Zammo
Hob Nob Addict

Re: R16: Colombia v England

by Zammo » 03 Jul 2018 11:38

CountryRoyal
genome
Uke
Have just caught up with you on this :evil:

"Tonight Pougatch will be joined by former England players Gary Neville, Ian Wright and Lee Dixon"...

I'll listen to 5live until 6:59pm, move downstairs and watch the half, 5live goes back on at half time, watch the second half, and then switch the TV off after the game. Job done.

I’ll be in the pub smashed from 5 so won’t hear or care what anyone says or who says it. :lol:

8)

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 03 Jul 2018 11:43

There's no doubt this is a tricky match and Colombia have the potential to beat us, but I'd make us favourites to go through.

As others have said though, this tournament is evidence that form and reputation don't have to count for a great deal.

Nervous!

Zammo
Hob Nob Addict

by Zammo » 03 Jul 2018 12:03

BBC Sport Is football coming home?
#bbcworldcup or text on 81111

Pete, Manchester: Word on the street is it's coming home. At first I was sceptical but then someone literally confirmed to me that it is indeed coming home.

Ed A, London: Vindaloo on repeat. Live text on refresh. Can’t remember the last time I thought about anything else. Nervous doesn’t even begin to cover it. Bring it home lads.

Anthony, Birmingham: Re Pete Armstrong, I am pretty sure the wave of “it’s coming home” comments isn’t down to arrogance. How can it be? What have we to be arrogant about? I’m also pretty sure there is a growing sense of hope, optimism and belief that this young England team could go far in this World Cup. I am cautiously optimistic and tonight will tell us a lot about this team's character and belief in themselves. Win tonight then we can believe it might be coming home.

It's coming home.

Maneki Neko
Hob Nob Legend

by Maneki Neko » 03 Jul 2018 12:10

that last guy seems filled with doubt.

it wont be coming home with that attitude

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 03 Jul 2018 12:11

I can't accept it is coming home unless we beat Colombia. If we do then it will be coming home strong.

Zammo
Hob Nob Addict

by Zammo » 03 Jul 2018 12:14

Maneki Neko that last guy seems filled with doubt.

it wont be coming home with that attitude

Yeah, it's a bit wordy tbf. Should have just said "let's f**kin have it, COME ON".

Scutterbucketz
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Scutterbucketz » 03 Jul 2018 12:20

enjoying the ICH meme videos that are popping up online. The Wolf Of Wall Street one is my favourite.

https://youtu.be/H13lrlLGNAI

ICH

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 03 Jul 2018 12:41

Scutterbucketz enjoying the ICH meme videos that are popping up online. The Wolf Of Wall Street one is my favourite.

ICH

This is the best I've seen

https://twitter.com/petercrouch/status/ ... 3976381440

Scutterbucketz
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Scutterbucketz » 03 Jul 2018 12:43

genome
Scutterbucketz enjoying the ICH meme videos that are popping up online. The Wolf Of Wall Street one is my favourite.

ICH

This is the best I've seen

https://twitter.com/petercrouch/status/ ... 3976381440

He he! That’s a nice one. Hadn’t seen it before.

ICH

Green
Hob Nob Legend

by Green » 03 Jul 2018 14:09

Sebastian the Red
Silver Fox When we win will the try-hards who are trying to claim that it's not coming home just star saying we've got no chance of beating Sweden or Switzerland?

pFuck 'em. 52 years of hurt is now over. Football is, as far as I'm concerned, home.

It's in the departures lounge for sure but I can't quite get on board with that, yet.

Ask me again tonight.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 03 Jul 2018 14:17

oxf*rd hell this last 2 hours needs to end, I need beer and football. So oxf*rd tense.

bobby1413
Hob Nob Addict

by bobby1413 » 03 Jul 2018 14:45

I'm not convinced by the whole "It's coming home" thing. I have a few thoughts

1) The team we saw against Tunisia and Panama looked cohesive, exciting, confident, imaginative and played with real rhythm. It's the first time in about 20 years I genuinely thought "what a great team", and each person seemed to be working hard.

2) It was Tunisia and Panama

3) England continually get people's hopes up. Other than the fact many of the big boys have been knocked out, this year isn't that different to the last 20. Everyone get's excited, into the spirit, the car flags come out, and then they get smashed to bits in the game and lose.

4) I do feel some are underestimating Colombia, not on here necessarily, but on Twitter. All I keep hearing is how all the favourites are knocked out, with the tone being "it's only the easy teams left until the final".

5) This thought is evident when you look at some of the teams that have lost so far, all to teams that were seen as outsiders

6) I'm not trying to be negative, but I just see Colombia as tough competition for England

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 03 Jul 2018 14:47

bobby1413 I'm not convinced by the whole "It's coming home" thing. I have a few thoughts

1) The team we saw against Tunisia and Panama looked cohesive, exciting, confident, imaginative and played with real rhythm. It's the first time in about 20 years I genuinely thought "what a great team", and each person seemed to be working hard.

3) England continually get people's hopes up. Other than the fact many of the big boys have been knocked out, this year isn't that different to the last 20. Everyone get's excited, into the spirit, the car flags come out, and then they get smashed to bits in the game and lose.

4) I do feel some are underestimating Colombia, not on here necessarily, but on Twitter. All I keep hearing is how all the favourites are knocked out, with the tone being "it's only the easy teams left until the final".

5) This thought is evident when you look at some of the teams that have lost so far, all to teams that were seen as outsiders

6) I'm not trying to be negative, but I just see Colombia as tough competition for England

But it is coming home though.

Green
Hob Nob Legend

by Green » 03 Jul 2018 14:47

Yes yes all very sensible and probably true, but you're not fooling anyone bobby.

Scutterbucketz
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Scutterbucketz » 03 Jul 2018 14:47

I’m not nervous one bit. I actually wish I was as it’s that feeling that allows you to get excited about it, but I’m so certain that football is coming home I’m pretty relaxed about the whole thing. Might have a beer around 5.30 and then take a stroll to the pub about half 6. ICH

Scutterbucketz
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Scutterbucketz » 03 Jul 2018 14:48

Old Man Andrews
bobby1413 I'm not convinced by the whole "It's coming home" thing. I have a few thoughts

But it is coming home though.

That’s the spirit, OMA

ICH

Scutterbucketz
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Scutterbucketz » 03 Jul 2018 14:51

And get yourself some cop on, bobby.

The stars are aligned ICH

Green
Hob Nob Legend

by Green » 03 Jul 2018 14:51

Scutterbucketz I’m not nervous one bit. I actually wish I was as it’s that feeling that allows you to get excited about it, but I’m so certain that football is coming home I’m pretty relaxed about the whole thing. Might have a beer around 5.30 and then take a stroll to the pub about half 6. ICH

Gutted I'm not working from home today. Won't be home until almost 7 :(

Scutterbucketz
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Scutterbucketz » 03 Jul 2018 14:53

Green
Scutterbucketz I’m not nervous one bit. I actually wish I was as it’s that feeling that allows you to get excited about it, but I’m so certain that football is coming home I’m pretty relaxed about the whole thing. Might have a beer around 5.30 and then take a stroll to the pub about half 6. ICH

Gutted I'm not working from home today. Won't be home until almost 7 :(

Yeah I’m not making the same mistake I did last Thursday. I left my head office in Kent dead on 4pm and then spent two hours trying to get home round the M25. I was home by 6 but it really upset my chi. ICH

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 03 Jul 2018 15:02

Home by 4, drinking by 5 past, convincing my daughter to go to the shops to get me a Chinese, drunk and shouty by 7, hopefully not crying by 9pm.

305 posts