World Cup 2018

1412 posts
Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: World Cup 2018

by Sutekh » 16 Jun 2018 18:40

Peru really the best side by a mile but losing

And the Denmark bring on Martin Braithwaite 8)

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 16 Jun 2018 19:01

Peru unfortunate there.

John Madejski's Wallet
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Anyone who lives within their means shows a serious lack of imagination

by John Madejski's Wallet » 16 Jun 2018 19:01

The peru fans' horns can fukk off

But yeah, really one sided game

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 16 Jun 2018 19:02

I really wanted Peru to win that. They offered so much more than Denmark. Carrillo was outstanding

tulip
Hob Nob Addict

by tulip » 16 Jun 2018 19:33

Didn't watch the Peru/Denmark game since had to make some time free for necessary tasks.

Since I don't get ITV here I watch those games on Dutch TV and this lottery ad pops up during the breaks. Thought you might be interested :lol: :lol: Royston Drente

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hw9Mv6VftuM
Last edited by tulip on 16 Jun 2018 21:27, edited 1 time in total.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 16 Jun 2018 20:32

Sure this has been covered before, but how far can you go back with VAR? Say someone's offside, but it's not given, goes out for a corner, then they score from the resulting corner. Can you go back to the initial offside? Or would it get picked up before the corner's taken?

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 16 Jun 2018 21:00

Croatia - Nigeria painfully dull. For a team with as many quality players as Croatia they’re a bit naff. Like the Adriatic Belgium.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 16 Jun 2018 21:16

CountryRoyal Croatia - Nigeria painfully dull. For a team with as many quality players as Croatia they’re a bit naff. Like the Adriatic Belgium.

Really liked Croatia at the Euros, so was expecting a bit more from them.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 16 Jun 2018 21:55

Pepe the Horseman Sure this has been covered before, but how far can you go back with VAR? Say someone's offside, but it's not given, goes out for a corner, then they score from the resulting corner. Can you go back to the initial offside? Or would it get picked up before the corner's taken?

If play stops you can't go back once play restarts.

Also, are we now saying that the Peru penalty that was missed wasn't a penalty!? Because it was blatant, his back foot was clipped out from under him as he went to step with it to open up the space for a shot.

tmesis
Hob Nob Regular

by tmesis » 16 Jun 2018 22:07

Snowflake Royal
Pepe the Horseman Sure this has been covered before, but how far can you go back with VAR? Say someone's offside, but it's not given, goes out for a corner, then they score from the resulting corner. Can you go back to the initial offside? Or would it get picked up before the corner's taken?

Also, are we now saying that the Peru penalty that was missed wasn't a penalty!? Because it was blatant, his back foot was clipped out from under him as he went to step with it to open up the space for a shot.

I think he was going down before the contact, and stretched leg out as he fell to get that contact.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 16 Jun 2018 22:13

African nations used to be a breath of fresh air in the WC - now they are just pretty rancid.

BR0B0T
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by BR0B0T » 16 Jun 2018 22:19

Royal Rother African nations used to be a breath of fresh air in the WC - now they are just pretty rancid.

you're as bad as Frimmers & tulip with this racist shizzle

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 17 Jun 2018 07:22

tmesis
Snowflake Royal

I think he was going down before the contact, and stretched leg out as he fell to get that contact.

On the drag back and turn? You're having a laugh! :lol:

tmesis
Hob Nob Regular

by tmesis » 17 Jun 2018 09:59

Snowflake Royal
tmesis
Snowflake Royal If play stops you can't go back once play restarts.

To me this looked like where the first contact was made.

IF that's the case, he's looking for the contact. It's a terrible angle to judge though*. I think there was one other angle, from side, which was clearer, but I can't find a clip showing that to check.

* weirdly for the France VAR decision, they also kept showing the side view, which was also the worst angle to see if the defender got the ball or not.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 17 Jun 2018 10:15

tmesis
Snowflake Royal
tmesis I think he was going down before the contact, and stretched leg out as he fell to get that contact.

To me this looked like where the first contact was made.

IF that's the case, he's looking for the contact. It's a terrible angle to judge though*. I think there was one other angle, from side, which was clearer, but I can't find a clip showing that to check.

* weirdly for the France VAR decision, they also kept showing the side view, which was also the worst angle to see if the defender got the ball or not.

I mean, yeah, if you want to look at a still it's ambiguous, but the video couldn't be clearer that he's caught and impeded. You've only got to watch it to see he's got eyes for nothing but the ball and that the contact happens behind him where he can't possibly see it to engineer it. His foot is going down to the ground to push off for a step and the Dane's leg goes through it taking it out from under him.

I mean, there's not even been any media question that it was dodgy. People said live they thought there might be no contact, but after seeing it its a clear pen.

I don't have enough :| to express bemusement at the idea it wasn't a clear penalty on review.

John Madejski's Wallet
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Anyone who lives within their means shows a serious lack of imagination

by John Madejski's Wallet » 17 Jun 2018 11:00

tmesis * weirdly for the France VAR decision, they also kept showing the side view, which was also the worst angle to see if the defender got the ball or not.

Yeah i noticed that, the angles they were showing you in the VAR were the worst ones for judging the incident

The Peru player absolutely played for that contact, still a pen though

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 17 Jun 2018 13:40

John Madejski's Wallet
tmesis * weirdly for the France VAR decision, they also kept showing the side view, which was also the worst angle to see if the defender got the ball or not.

Yeah i noticed that, the angles they were showing you in the VAR were the worst ones for judging the incident

The Peru player absolutely played for that contact, still a pen though

They showed those views of the France one because those were the views that best showed the offence - the trailing leg being clipped. A view to show whether and how much of a touch the defender got on the ball was immaterial. The ball was still (just about) in play for the striker to reach regardless of how much of a touch the defender got.

I'm pretty sure the laws don't talk about contact on the ball or player, but about impeding them.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 17 Jun 2018 13:48

Having checked they do talk about contact on the player, but it's not required. There is literally no mention of getting the ball first preventing something being a foul. Not that I could find under law 12 anyway.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 17 Jun 2018 15:11

Patrice Evra is great value in the studio, comes across as smart, witty and interesting. Almost makes ITV tolerable.

10539.4 Miles Away
Hob Nob Regular

by 10539.4 Miles Away » 17 Jun 2018 16:31

Well I've given up on the subscription I have paid for here as the rights holder (Optus) are oxf*rd rubbish, stream only lasts a minute or two before you have to close the app completely and restart it so have moved to watching a flawless illegal ITV stream.

This Germany Mexico game is shaping up very nicely, fast paced, end to end and a ton of shots in the first 20. Don't know a great deal about the Mexicans, hope they don't tire.

1412 posts