Club 1871 - the What, When, Where, How, Who & Why Thread

2100 posts
Kulshaw72RFC

Re: Club 1871 - the What, When, Where, How, Who & Why Thread

by Kulshaw72RFC » 22 Oct 2018 19:19

Snowflake Royal
Kulshaw72RFC I want to hear from the organisers from last year on what they think the high points and low points have been, and their honest opinion on it, What do they think has gone well or badly? Do they think they should carry or on not? What would they do differently? Where are they and who even are they? They are like our owners..... ever elusive.

We all want answers from the horses mouth!

Why don't you grow up and contact them politely then, rather than tantruming about it on here. Thwy don't owe HNA anything, and they're not accountable to you or anyone else on here, so why don't you pack in the childishness.

Okay.

Theroyalbox
Hob Nob Regular

by Theroyalbox » 23 Oct 2018 09:51

Snowflake Royal
Old Man Andrews
Kulshaw72RFC I want to hear from the organisers from last year on what they think the high points and low points have been, and their honest opinion on it, What do they think has gone well or badly? Do they think they should carry or on not? What would they do differently? Where are they and who even are they? They are like our owners..... ever elusive.

We all want answers from the horses mouth!

Pretty sure Ian has something to do with the organisation of it. He is way too passionate about it and far too defensive not to be.

Swing and a miss as usual. I vaguely know one person involved to some extent, not sure how much. I just enjoy telling you you're a fool.

Perhaps you could give us the name of the person you know, so we can ask him how he thinks its going?

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 23 Oct 2018 09:53

Theroyalbox
Snowflake Royal
Old Man Andrews
Pretty sure Ian has something to do with the organisation of it. He is way too passionate about it and far too defensive not to be.

Swing and a miss as usual. I vaguely know one person involved to some extent, not sure how much. I just enjoy telling you you're a fool.

Perhaps you could give us the name of the person you know, so we can ask him how he thinks its going?

The guy behind it is Sam Stevenson. I am pretty certain Ian is one of his leftenants though.

Kulshaw72RFC

by Kulshaw72RFC » 23 Oct 2018 10:24

Old Man Andrews
Theroyalbox
Snowflake Royal Swing and a miss as usual. I vaguely know one person involved to some extent, not sure how much. I just enjoy telling you you're a fool.

The guy behind it is Sam Stevenson. I am pretty certain Ian is one of his leftenants though.

I know him. I used to work with his brother H.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 23 Oct 2018 10:36

Kulshaw72RFC
Old Man Andrews
Theroyalbox

The guy from Steps?

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 23 Oct 2018 10:38

Pepe the Horseman
Kulshaw72RFC
Old Man Andrews The guy behind it is Sam Stevenson. I am pretty certain Ian is one of his leftenants though.

The guy from Steps?

Yes DD is Lee Latchford Evans.

Kulshaw72RFC

by Kulshaw72RFC » 23 Oct 2018 10:49

Old Man Andrews
Pepe the Horseman
Kulshaw72RFC

The guy from Steps?

Yes DD is Lee Latchford Evans.

He is married to somebody with two first names. Kerry-Lucy Taylor. So she is probably the only person in the world to have a double-double barrel name

Whose parents are thick and indecisive enough to double barrel the first part of your name.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 23 Oct 2018 13:36

Theroyalbox
Snowflake Royal
Old Man Andrews

I could. I'm not going to, but I could. As I said, I don't know how involved he is.

You want to talk to them, look 'em up yourself. They seem to be identifiable on social media from OMA's bleating.

I've no idea who the guy OMA has named is. Don't much care, although I'm grateful and appreciative if he is one of the organisers... good on him.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 23 Oct 2018 13:42

Snowflake Royal
Theroyalbox
Snowflake Royal Swing and a miss as usual. I vaguely know one person involved to some extent, not sure how much. I just enjoy telling you you're a fool.

I could. I'm not going to, but I could. As I said, I don't know how involved he is.

You want to talk to them, look 'em up yourself. They seem to be identifiable on social media from OMA's bleating.

I've no idea who the guy OMA has named is. Don't much care, although I'm grateful and appreciative if he is one of the organisers... good on him.

He is the organiser of the whole thing, you know that Ian so just admit it and take some sort of responsibility for being behind the project somewhat. You clearly have your hand in it so just own it, man up a bit.

Elm Park Kid
Hob Nob Regular

by Elm Park Kid » 23 Oct 2018 13:50

Does any sensible person think that the Club 1871 project wasn't worth at least trying?

I mean, it reflected a lot of the things that many of us call for - more passion, trying to build an atmosphere, safe standing (unofficially). Whether it has worked out - or will work out in the future - I say that it was a brave attempt and we probably need more thinking this this.

That's not to say I won't lightly take the p*ss now and again :D But it's done with love!

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 23 Oct 2018 13:54

Elm Park Kid Does any sensible person think that the Club 1871 project wasn't worth at least trying?

They have tried it, nobody was against that. They tried and it failed. Time to let it die.

muirinho
Hob Nob Regular

by muirinho » 23 Oct 2018 14:10

Old Man Andrews
Elm Park Kid Does any sensible person think that the Club 1871 project wasn't worth at least trying?

They have tried it, nobody was against that. They tried and it failed. Time to let it die.

You were against it.
You posted absolutely poisonous garbage about it and about its backers when it was first organised, so bad that an entire thread was deleted.

Then you were posing as the "concerned friend" - the Iago type of concerned friend, that is.

You have been such a slimy sneery hypocrite about this whole thing, I want it to continue for an eternity, just to piss you off.

jar95

by jar95 » 23 Oct 2018 14:17

muirinho
Old Man Andrews

You were against it.
You posted absolutely poisonous garbage about it and about its backers when it was first organised, so bad that an entire thread was deleted.

Then you were posing as the "concerned friend" - the Iago type of concerned friend, that is.

You have been such a slimy sneery hypocrite about this whole thing, I want it to continue for an eternity, just to piss you off.

+100000000000.

OMA was so against it, it was unreal. Then he back tracked after apparently speaking to one of the organisers.

Theroyalbox
Hob Nob Regular

by Theroyalbox » 23 Oct 2018 14:18

muirinho
Old Man Andrews

You were against it.

Get the feeling this guy doesn't like OMA.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 23 Oct 2018 14:20

jar95
muirinho
Old Man Andrews

You were against it.

+100000000000.

OMA was so against it, it was unreal. Then he back tracked after apparently speaking to one of the organisers.

Exactly. I spoke to someone I disagreed with and then gave the project a chance, it is what adults do. Please try it when you feel you can.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 23 Oct 2018 14:21

Theroyalbox
muirinho
Old Man Andrews

You were against it.

Get the feeling this guy doesn't like OMA.

He is an absolute wet blanket. He is the same person who tried to start a Twitter campaign to stop chanting with swearwords in it.

Failure.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 23 Oct 2018 14:56

So let me get this straight people are worried closing half the South Stand to away fans is losing us cash despite the fact that only Wednesday sold their allocation (and 10% of those didn't show up)

Derby - 1947 (went to pay on the day)
Sheff Weds - 1933 (apparently sold out their 2200 allocation but not all showed)
Millwall - 1831
QPR - 1400
Norwich - 919
Bolton - 856
Hull - 537

Club 1871 is trying to do something and should continue for as long as those involved wish to do so, as it doesn't do anyone any harm and isn't truly affecting the clubs coffers. It took a long time for a similar scheme at Watford to get off the ground and that has been finally embraced by fans and the atmosphere there has improved markedly. The numbers for Club 1871 should grow in line with attendances, we have about 12000 showing up at the mo (home fans), if this shoots up to say 16k home fans regularly again and the numbers in the stand don't rise accordingly then then that is the time to question if it is appealing to Reading fans.

Hitting them with a shitty stick when the entire ground is just a bit shitty at the mo, is all pretty pointless and web based point scoring.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 23 Oct 2018 15:06

genome Some basic rushed numbers that are probably completely wrong because it's Monday morning, but whatever

2,175 (half the south stand capacity) x £20 we charge for away tickets = £43,500 per game x 23 home games = £1,000,500 lost over the course of the season IF every away team sell out the South Stand. Not every team will, so it'll probably be around half that number (if that), minus £9085 for around 300 Club 1871 season tickets (or however many there were).

So I think it'll lose the club about £400,000 to £500,000, but it's hard to say.

As mentioned in my other post, 1 from 7 have sold out the 2200 they get currently and only 1900 of them actually attended. Of those 4, 2 are London clubs who you might expect to take a larger allocation for a short trip. For even half the league to take 4400 tickets, that would means that 12 of the final 16 home games would see clubs want to bring 4k fans. As our home games include Rotherham, Blackburn, Wigan and Brentford who don't travel in big numbers, you would be looking at the remaining clubs all bringing 4000.

Not going to happen.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 23 Oct 2018 15:17

Stranded
genome Some basic rushed numbers that are probably completely wrong because it's Monday morning, but whatever

2,175 (half the south stand capacity) x £20 we charge for away tickets = £43,500 per game x 23 home games = £1,000,500 lost over the course of the season IF every away team sell out the South Stand. Not every team will, so it'll probably be around half that number (if that), minus £9085 for around 300 Club 1871 season tickets (or however many there were).

So I think it'll lose the club about £400,000 to £500,000, but it's hard to say.

As mentioned in my other post, 1 from 7 have sold out the 2200 they get currently and only 1900 of them actually attended. Of those 4, 2 are London clubs who you might expect to take a larger allocation for a short trip. For even half the league to take 4400 tickets, that would means that 12 of the final 16 home games would see clubs want to bring 4k fans. As our home games include Rotherham, Blackburn, Wigan and Brentford who don't travel in big numbers, you would be looking at the remaining clubs all bringing 4000.

Not going to happen.

genome (if that)

Bristol City, Leeds, Aston Villa usually take 4k to us, I think? Then you usually get Sheffield Wednesday, West Brom and Brentford pushing that but not quite selling out (but definitely a good 3k+). Stoke, perhaps. Sheffield United and Forest are also good shouts if they are still flying high when we play them at home.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 23 Oct 2018 15:36

genome
Stranded

Not going to happen.

genome (if that)

Bristol City, Leeds, Aston Villa usually take 4k to us, I think? Then you usually get Sheffield Wednesday, West Brom and Brentford pushing that but not quite selling out (but definitely a good 3k+). Stoke, perhaps. Sheffield United and Forest are also good shouts if they are still flying high when we play them at home.

Of those clubs we played last season only Leeds and Bristol brought over 3k (3470 & 3400 respectively) so neither totally sold out.

Brentford were the only other side to break 2200 with 2800, so comfortable that 2200 really is fine for them. Forest only brought 1300 and Sheff Utd 730, so unless they are still going well when we play them then neither really need more than 2200.

Leeds is also a Tuesday which may effect attendances esp if they fall away again as they are showing signs of doing (incredibly the Leeds game is the only scheduled midweek home game left this season).

I don't see why we should be looking to leave that part of the ground empty because some clubs might want to bring more fans but no guarantee that they will. Someone at the club will have done the sums here and figured that this is the best use of that part of the ground and is preferable to leaving it shut for 16 or 17 games a season.

2100 posts