticket in the South Stand for this season and don't plan on changing and will take great pleasure whatever the result in the fact that it annoys you : ) I may even choose not to sing, sit down and drink coffee.

I'm almost tempted to join you, just to piss off the idiots.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 21 Oct 2018 00:13

muirinho
madstadblues All good points gents but you're confusing me with someone who gives 2 scooby's as to what you think.

I'm almost tempted to join you, just to piss off the idiots.

I think you are too much of a wet blanket for them. That's really saying something....

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 21 Oct 2018 07:52

Good man, I sit down and drink coffee at games too. You shouldn't be part of Club 1871's failure.

Kulshaw72RFC

by Kulshaw72RFC » 21 Oct 2018 08:45

Did we ever establish the "What, When, Where, How, Who & Why", as the title suggests?

2100 posts