#1 on the hit parade

What should be the World Cup final number one?

3 Lions - The Lightning Seeds feat Skinner & Baddiel
52%
World In Motion - Englandneworder
32%
Vindaloo - Fat Les
13%
Keep On Movin' (World Cup 2002 Mix) - 5ive
No votes
This Time - England World Cup Squad '82
3%

Total votes: 31
Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

Re: #1 on the hit parade

by Silver Fox » 05 Jul 2018 10:20

Old Man Andrews Anyone know what Baddiel and Skinner would get out of the recent success of the song?

Knighthoods at a minimum

ICH

Maneki Neko
Hob Nob Legend

by Maneki Neko » 05 Jul 2018 10:32

englands irie

also ....
the rhythm method have done a world cup song that references throwing plastic furniture across European market squares, and once you get past the casio keyboard synths, and the fact it sounds like a mike skinner rip off of world in motion....its actually alright

https://www.nme.com/blogs/nme-blogs/the-rhythm-method-chin-up-world-cup-song-2335451

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 05 Jul 2018 10:39

Silver Fox
Old Man Andrews Anyone know what Baddiel and Skinner would get out of the recent success of the song?

Knighthoods at a minimum

ICH

No doubt about that at all.

I am interested to know what the figue is the get from each sale, reckon its a ridiculously low amount.

Sebastian the Red

by Sebastian the Red » 05 Jul 2018 11:07

Old Man Andrews
Silver Fox

Knighthoods at a minimum

ICH

I am interested to know what the figue is the get from each sale, reckon its a ridiculously low amount.

Fractions of pence. I'd be genuinely surprised if a 1000 radio plays netted them any more than about £5 each.

BR0B0T
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by BR0B0T » 05 Jul 2018 11:16

Sebastian the Red
Old Man Andrews
Silver Fox
Knighthoods at a minimum

ICH

Fractions of pence. I'd be genuinely surprised if a 1000 radio plays netted them any more than about £5 each.

Nah...if it's on radio one you get a lot more £10-15 per play (or min can't rem)

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 05 Jul 2018 11:21

BR0B0T
Sebastian the Red
Old Man Andrews

Nah...if it's on radio one you get a lot more £10-15 per play (or min can't rem)

Are you joking? Seems a hell of a lot for PRS.

Sebastian the Red

by Sebastian the Red » 05 Jul 2018 12:13

BR0B0T
Sebastian the Red
Old Man Andrews

Yeah, I'm genuinely surprised, just had a look and the PRS royalty per minute for radio 1 is indeed something like a tenner per minute. Of course, how much of that goes to the artists will be another matter entirely. Let's say they get £45 for Three Lions per play from Radio 1 - how much do you reckon will actually get down to Baddiel and Skinner? Quid or so each? Not bad.

I imagine it will genuinely be fractions of pence for spotify/apple/youtube streaming though.

Learned something this morning, thanks.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 05 Jul 2018 12:22

It is fractions of pence. I read somewhere (can't remember) that top artists earn about the same from Spotify than they would working for McDonalds

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 05 Jul 2018 12:24

genome It is fractions of pence. I read somewhere (can't remember) that top artists earn about the same from Spotify than they would working for McDonalds

Is it the same for the writers of the song? Baddiel, Skinner and Ian Brodie wrote and performed it so would they get a double fee so to speak? Still won't be enough for the joy they have brought to the nation.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 05 Jul 2018 12:27

Old Man Andrews
genome It is fractions of pence. I read somewhere (can't remember) that top artists earn about the same from Spotify than they would working for McDonalds

Is it the same for the writers of the song? Baddiel, Skinner and Ian Brodie wrote and performed it so would they get a double fee so to speak? Still won't be enough for the joy they have brought to the nation.

No idea, depends what kind of deal they are on with the label

Lady Gaga got paid £108 for 1 million streams of Poker Face a few years ago

stealthpapes
Hob Nob Addict

by stealthpapes » 05 Jul 2018 12:41

Probably get paid more for having their song on the McDs restaurant CDs.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 05 Jul 2018 12:46

genome
Old Man Andrews

Lady Gaga got paid £108 for 1 million streams of Poker Face a few years ago

She got paid for that song????

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 05 Jul 2018 13:26

World in Motion is the better song.

Three Lions is the better anthem.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 05 Jul 2018 13:30

Well where does "We're on the Ball" by Ant and Dec come into this?

stealthpapes
Hob Nob Addict

by stealthpapes » 05 Jul 2018 13:37

Maneki Neko englands irie

also ....
the rhythm method have done a world cup song that references throwing plastic furniture across European market squares, and once you get past the casio keyboard synths, and the fact it sounds like a mike skinner rip off of world in motion....its actually alright

https://www.nme.com/blogs/nme-blogs/the-rhythm-method-chin-up-world-cup-song-2335451

did not mind the chorus.

Maneki Neko
Hob Nob Legend

by Maneki Neko » 05 Jul 2018 13:56

Sebastian the Red
BR0B0T
Sebastian the Red

Yeah, I'm genuinely surprised, just had a look and the PRS royalty per minute for radio 1 is indeed something like a tenner per minute. Of course, how much of that goes to the artists will be another matter entirely. Let's say they get £45 for Three Lions per play from Radio 1 - how much do you reckon will actually get down to Baddiel and Skinner? Quid or so each? Not bad.

I imagine it will genuinely be fractions of pence for spotify/apple/youtube streaming though.

Learned something this morning, thanks.

think its 0.004 dollars per play on spotify

BR0B0T
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by BR0B0T » 05 Jul 2018 14:05

If the artist didn't go through the record companies their payout from Spotify would be pretty good

The Reverend

by The Reverend » 05 Jul 2018 17:02