Financial Fair Play

399 posts
CavershamRoyal

Re: Financial Fair Play

by CavershamRoyal » 04 Apr 2019 11:47

URZZZZZZZZ
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Long knocks it back in.............IT'S READING WHO TAKE A MASSIVE STEP TOWARDS WEMBLEY!!

by URZZZZZZZZ » 13 Apr 2019 07:32

From what I’ve heard, our perilous financial situation is going to scupper our chances of signing any of the loan players :cry:

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 13 Apr 2019 21:53

URZZZZZZZZ From what I’ve heard, our perilous financial situation is going to scupper our chances of signing any of the loan players :cry:

Surely if we sell off the likes of Swift and Aluko there may be some funds available.

BraisingsteakRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by BraisingsteakRoyal » 15 Apr 2019 10:35

Zip
URZZZZZZZZ From what I’ve heard, our perilous financial situation is going to scupper our chances of signing any of the loan players :cry:

Surely if we sell off the likes of Swift and Aluko there may be some funds available.

Nope - the black hole is back. Haven't you heard? It's all over the news. If you look veeeeeery closely at the pictures of it, you'll see Cilla Black.

Royal Bison

by Royal Bison » 15 Apr 2019 10:49

Aside from Oliveira (and even then i'm not convinced there won't be better offers) do you genuinely believe any of the others would be interested in signing for us? Every one of them would have far better offers elsewhere.

Chameleon

by Chameleon » 16 Apr 2019 00:35

Royal Bison

Aside from Oliveira (and even then i'm not convinced there won't be better offers) do you genuinely believe any of the others would be interested in signing for us? Every one of them would have far better offers elsewhere.

It's more a matter of getting them to come back any way possible. Getting them to go back to their parent clubs, and them then wanting to come back on loan for next season, which in theory shouldn't be too hard, seeing as our form is decent enough that we could be fighting for something positive next year.

Ranty McRantface

by Ranty McRantface » 16 Apr 2019 05:29

Chameleon
Royal Bison

It's more a matter of getting them to come back any way possible. Getting them to go back to their parent clubs, and them then wanting to come back on loan for next season, which in theory shouldn't be too hard, seeing as our form is decent enough that we could be fighting for something positive next year.

Of those on loan I think we have a real chance of getting Baker, Oliveira and Miazga. Martinez will get a Prem offer and I don't think the club will want Ejaria or Eza.

gazzer, loyal royal
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Khalifa Cisse sleeps with the light on, not because he is afraid of the dark, but because the dark i

by gazzer, loyal royal » 16 Apr 2019 08:47

I'm hearing the Oliveira deal is around £3.5 - 4m which is pretty much all our budget next year. This is all but done as long as we stay up and I also hear that Baker looks very likely to come back on loan next year. Martinez has been told he must go back to Arsenal for the start of the season.

I guess we will shift out McShane, O'Shea, Mannone and a few other top earners in the summer and we will have funds available for other players.

Fezza

by Fezza » 16 Apr 2019 09:04

gazzer, loyal royal I'm hearing the Oliveira deal is around £3.5 - 4m which is pretty much all our budget next year. This is all but done as long as we stay up and I also hear that Baker looks very likely to come back on loan next year. Martinez has been told he must go back to Arsenal for the start of the season.

I guess we will shift out McShane, O'Shea, Mannone and a few other top earners in the summer and we will have funds available for other players.

Expecting that we'll also try to shift GMac, Gunter, Baldock, Kelly, O'Shea and our senior goalkeepers. Harriott and Blackett are out of contract aren't they?

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 16 Apr 2019 09:06

thats pretty much what I'm expecting. Oiveira to sign, Baker on a season loan with a perm option at the end, Martinez could become an option on loan if he doesn't impress Arsenal in pre-season possibly

Reckon someone a bit better than us will sign up Miazga permanently. Ejaria possibly, but again reckon he might go to a WBA type team. Eza maybe if he impresses Gomes in the next month or so, and depending on the sort of wage he wants

Nova hopefully given a chance to impress and a decision made on him or Bod to stay. Think they'd happily shift out Baldock, but reckon he is on big wages, making that difficult

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 18 Apr 2019 08:26

Hound thats pretty much what I'm expecting. Oiveira to sign, Baker on a season loan with a perm option at the end, Martinez could become an option on loan if he doesn't impress Arsenal in pre-season possibly

Reckon someone a bit better than us will sign up Miazga permanently. Ejaria possibly, but again reckon he might go to a WBA type team. Eza maybe if he impresses Gomes in the next month or so, and depending on the sort of wage he wants

Nova hopefully given a chance to impress and a decision made on him or Bod to stay. Think they'd happily shift out Baldock, but reckon he is on big wages, making that difficult

Yeah.

I'd keep Gunter, unless Watson or Howe is looking up to it.

Swift going could easily fund a player or two and reduce the black hole.

I think McCleary has shown himself worth another year.

Denver Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Denver Royal » 18 Apr 2019 16:44

Chameleon
Royal Bison

Royal Bison Sorry for repeating an earlier comment made, but just cannot see any of those three wanting to sign for us permanently anyway so it's meaningless

Yep, you may be right. Whether they are willing is obv key. We are in relegation battle this year, and were in one last year, which on the face of it won't be too enticing. Agree, our form is decent right now, but mounting a challenge next season is another matter. Other teams won't be standing still.
B4 signing permanently, aside from wages, I'd imagine they would each seek assurances re. what players we will sign this Summer, gauge their prospects of playing in PL with this club, and weigh that vs. other offers.

Royals and Racers
Hob Nob Regular

by Royals and Racers » 18 Apr 2019 17:17

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 18 Apr 2019 17:29

Good stuff. Villa's finances must be very close to the line the amount they chuck about.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 18 Apr 2019 17:35

When i saw ‘3 unnamed clubs’ last week, thought we’d be one of them. Relief we aren’t

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 19 Apr 2019 02:53

Fezza
gazzer, loyal royal I'm hearing the Oliveira deal is around £3.5 - 4m which is pretty much all our budget next year. This is all but done as long as we stay up and I also hear that Baker looks very likely to come back on loan next year. Martinez has been told he must go back to Arsenal for the start of the season.

Expecting that we'll also try to shift GMac, Gunter, Baldock, Kelly, O'Shea and our senior goalkeepers. Harriott and Blackett are out of contract aren't they?

There's a lot of hoo-hah over Blackett and his contract. 50% say he's out of contract this summer, the rest say next summer. Would be helpful to have some sort of clarification

Wouldn't be against moving Blackett or Harriott this summer. Harriott is a league one player albeit with plenty of effort and Blackett, for all his improvement this season just ambles round the pitch with no real defined position

Obviously would keep Kelly from that list but that's not happening. O'Shea to go. First three not fussed either way

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 19 Apr 2019 08:41

Being a bit mischeivous, I had a look on TransferMarket at what Rio Ave players are out of contract this summer and got

Nelson Monte CB
Fabio Coentrao LB

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 19 Apr 2019 10:03

URZZZZ
Fezza

There's a lot of hoo-hah over Blackett and his contract. 50% say he's out of contract this summer, the rest say next summer. Would be helpful to have some sort of clarification

Wouldn't be against moving Blackett or Harriott this summer. Harriott is a league one player albeit with plenty of effort and Blackett, for all his improvement this season just ambles round the pitch with no real defined position

Obviously would keep Kelly from that list but that's not happening. O'Shea to go. First three not fussed either way

With the likes of McShane and O’Shea out of contract even expressing an opinion is pointless, they will leave.
Blackett is an asset, foolish to say he has no defined position. He’s a left back and a more than adequate back up at centre back. Unless his wages are outrageous, and assuming he has a year to run on his contract, he should stay.
Mannone and Aluko are on loans for the rest of the year so would assume they are low priority to move unless some one is biting our hand off.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 20 Apr 2019 08:04

Depends on who is paying them. If we're still covering a lot of their wages then the sooner they're properly gone the better.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 20 Apr 2019 08:14

Nameless
URZZZZ
Fezza

With the likes of McShane and O’Shea out of contract even expressing an opinion is pointless, they will leave.
Blackett is an asset, foolish to say he has no defined position. He’s a left back and a more than adequate back up at centre back. Unless his wages are outrageous, and assuming he has a year to run on his contract, he should stay.
Mannone and Aluko are on loans for the rest of the year so would assume they are low priority to move unless some one is biting our hand off.

Reckon O’Shea may well join the coaching staff in the summer

Mannone and Aluko won’t return until Oct/Nov and hopefully we can sell/move them on again next January

Definitely think McShane will be released.

399 posts