Weekend Football

5336 posts
Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: Weekend Football

by Stranded » 06 Nov 2018 10:14

Winston Biscuit Bottom 5 teams in the PL. Played 55, won 5 :lol:

Not much better if you extend it to the bottom 7. P77 W9.

Absolute dross at the bottom this year.

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 06 Nov 2018 10:16

Saw a table the other day showing all non 'big 6' clubs points against the 'big 6'. it was lolzy

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 08 Nov 2018 16:49

Old Man Andrews .

OMA, can I just get your thoughts on the following for the weekend please:

Aldershot v Bradford
Gillingham v Hartlepool
Chesterfield v Billericay

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 08 Nov 2018 18:06

John Smith
Old Man Andrews .

OMA, can I just get your thoughts on the following for the weekend please:

Aldershot v Bradford
Gillingham v Hartlepool
Chesterfield v Billericay

Aldershot v Bradford has real potential for a giant killing story. Bradford in terrible form and have to travel a long way from home, can't imagine they'd be up for it at all. 2-1 Aldershot.

Gillingham v Hartlepool I see as a comfortable home win. 4-0 Gillingham.

Chesterfield v Billericay is an interesting game and tough to call. Chesterfirld have struggled this season despite having a decent squad. Quite fancy Billericay to go there and get a draw and win the replay at home.

stealthpapes
Hob Nob Addict

by stealthpapes » 12 Nov 2018 10:38

1. FA Cup on Sunday was really well done by the BBC. Keeping an eye on both Oxford teams, but also Tranmere, Swindon, Aldershot, Slough, Solihull and Shrewsbury.

2. Charlie Austin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AdxZjRHq2SM

John Madejski's Wallet
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Anyone who lives within their means shows a serious lack of imagination

by John Madejski's Wallet » 13 Nov 2018 14:18

stealthpapes 1. FA Cup on Sunday was really well done by the BBC. Keeping an eye on both Oxford teams, but also Tranmere, Swindon, Aldershot, Slough, Solihull and Shrewsbury.

2. Charlie Austin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AdxZjRHq2SM

:lol:

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 15 Nov 2018 14:47

Premier League agrees in principle to introducing VAR from next season.

Good.

Kulshaw72RFC

by Kulshaw72RFC » 15 Nov 2018 16:51

Sanguine Premier League agrees in principle to introducing VAR from next season.

Good.

If it is the world cup VAR and not the wobbly line VAR then good.

I still think that fans will be negative about it in the ground that it takes too long (Despite it taking 9 seconds).

stealthpapes
Hob Nob Addict

by stealthpapes » 20 Nov 2018 17:47

no idea where this goes, but its good

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_cont ... LQWCtiuWP4

Tails
Hob Nob Regular

by Tails » 22 Nov 2018 10:17

Beautiful stuff

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 03 Dec 2018 12:55

Liverpool have Burnley, Bournemouth, Man Utd, Wolves & Newcastle to go to reach the halfway point unbeaten. Man City have Watford, Chelsea, Everton, Leicester & Palace to do the same.

stealthpapes
Hob Nob Addict

by stealthpapes » 03 Dec 2018 15:55

There was a wonderful keeper fuck up in the Preston match at the weekend.

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 04 Dec 2018 10:23

Winston Biscuit Liverpool have Burnley, Bournemouth, Man Utd, Wolves & Newcastle to go to reach the halfway point unbeaten. Man City have Watford, Chelsea, Everton, Leicester & Palace to do the same.

Did notice that Liverpool's fixture list had opened up a bit. Just have a feeling Bournemouth will end their run though.

If they get through that lot with 4 or 5 more wins then as silly as it sounds, the title might get decided over the new year - they host Arsenal on 29th Dec, before going to City on 3rd Jan.

Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict

by Victor Meldrew » 04 Dec 2018 11:01

Sanguine
Winston Biscuit Liverpool have Burnley, Bournemouth, Man Utd, Wolves & Newcastle to go to reach the halfway point unbeaten. Man City have Watford, Chelsea, Everton, Leicester & Palace to do the same.

Did notice that Liverpool's fixture list had opened up a bit. Just have a feeling Bournemouth will end their run though.

If they get through that lot with 4 or 5 more wins then as silly as it sounds, the title might get decided over the new year - they host Arsenal on 29th Dec, before going to City on 3rd Jan.

I fear the 2 games v Burnley and Bournemouth.
Burnley have been on a dire run and Bournemouth have lost 4 on the trot (obviously nothing to do with "he can do no wrong and should be managing a big club Eddie Howe" who oversaw Bournemouth's 4-0 defeat at Burnley the other week!!) .
Liverpool have had a problem in recent years with some games against "lesser" clubs and with the big Napoli game coming up they may be distracted-City rested a number of players on Saturday but were still strong enough in the end.

BTW, City have Watford away and then Chelsea (?) so they are not there yet.

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 04 Dec 2018 11:06

City just look to have too much in reserve. They are playing very well, and winning comfortably. As it stands, I think City are more likely to threaten their own points and goals records than Liverpool are to win it.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 04 Dec 2018 11:39

Victor Meldrew
Sanguine

I fear the 2 games v Burnley and Bournemouth.
Burnley have been on a dire run and Bournemouth have lost 4 on the trot (obviously nothing to do with "he can do no wrong and should be managing a big club Eddie Howe" who oversaw Bournemouth's 4-0 defeat at Burnley the other week!!) .
Liverpool have had a problem in recent years with some games against "lesser" clubs and with the big Napoli game coming up they may be distracted-City rested a number of players on Saturday but were still strong enough in the end.

BTW, City have Watford away and then Chelsea (?) so they are not there yet.

Agreed that Liverpool of late may slip up against some of the lesser lights but the only points they have dropped this year are against City, Arsenal and Chelsea - otherwise wins all the way - they are finding a way when not playing well.

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 04 Dec 2018 11:44

Update on the 'big six vs. the others' table...

Man City 11 1 0 34
Liverpool 11 0 0 33
Tottenham 10 0 1 30
Chelsea 9 2 0 29
Arsenal 9 1 0 28

Man Utd 6 3 2 21

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 05 Dec 2018 13:55

Old Man Andrews .

OMA, can I just get your thoughts on the following for the weekend if I may please:

Plymouth vs Bradford
Morecambe vs Port Vale
Guiseley vs Hereford

Cheers

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 05 Dec 2018 14:09

John Smith
Old Man Andrews .

OMA, can I just get your thoughts on the following for the weekend if I may please:

Plymouth vs Bradford
Morecambe vs Port Vale
Guiseley vs Hereford

Cheers

Hi John,

Plymouth v Bradford. Both sides in the League 1 relegation zone but Plymouth have two wins in their last 5 where as Bradford have 1. I will back Plymouth to get a home win here but a draw wouldn't shock me. I will stick my neck out and go 1-0 home win.

Morcambe v Port Vale. Morcambe had a really tough start to the season but have really picked up recently, lost their last game though. Port Vale are your typical League 2 dross, will end up being midtable for the rest of their lives. I predict a draw here, 1-1.

Guisley v Hereford. Both teams is pretty bad form and low down in National League North, Guisley have been distracted recently by their cup exploits and live game on Monday. This is going to be another draw for me, 1-1.

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 05 Dec 2018 14:39

Old Man Andrews
John Smith
Old Man Andrews .

Plymouth vs Bradford
Morecambe vs Port Vale
Guiseley vs Hereford

Cheers

Hi John,

Plymouth v Bradford. Both sides in the League 1 relegation zone but Plymouth have two wins in their last 5 where as Bradford have 1. I will back Plymouth to get a home win here but a draw wouldn't shock me. I will stick my neck out and go 1-0 home win.

Morcambe v Port Vale. Morcambe had a really tough start to the season but have really picked up recently, lost their last game though. Port Vale are your typical League 2 dross, will end up being midtable for the rest of their lives. I predict a draw here, 1-1.

Guisley v Hereford. Both teams is pretty bad form and low down in National League North, Guisley have been distracted recently by their cup exploits and live game on Monday. This is going to be another draw for me, 1-1.

Fascinating insight, thanks for that. Cheltenham v Grimsby also promises to be another big one in League 2.

5336 posts