Ingerlund Vs Tunisia

160 posts
Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Ingerlund Vs Tunisia

by Sanguine » 19 Jun 2018 10:07

I like Walker. Some players just ooze a certain class and Walker does when he is on the ball. That said, to repeat the above, Trippier was brilliant (fight between him and TAA for that place over the next few years will be a good one) so I'd expect the same line-up against Panama.

Maguire is a monster. Does have a tendency to give the ball away a bit though. One of Stones' best games for England, imho.
Last edited by Sanguine on 19 Jun 2018 10:25, edited 1 time in total.

bcubed
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by bcubed » 19 Jun 2018 10:23

I also rate Walker and if you're playing a 3 at the back and that's the stated formation I think Walker has to be one of them. The other choices have little pace and Walker is a must to cover. He did so really well at least once last night

bcubed
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by bcubed » 19 Jun 2018 10:24

CountryRoyal Tunisia were a dirty niggly cheating team of vvankers who were the antithesis of what football stands for.

Glad we beat the lucky pcunts and their godawful tactics helped by the anti-England officiating. It would have been the most unjust draw ever.

FOOTBALLS COMING HOME.

POTD
:D

Muskrat
Hob Nob Regular

by Muskrat » 19 Jun 2018 10:50

CountryRoyal Tunisia were a dirty niggly cheating team of vvankers who were the antithesis of what football stands for.

Glad we beat the lucky pcunts and their godawful tactics helped by the anti-England officiating. It would have been the most unjust draw ever.

FOOTBALLS COMING HOME.

Don't think I've ever agreed with a post more. Apart from the last bit obvs :|

BR0B0T
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by BR0B0T » 19 Jun 2018 11:15

genome Not convinced on Walker at centre-back at all, he showed his inexperience by turning towards his own goal for the Tunisia penalty. It was soft as shit but definitely naive from Walker.

yeah I watched it a few times this morning to check his positioning...initial thoughts were he shouldn't have been facing own goal but he had to move fast

Maguire
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Maguire » 19 Jun 2018 11:44

Sanguine Maguire is a monster

8)

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 19 Jun 2018 11:50

This sums up the type of team Tunisia are.

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2018/06/ ... 39967.html

BR0B0T
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by BR0B0T » 19 Jun 2018 12:04

CountryRoyal This sums up the type of team Tunisia are.

pretty smart move tbf

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 19 Jun 2018 12:27

BR0B0T
CountryRoyal This sums up the type of team Tunisia are.

pretty smart move tbf

Very, especially in friendly games with nothing really riding on it.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 19 Jun 2018 12:46

Don't see any problem with that. Not like they're trying to gain an advantage

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 19 Jun 2018 13:10

It’s dishonest and slimy and sets precedent for how they operate.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 19 Jun 2018 13:24

CountryRoyal It’s dishonest and slimy and sets precedent for how they operate.

You ok, hun?

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 19 Jun 2018 13:30

Stranded
CountryRoyal It’s dishonest and slimy and sets precedent for how they operate.

You ok, hun?

No I hit my head last night it hurts.

Could also be the beers not sure.

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 19 Jun 2018 14:11

Old Man Andrews
genome Not convinced on Walker at centre-back at all, he showed his inexperience by turning towards his own goal for the Tunisia penalty. It was soft as shit but definitely naive from Walker.

Would stick him at right back against Panama, ideally want to see us go to a back 4 against them too. Can't see a need to play a back 5 against a team of that standard, it is a chance for us to attack and show some flair. Would go 4-4-2 and play Vardy up with Kane and bring Loftus-Cheek in to replace Alli.

Southgate won't do any of that though and stick to the same as Tunisia (Rose for Young hopefully as it is a no-brainer) and he has every right to as we won using that system.

Southgate isn't going to change away from a back 3, and rightly so. With the players he's got in there it allows them to come forward and so it's not like we've got 3 (or 5) defenders holding back to leave less bodies free to attack. In theory it's the opposite. I'd agree with the reservations about Walker at centre back though, but I don't think that'll change for Panama, but it might for Belgium.

I thought we were pretty good last night but, obviously, just lacked that composure in front of goal. I'd still favour Rose on the left though.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 19 Jun 2018 17:11

LUX hopefully we shall go on to beat Panama. If so, we really could do without Tunisia beating Belgium, as that would mean the latter would have to beat us to go through (and potentially put us out).

England should beat Panama comfortably. Belgium likewise v Tunisia. Both England and Belgium will have six points come Sunday evening.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 19 Jun 2018 18:16

Zip
LUX hopefully we shall go on to beat Panama. If so, we really could do without Tunisia beating Belgium, as that would mean the latter would have to beat us to go through (and potentially put us out).

England should beat Panama comfortably. Belgium likewise v Tunisia. Both England and Belgium will have six points come Sunday evening.

If results in other groups go a certain way then England and Belgium will both desperately be wanting to finish 2nd in the group. Should be an interesting last game.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 19 Jun 2018 18:32

Old Man Andrews
Zip

If results in other groups go a certain way then England and Belgium will both desperately be wanting to finish 2nd in the group. Should be an interesting last game.

Like the Women’s badminton at the London olympics. :lol:

That being said, it would be hard to prove as by and large England have looked like they’re trying to lose every game for decades.

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 19 Jun 2018 19:28

Is that you talking Mr G or your Spurs family who hate the fact he went to City :D
Actually I don't rate him either as a center back and worry about his defensive decisions (don't know why...I'm Welsh).

Muskrat
Hob Nob Regular

by Muskrat » 19 Jun 2018 19:42

Zip

That would be awesome. Nothing I like better than a dead rubber. Only because I can have a little bet with myself about how long it will take for one of the pundits to say "it's a dead rubber" :|

bcubed
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by bcubed » 19 Jun 2018 23:41

Hoop Blah
Old Man Andrews

Would stick him at right back against Panama, ideally want to see us go to a back 4 against them too. Can't see a need to play a back 5 against a team of that standard, it is a chance for us to attack and show some flair. Would go 4-4-2 and play Vardy up with Kane and bring Loftus-Cheek in to replace Alli.

Southgate won't do any of that though and stick to the same as Tunisia (Rose for Young hopefully as it is a no-brainer) and he has every right to as we won using that system.

Southgate isn't going to change away from a back 3, and rightly so. With the players he's got in there it allows them to come forward and so it's not like we've got 3 (or 5) defenders holding back to leave less bodies free to attack. In theory it's the opposite. I'd agree with the reservations about Walker at centre back though, but I don't think that'll change for Panama, but it might for Belgium.

I thought we were pretty good last night but, obviously, just lacked that composure in front of goal. I'd still favour Rose on the left though.

Agreed about back 3 and as I said up the page if that's the stated formation I think Walker has to be one of them. The other choices have little pace and Walker is a must to cover. He did so really well at least once against Tunisia

160 posts