Club 1871 - the What, When, Where, How, Who & Why Thread

2100 posts
paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: Club 1871 - the What, When, Where, How, Who & Why Thread

by paultheroyal » 13 Nov 2018 14:26

Kulshaw72RFC I might purchase a 1/2 season ticket there if they are selling them. It would be good to join in the atmousphere

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 13 Nov 2018 18:40

Hendo Selling 1/2 season tickets in the area, so I guess they are here to stay.

I am for it FTR. Me and my uncle were discussing it on Saturday and we came to the conclusion that while it is a great imitative and I want it to succeed, it isn't for us.

1) he is nearing 60 and doesn't want to stand for the whole game & I don't want to move my position in the ground away from him & 2) we don't really like being behind the goal, much prefer to be on the side.

Behind the goal is a real downside for me, you basically can't see any detail about what happens at the other end of the pitch. I'd much prefer it about Y23/4 but. there are people there already and it's not fair to displace them / disrupt them. And despite what OMA thinks is funny, I'm not in involved in the organising.

Kulshaw72RFC

by Kulshaw72RFC » 14 Nov 2018 09:41

Snowflake Royal

I am for it FTR. Me and my uncle were discussing it on Saturday and we came to the conclusion that while it is a great imitative and I want it to succeed, it isn't for us.

1) he is nearing 60 and doesn't want to stand for the whole game & I don't want to move my position in the ground away from him & 2) we don't really like being behind the goal, much prefer to be on the side.

Behind the goal is a real downside for me, you basically can't see any detail about what happens at the other end of the pitch. I'd much prefer it about Y23/4 but. there are people there already and it's not fair to displace them / disrupt them. And despite what OMA thinks is funny, I'm not in involved in the organising.

If I get a 1/2 st, what is the best area in south to get it?

Vision
Hob Nob Addict

by Vision » 14 Nov 2018 09:53

Kulshaw72RFC
Snowflake Royal

The stand to the right as you're looking at the pitch.

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 14 Nov 2018 14:17

John Smith What a sad, sad time it is for my club
You must be new around here.
Help yourself to a rumblestick or two, help pass a grey dirty dishrag around the East Stand whilst backing the boys and making some noise and then when your done sit back and watch this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_rp3toJ9cAQ

Then and only then can you judge exactly where this thread sits on the embarrassment scale.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 14 Nov 2018 18:02

Kulshaw72RFC
Snowflake Royal

I see you haven't taken my genuinely offered and well intentioned good advice, and are instead continuing to try to play daft games on here.

It's unreserved, but no where near me would be preferable.

Kulshaw72RFC

by Kulshaw72RFC » 14 Nov 2018 18:49

Snowflake Royal
Kulshaw72RFC
Snowflake Royal Behind the goal is a real downside for me, you basically can't see any detail about what happens at the other end of the pitch. I'd much prefer it about Y23/4 but. there are people there already and it's not fair to displace them / disrupt them. And despite what OMA thinks is funny, I'm not in involved in the organising.

I see you haven't taken my genuinely offered and well intentioned good advice, and are instead continuing to try to play daft games on here.

It's unreserved, but no where near me would be preferable.

Im not playing games at all mate. I took your advice and it was very kind.

I do not have a season ticket so was wondering maybe as a present I should treat myself to one. I do not know what you look like so if I do get one and sit by you by mistake I apologise. I have black hair, a big scar on the side of my face and big ears. I am 5 ft 7 and of muscular-ish build .

Kulshaw72RFC

by Kulshaw72RFC » 21 Nov 2018 05:56

Now that Gormless has gone and we will see a major shake up in the club, does club 1871 also go?

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 21 Nov 2018 12:44

Kulshaw72RFC Now that Gormless has gone and we will see a major shake up in the club, does club 1871 also go?

Good point. He approved them and now they are going to be in real trouble going forward. I bet Ian and his boys are writing letters to the club begging for a stay of execution.

Orion

by Orion » 21 Nov 2018 13:03

The @club1871 Twitter account has started getting into arguments now. Not really acceptable.

Theroyalbox
Hob Nob Regular

by Theroyalbox » 21 Nov 2018 13:05

Kulshaw72RFC Now that Gormless has gone and we will see a major shake up in the club, does club 1871 also go?

Very good point. Didn't know you had it in you. I suspect his promises will be maintained as the fans may well be upset if they are rightly moved, but where do you move them too, there old season ticket spaces may well have been taken.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 21 Nov 2018 13:10

Orion The @club1871 Twitter account has started getting into arguments now. Not really acceptable.

Please go away, we all know who you are.

Orion

by Orion » 21 Nov 2018 13:35

Forbury Lion
John Smith What a sad, sad time it is for my club
You must be new around here.
Help yourself to a rumblestick or two, help pass a grey dirty dishrag around the East Stand whilst backing the boys and making some noise and then when your done sit back and watch this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_rp3toJ9cAQ

Then and only then can you judge exactly where this thread sits on the embarrassment scale.

The pardew rumblestix thing was as bad a it got imo. Closely followed by the clappers and megaphone.

I think Club 1871 were well intentioned but it's just the demographic that's wrong.

Kulshaw72RFC

by Kulshaw72RFC » 21 Nov 2018 13:48

Old Man Andrews
Orion The @club1871 Twitter account has started getting into arguments now. Not really acceptable.

Is it a club1871 member trying go infiltrate?

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 21 Nov 2018 13:55

Kulshaw72RFC
Old Man Andrews

Is it a club1871 member trying go infiltrate?

No its either one of those cnuts who keep trying to come back. At least you had the decency to admit who you were.

Kulshaw72RFC

by Kulshaw72RFC » 21 Nov 2018 16:36

Old Man Andrews

Yeah, pfuck off Double D you helmet.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 21 Nov 2018 21:40

THat lasted a long time DD. :roll:

Kulshaw72RFC

by Kulshaw72RFC » 22 Nov 2018 05:32

Snowflake Royal

What's so wrong with my question? Others agreed with me and said it was a good point.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 22 Nov 2018 08:10

Kulshaw72RFC
Snowflake Royal

What's so wrong with my question? Others agreed with me and said it was a good point.

It is a great point which Ian is clearly afraid of fronting up.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 22 Nov 2018 10:12

Again, seeing as they are selling half season tickets there, this is here to stay until May at the earliest.

I suggest a focusing your irritations on other ventures for the time being.

2100 posts