Club 1871 - the What, When, Where, How, Who & Why Thread

2100 posts
Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Club 1871 - the What, When, Where, How, Who & Why Thread

by Snowflake Royal » 21 Aug 2018 07:41

South stand was disappointing against Bolton, but it did still improve the atmosphere compared to what it's like without them.

It might not have lasted all game or entirely met the organisers objectives, but it dramatically out performed every other section of Reading fans.

How about those who think it's a waste of time and don't want it prove it wrong in the only relevant way by getting their section of the ground to sing louder and longer?

Until you can do better, maybe stick a sock in it and do one rather than constantly trying to undermine it without doing anything yourself.

biff

by biff » 21 Aug 2018 13:30

Snowflake by name...

The singing section has been decimated by people moving ad hoc to the south stand. Hence the lack of noise from the traditionally noisy y26. You dont need a spreadsheet to see that.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 21 Aug 2018 18:20

biff Snowflake by name...

The singing section has been decimated by people moving ad hoc to the south stand. Hence the lack of noise from the traditionally noisy y26. You dont need a spreadsheet to see that.
I used to sit in Y26, we regulalry sang less than the South stand did on Saturday.

You think if people aren't singing enough in the South they'll sing more in Y26? :lol:

There were plenty of you there to make a noise on Saturday. Barely heard a peep.

biff

by biff » 21 Aug 2018 23:04

Snowflake Royal

I used to sit in Y26, we regulalry sang less than the South stand did on Saturday.

You think if people aren't singing enough in the South they'll sing more in Y26? :lol:

There were plenty of you there to make a noise on Saturday. Barely heard a peep.

Re-read what I said.

The noise would be cumulatively greater if we all sat together in y26 as per tradition, instead of the diet Palace vanity project taking a few hundred vocal fans from the area where atmosphere has traditionally been fostered.

Noise =/= atmosphere. Yes the players aren't helping. But gallows humour and off the cuff wit are organic and 100% will never be fostered by 500 teenagers, a loud haler and a drum.

As an aside, "You think if people aren't singing enough in the South they'll sing more in Y26? :lol:" They did, yes. And not any more. It's just 2 insipid sections of shite instead of one passionate corner.

Did you put some money into a flag or something?

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 21 Aug 2018 23:52

biff
Snowflake Royal

Re-read what I said.

The noise would be cumulatively greater if we all sat together in y26 as per tradition, instead of the diet Palace vanity project taking a few hundred vocal fans from the area where atmosphere has traditionally been fostered.

Noise =/= atmosphere. Yes the players aren't helping. But gallows humour and off the cuff wit are organic and 100% will never be fostered by 500 teenagers, a loud haler and a drum.

As an aside, "You think if people aren't singing enough in the South they'll sing more in Y26? :lol:" They did, yes. And not any more. It's just 2 insipid sections of shite instead of one passionate corner.

Did you put some money into a flag or something?

Having sat in both areas, I can't agree with you at all.

You seem very angry. Everything ok at home?

biff

by biff » 22 Aug 2018 10:54

Agree to disagree then. Enjoy the half time warhammer and see you in y26 next year.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 22 Aug 2018 10:58

genome I am almost certain the Reading FC Truth twitter account is a joint venture between John Smith and Old Man Andrews

Sorry completely missed this one.

That account is 100% Maffff. 100%. He was getting a load of shit about slagging off Clement all the time and is a well known troll, he needed an account to take the flack off of himself and satisfy his urges. He was also the first to start throwing blame around too which is a sure sign.

I have one Twitter account I never post from, I only have it to see what others are saying. Give me your account I will follow you from it.

Rea Ding

by Rea Ding » 22 Aug 2018 14:15

Snowflake Royal South stand was disappointing against Bolton, but it did still improve the atmosphere compared to what it's like without them.

It might not have lasted all game or entirely met the organisers objectives, but it dramatically out performed every other section of Reading fans.

How about those who think it's a waste of time and don't want it prove it wrong in the only relevant way by getting their section of the ground to sing louder and longer?

Until you can do better, maybe stick a sock in it and do one rather than constantly trying to undermine it without doing anything yourself.

Hardly heard a peep out of the South Stand, this venture has made our atmosphere worse as it has spilt y26 and has not had the desired effect of creating noise around the ground. If we were pushing for the title and got 20k plus every week it would be a decent idea, but the way we are now is ruining the club's atmosphere

madstadblues

by madstadblues » 22 Aug 2018 15:08

I moved from Y20 to the South Stand with some other season ticket holders so I don't agree with splitting Y26 (BTW in Y20 no one sings only moans or occasionally claps). When I first sat in Y26 when we first moved to the Madstad we brought through some of the atmosphere of the South Bank at Elm Park and the support / expectation that came being a Championship / D1 club & together with the fact we started to make progress. As people got older / married had kids etc. there weren't spare seats in y26 (so you end up dispersed around the ground) couple this with the success over the past year which makes the poor seasons seem worse you can see how the atmosphere even when we were in the prem was medicore.

madreadingfan

by madreadingfan » 22 Aug 2018 15:10

Rea Ding
Snowflake Royal South stand was disappointing against Bolton, but it did still improve the atmosphere compared to what it's like without them.

Hardly heard a peep out of the South Stand, this venture has made our atmosphere worse as it has spilt y26 and has not had the desired effect of creating noise around the ground. If we were pushing for the title and got 20k plus every week it would be a decent idea, but the way we are now is ruining the club's atmosphere

:lol: some people were saying Derby was a cracking atmosphere and less regular go-ers were saying the best they've heard in years. 1 extra game against a smaller team playing worse football and apparently it's a failure.

In football terms that's one win and one loss and you're calling the manager to be sacked.... get a grip.

Coppells Lost Coat
Hob Nob Regular

by Coppells Lost Coat » 22 Aug 2018 15:43

Why are people moaning about the atmosphere being moved from Y26 to the south stand??
Surely they moved there voluntary because they wanted to be there. No one was forced or recruited to go there.
Also got to ask the question, if Y26 is the best singing and are the loudest part of the stadium, why did they move??

biff

by biff » 22 Aug 2018 16:06

Sheep, FOMO, something new, free beer for the first few weeks, novelty, standing etc etc etc etc

Coppells Lost Coat
Hob Nob Regular

by Coppells Lost Coat » 22 Aug 2018 16:41

biff Sheep, FOMO, something new, free beer for the first few weeks, novelty, standing etc etc etc etc

and the negatives???

bobby1413
Hob Nob Addict

by bobby1413 » 22 Aug 2018 17:08

Only Reading fans would argue about something so positive and good spirited, especially considering years of constant "our support is sh*t".

At least someone is doing something about it, and tbh it's been 100x better than other people's efforts which amount to nothing. Especially when we're only two games in and on the back of last season it's no easy task to get the atmosphere going.

Club 1871 appears very fair to me, they've listened, got rid of the guy with the speaker, will probably sack the drummer off too if enough people say they don't like it.

Join or don't join, but it's a good thing that something is being attempted.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 23 Aug 2018 19:21

One thing the South Stand does incontestably better than Y25/6 is maintain a chant. Particularly Blue Army.

It's actually kept at a decent tempo, like it was back in the good old Elm Part days, rather than accelerated through at such a pace it's impossible to continue and just Blarmyblarmyblarmyblarmy as the kids in Y25/6 just don't have any clue about control or understanding of tempo.

Vision
Hob Nob Addict

by Vision » 24 Aug 2018 07:57

Snowflake Royal One thing the South Stand does incontestably better than Y25/6 is maintain a chant. Particularly Blue Army.

It's actually kept at a decent tempo, like it was back in the good old Elm Part days, rather than accelerated through at such a pace it's impossible to continue and just Blarmyblarmyblarmyblarmy as the kids in Y25/6 just don't have any clue about control or understanding of tempo.

Hark at Simon Cowell over there.

Club 1871

by Club 1871 » 25 Aug 2018 20:40

Ok, time to answer. FTR, I wasn't there for the Bolton game, multiple technicolour yawns from a 4yo and 6yo put paid to that idea, so I can't talk from personal experience of that particular match. However, from what I understand much of what has been said is true, in that the atmosphere in C1871 was far from great. However, we're two matches into the season, we as organisers are still tinkering and experimenting with different things in order to obtain the best results, and we didn't have it right against Bolton. I can't comment on the mentality of supporters there after the goal, other than against Wednesday things will hopefully be different. The biggest point to come out of our recent meeting was simply that we as organisers need to stand together and lead, until now we've all been a bit dispersed. If anybody is in C1871 for Wednesday and wants to help lead chants, then please head up the top with us and lend your voices.

In terms of numbers we saw a decline, which was perhaps expected given the decrease overall around the stadium. however, what we want is a positive area where people can go and lend their voices without fear of personal ridicule, what we don't want is Y26-light. I understand there was some away fan baiting from a small element of C1871 against Bolton which goes completely against what we wanted, which led to other unwanted behaviour. The simple message to take from that is if your thing is to interact with away fans then Y25/26 is your area. That isn't to say we don't want you, we'd love to have you lending your voice, however the simple message is if you want away fan interaction and all that entails then Y25/26 is your area - lend your voice there and we'll complement it as we showed we would at times throughout the Derby match. If, however, you want to back the lads positively from minute 1 to 90 regardless and pay no heed to the away support then please head on over if you haven't already.

Lastly, just to pick up on the Y26 split, I personally don't believe we have done that. The most we've had in the South thus far is the Derby match with around 340, which is around a 1/6th of the capacity of Y25/26 combined, so the raw numbers don't back up that stance at all. We knew from experience speaking to numerous supporters around the stadium that many were dismayed at the persistent lack of atmosphere at the Madejski, were fed up of away supporters constantly criticising the atmosphere here, but didn't know what to do about it. The majority sat in areas where chanting wasn't prevalent, but were positively behind heading to an area where the ethos was different to Y25/26 - an area where they could go and sing positively without having to expose themselves to the more "off-the-leash" type of fan. That's not a criticism of Y25/26, I've sat in Y25 since the stadium opened (bar one season) and was a South Banker before then, so to criticise them would render me a hypocrite, but I and the other organisers were also getting tired of the lack of atmosphere, with Y25/26 increasingly reactive to the performance on the pitch and anything the away supporters chanted. I can understand that stance, however it wasn't one I bought into, so a group of us rallied and attempted to do something about it. The only question I would ask is what would it be like if we hadn't done what we have?

So to sum up, yes, Derby was ok, Bolton was disappointing, we recognise many aspects are far from perfect and won't be until we find ourselves in a routine, we're not going to perfect it after just five games so we don't view this as a failed venture by any stretch of the imagination. So please, those who support us and want to lend their voices, please don't hesitate to come and join us for Wednesday, we're going to need as many as we can get behind that goal as they'll inevitably bring 2k and will be loud, particularly if they play well. We want things to improve beyond measure after Bolton - the only way we're going to do that is with numbers.

URZ!!!

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 31 Aug 2018 09:10

Well, well, well. That's it then? The official death of Club 1871?

It pained me more than anything to see it fail but for a smattering of Watford to take their place in favour of them on Wednesday night was pretty much the damning final nail in the coffin. Predictable? Certainly. A shame? Well I'll let you all discuss that.

LWJ
Hob Nob Addict
Location: Hobnob Prediction League Champion 2011/2012, 2020/2021

by LWJ » 31 Aug 2018 10:08

John Smith Well, well, well. That's it then? The official death of Club 1871?

It pained me more than anything to see it fail but for a smattering of Watford to take their place in favour of them on Wednesday night was pretty much the damning final nail in the coffin. Predictable? Certainly. A shame? Well I'll let you all discuss that.

What's your point? They were never going to be in the south stand for cup games. That was agreed with the club pre season and they knew that when purchasing STs.

You really are a muppet, you showed it when you started to blindy attack me when I was attending a lot of games and now your bum boy countryroyal has fcked off abroad you go after anyone and everything, all because you can't drink your miniatures together because you're so cool.

Stockport Royal

by Stockport Royal » 31 Aug 2018 10:14

LWJ
John Smith Well, well, well. That's it then? The official death of Club 1871?

What's your point? They were never going to be in the south stand for cup games. That was agreed with the club pre season and they knew that when purchasing STs.

You really are a muppet, you showed it when you started to blindy attack me when I was attending a lot of games and now your bum boy countryroyal has fcked off abroad you go after anyone and everything, all because you can't drink your miniatures together because you're so cool.

Just with your response he has achieved what he wanted here.

2100 posts