LOLiverpooLOL - Next Season

8645 posts
sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: LOLiverpooLOL - Next Season

by sandman » 27 Dec 2018 16:49

Liverpool fans are a special kind of dickhead.

Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict

by Victor Meldrew » 27 Dec 2018 19:58

sandman Liverpool fans are a special kind of dickhead.

In what way?

BR0B0T
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by BR0B0T » 27 Dec 2018 22:05

Victor Meldrew

In what way?

Possibly the murders and delusion?

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 27 Dec 2018 22:21

BR0B0T
Victor Meldrew

In what way?

Possibly the murders and delusion?

The petitions, the t-shirts defending racists, the denial that said racist is a racist.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 28 Dec 2018 09:45

Victor Meldrew
LWJ
Sanguine Liverpool just refusing to fcuk this up at the moment, aren't they? What a difference a couple of weeks make - Liverpool's challenge looked on the rails after 95 minutes of the Merseyside derby, since when just about everything has gone right. 8 wins in a row now, conceding just 2 goals.

Football is a funny old game though - surely there has to be a downturn in form around the corner?

Fabinho starting to look like one hell of a signing.

Big test on Saturday.

Other than that they keep disappointing me. Hard not to like the current Liverpool side. Shame the majority of their fans are dickheads

Not sure Saturday is a big test , Arsenal at home.
With so many fixtures this time of year I assume you were referring to the game at City next Thursday?
Aren't all fans of all clubs dickheads?

It is a big test in the sense that Arsenal are one of only 3 sides they didn't beat 1st half of the season. It is a game they should win but there will be a new kind of pressure on this side, they are favourites now for every game and the title. If they were to slip to a defeat on Saturday then they suddenly go to City looking to avoid back to back defeats. With Spurs playing Wolves and Cardiff, it is not inconceivable that they could be level on points with Liverpool by the City game if they slip to defeat.

If Liverpool get to Thursday night with the same gap, they will win the title but as a neutral it would be great to see a table like this come then:

1. Liverpool P21 Pts 51
2. Spurs P21 Pts 51
3. Man City P21 Pts 50

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 28 Dec 2018 10:02

Stranded
If Liverpool get to Thursday night with the same gap, they will win the title

They'd be big favourites, but they surely won't win 32 games this season - 21 games in will be far too early to crown them champions!

Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict

by Victor Meldrew » 28 Dec 2018 11:45

Interesting to see the pundits change like the wind-a few weeks ago it was all about Liverpool looking likely to finish runners-up to unbeatable City and now it is how fragile City look after two defeats with Fernandinho out of the side.

What I like about this Liverpool is that they are more like the grinding machine of the 70s and 80s whereas in the seasons that they threatened but didn't win since there was too much reliance on individual players , who admittedly were outstanding such as Gerrard,Torres and Suarez. Now there appears to be a collective strength which could well see them across the line.

As for the inane comments by the two bitter posters Brobot and sandman I will treat them with the contempt they deserve.
Jealousy is a terrible thing.

Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict

by Victor Meldrew » 28 Dec 2018 11:50

Stranded
Victor Meldrew
LWJ Big test on Saturday.

Other than that they keep disappointing me. Hard not to like the current Liverpool side. Shame the majority of their fans are dickheads

Not sure Saturday is a big test , Arsenal at home.
With so many fixtures this time of year I assume you were referring to the game at City next Thursday?
Aren't all fans of all clubs dickheads?

It is a big test in the sense that Arsenal are one of only 3 sides they didn't beat 1st half of the season. It is a game they should win but there will be a new kind of pressure on this side, they are favourites now for every game and the title. If they were to slip to a defeat on Saturday then they suddenly go to City looking to avoid back to back defeats. With Spurs playing Wolves and Cardiff, it is not inconceivable that they could be level on points with Liverpool by the City game if they slip to defeat.

If Liverpool get to Thursday night with the same gap, they will win the title but as a neutral it would be great to see a table like this come then:

1. Liverpool P21 Pts 51
2. Spurs P21 Pts 51
3. Man City P21 Pts 50

Interestingly ,after City Liverpool will have played all the top sides away so the title will be very much theirs to lose.

I agree that a close-run competition is more interesting for football followers in general but it often doesn't turn out like that with winners doing so convincingly ( e.g. City last season and Leicester previously IIRC both won by double figure points?)

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 28 Dec 2018 12:07

Victor Meldrew Interesting to see the pundits change like the wind-a few weeks ago it was all about Liverpool looking likely to finish runners-up to unbeatable City and now it is how fragile City look after two defeats with Fernandinho out of the side.

What I like about this Liverpool is that they are more like the grinding machine of the 70s and 80s whereas in the seasons that they threatened but didn't win since there was too much reliance on individual players , who admittedly were outstanding such as Gerrard,Torres and Suarez. Now there appears to be a collective strength which could well see them across the line.

As for the inane comments by the two bitter posters Brobot and sandman I will treat them with the contempt they deserve.
Jealousy is a terrible thing.

I'm not bitter at all mate. Not particularly sure what I'd have to be jealous about with Liverpool.

You want bitter? have a look at Liverpool fans, players and management when they talk about this man.

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 28 Dec 2018 12:37

Maybe you can give us the word then? You certainly seem to have a somewhat playground mentality towards discussing football, and in particular Liverpool.

BR0B0T
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by BR0B0T » 29 Dec 2018 10:08

Liverpool fans, gr8 bunch of lads...

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 29 Dec 2018 10:45

BR0B0T Liverpool fans, gr8 bunch of lads...

Just curious, are you actively trying to outdo Kes in the obsessive weirdo stakes or is it accidental?

Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict

by Victor Meldrew » 29 Dec 2018 17:25

Snowflake Royal
BR0B0T Liverpool fans, gr8 bunch of lads...

Just curious, are you actively trying to outdo Kes in the obsessive weirdo stakes or is it accidental?

He is just some Irish, anti-Protestant weirdo embittered by Man Utd's failure in recent years to buy a title.
BTW Spurs haven't exactly put Liverpool and City under pressure regardless of their results this evening and tomorrow.

Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict

by Victor Meldrew » 29 Dec 2018 20:14

Brobot and sandy surprisingly quiet after Liverpool collapsed under the pressure and showed that they have no chance of even finishing in the top 2.
Or maybe they will see sense.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 29 Dec 2018 22:11

No dog in the PL fight.

Thanks for the shout out though.

BR0B0T
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by BR0B0T » 30 Dec 2018 19:20

Decent enough win for Liverpool...glad City won and another 4 goals for United

Good to watch plenty of attacking football.

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 30 Dec 2018 22:24

Been a while since you’ve updated us on Liverpool’s form Bro

BR0B0T
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by BR0B0T » 30 Dec 2018 22:56

Silver Fox Been a while since you’ve updated us on Liverpool’s form Bro

will update after the City game m8

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 31 Dec 2018 00:15

For both teams? Cool cool cool

BR0B0T
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by BR0B0T » 31 Dec 2018 12:15

Silver Fox For both teams? Cool cool cool

Will you be able to wait that long or should I put something up now?

8645 posts