LOLiverpooLOL - Next Season

8646 posts
Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict

Re: LOLiverpooLOL - Next Season

by Victor Meldrew » 07 Nov 2018 16:59

Old Man Andrews It was an odd display, players didn't look to arsed by it in all honesty. It is weird that they didn't put everything they had into this game, it was so winnable and would have almost guaranteed qualification to the next phase. Has Klopp lost his magic touch?

I feel that Firmino is such an important part of the way Liverpool play-he at times becomes an extra midfielder and is a decent tackler, often taking the ball off an opponent to set Liverpool going again.
Daniel unfortunately is a striker and not much more and (understandably in view of his terrible injury record) he always looks frightened to put his foot in and too frequently loses possession.
Klopp seemingly wants to protect Firmino from burn out but leaving him out for an "easy" fixture was IMHO the wrong decision as he could probably have left him out this coming Saturday.
Mind you, Klopp has done so little wrong he deserves to be cut some slack.

The other thing IMHO is that Lallana is (once again because of the injuries) not looking the player that he was and gives possession away too often.

All is far from lost in this competition but last night has made qualifying so much harder and it could be just City flying the flag when this qualifying period is over as Spurs and Man Utd have been made to look ordinary and need everything to fall right to qualify.

BR0B0T
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by BR0B0T » 07 Nov 2018 18:28

Victor Meldrew
Old Man Andrews All is far from lost in this competition but last night has made qualifying so much harder and it could be just City flying the flag when this qualifying period is over as Spurs and Man Utd have been made to look ordinary and need everything to fall right to qualify.

Would be very surprised if Utd get a result tonight

Firmino doesn't look on form in the times I've seen him play...fairly limited tbh!

Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict

by Victor Meldrew » 09 Nov 2018 13:12

BR0B0T
Victor Meldrew
Old Man Andrews All is far from lost in this competition but last night has made qualifying so much harder and it could be just City flying the flag when this qualifying period is over as Spurs and Man Utd have been made to look ordinary and need everything to fall right to qualify.

Firmino doesn't look on form in the times I've seen him play...fairly limited tbh!

Interesting that you think he is limited when pundits seem to think he is the best leader of the line in the Premier League.
All about opinions of course.

BR0B0T
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by BR0B0T » 09 Nov 2018 13:16

Victor Meldrew
BR0B0T
Victor Meldrew

Interesting that you think he is limited when pundits seem to think he is the best leader of the line in the Premier League.
All about opinions of course.

sorry meant the times I've seen him play are fairly limited...too few to draw any conclusions

He doesn't seem to be on as good form as when I've seen him previously

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 16 Nov 2018 18:47

BR0B0T
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by BR0B0T » 28 Nov 2018 22:47

as always...a pleasure! 8)

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 29 Nov 2018 08:08

Theres something not quite right with Liverpool, players don't seem very happy. As much as their arrogant and needy supporters don't want to admit it I think they are light years away from Manchester City and have no chance of winning the league.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 29 Nov 2018 08:47

Old Man Andrews Theres something not quite right with Liverpool, players don't seem very happy. As much as their arrogant and needy supporters don't want to admit it I think they are light years away from Manchester City and have no chance of winning the league.

No-one has a better chance outside of City to win the league, but City will win the league. Something may not be quite right but they are undefeated in the PL, so if they click anything is possible.

Enjoyed the game last night though Liverpool had no cutting edge despite being on the front foot for the entire 2nd half. 3 away defeats in the group is not a good look though. However a win by more than 1 goal or a 1-0 win at home to Napoli will see them through, so still in their own hands.

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 29 Nov 2018 10:00

TBF the patchy Champions League run might mean they can concentrate on the league and it also gives bitter United fans something to enjoy this year.

PSG were pretty annoying last night mind you, like an expensively put together side that then gets Billy davies in as manager

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 29 Nov 2018 14:29

I dipped in and out of the PSG game last night but couldn't stand watching the bits I did see.

All the play acting and histrionics ruined it for me.

Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict

by Victor Meldrew » 29 Nov 2018 15:05

I think at the moment Klopp is stuck between playing the way of last season (and the Dortmund way), i.e. going hard from the off, and a more controlled approach that might prevent the players from burn-out later in the season.
It is working in the league but not in these away games in the Champions League.

It now leaves a dramatic game to come at Anfield against Napoli-a winner-takes-all game which should be exciting.

Incidentally, with the performances of Spurs, Liverpool and Man Utd and to some extent City we can see that defending by our Premier teams is not that good and maybe our teams are not quite as good as we like to think they are.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 30 Nov 2018 08:53

Victor Meldrew I think at the moment Klopp is stuck between playing the way of last season (and the Dortmund way), i.e. going hard from the off, and a more controlled approach that might prevent the players from burn-out later in the season.
It is working in the league but not in these away games in the Champions League.

It now leaves a dramatic game to come at Anfield against Napoli-a winner-takes-all game which should be exciting.

Incidentally, with the performances of Spurs, Liverpool and Man Utd and to some extent City we can see that defending by our Premier teams is not that good and maybe our teams are not quite as good as we like to think they are.

When he tries to play a defensive style he comes unstuck a hell of a lot. He needs to play to his strengths which is attacking football, no coach does it better than him.

stealthpapes
Hob Nob Addict

by stealthpapes » 30 Nov 2018 12:18

I most liked the Milli Vanilli chest bump

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 02 Dec 2018 18:29

Could be their year this time if idiots like Pickford have anything to do with it. :lol:

BR0B0T
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by BR0B0T » 02 Dec 2018 18:38

Great assist from VVD...that last freekick looked right of the training ground!

Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict

by Victor Meldrew » 02 Dec 2018 19:53

BR0B0T Great assist from VVD...that last freekick looked right of the training ground!

What a great time to score.
It looks as though Everton at long last and after a lot of dealings in the transfer market have a competitive side again with a good manager.

I though Seamus Coleman was Man of the Match and didn't deserve to be on the losing side.

Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict

by Victor Meldrew » 08 Dec 2018 20:55

A good week for Liverpool-now the big one on Tuesday.
It was men v boys today at Bournemouth and Eddie Howe (5 defeats in the last 6 games) had no game plan other than let his players stand and admire.

BR0B0T
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by BR0B0T » 11 Dec 2018 19:55

Happy with Liverpool losing tonight but would rather they had more games in CL so the league form suffers!

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 12 Dec 2018 09:53

Good win last night.
If Liverpool are top on the evening of 3rd January, people will be looking at their fixtures and wondering where they'll drop points (answer - probably Watford at home, or something stupid).

Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict

by Victor Meldrew » 12 Dec 2018 10:54

A good win and a very strong performance.
Some of the inter-passing was quite brilliant, not matched by the finishing, and reliable stalwarts ( a word only ever used in football or a few other sports?) in Henderson and Milner provided the drive from midfield that so many other teams lack, Reading included.

Onwards and upwards with a squad now that has every chance of success this season, whether that be our Premier League or the Champions League-most positions are better covered than all except City here and Barcelona or PSG in Europe.

When talking of managers for RFC I think it is clear that the enthusiasm of a Klopp is worth a few wins per season-these types may be rare but clearly the Cowleys, Nathan Jones, Ainsworth, Tisdale,Warnock and Parky have it even if they surely are lacking in other areas.

Enthusiasm rubs off on players-even moaning Mourinho had that in his early days and contributed to his success-so let us hope that our CEO has that element firmly included in his criteria for our new manager.

8646 posts