Play-Offs Thread 2018

126 posts
Dick Habbin's hairdo
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Play-Offs Thread 2018

by Dick Habbin's hairdo » 27 May 2018 12:28

So, back on topic, anyone else going to Wem-ber-lee tomorrow for Cov - Exeter?

Bought a ticket this morning coz I fancy going to play off with no RFC heartache at the end, there are potentially four ex RFC/academy graduates playing, and I hope Exeter do it for Eammon.

Double d v2

by Double d v2 » 27 May 2018 16:53

Absolutely lovely goal by Shrewsbury there. Nothing finer then watching a free kick like that work.

Fingers crossed they go up

Double d v2

by Double d v2 » 27 May 2018 17:02

WHAT A SAVE FROM DEAN HENDERSON TO DENY ROTHERHAM AT THE END !!!!!!!!

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 28 May 2018 08:05

What a miserable season division 3 managed to produce. Same 3 boring dour clubs promoted as were relegated the previous year.

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 28 May 2018 08:14

Double d v2
Hendo
Double d v2
Sessegnon scored a great goal, he will be some oxf*rd great player (if spurs and man city don't get their hands on him).

Interested to know why you might say this? I think a club like Spurs would be a much better fit for him than any of the other 'big' clubs and they took one G. Bale at a young age and turned him into one of the best players in the world.

Possibly, I was probably more leaning towards man city (And should have said Chelsea instead of spurs) tbh.

I kind of agree that Spurs would be a good place for him if he leaves Fulham, however, Bale took a couple of years to kick on at Spurs and was quite the object of ridicule with his early form and Spurs not winning if he played. Spurs were a bit of a different club back then too, and clubs didn't stockpile young talent to quite the same degree as they do now.

I'd still be worried Sessegnon wouldn't play enough games if he were to leave Fulham, wherever he chose to go. I think he just needs to play, not spend 2 or 3 years fighting to get into a side.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 28 May 2018 08:51

Hoop Blah
Double d v2
Hendo
Interested to know why you might say this? I think a club like Spurs would be a much better fit for him than any of the other 'big' clubs and they took one G. Bale at a young age and turned him into one of the best players in the world.

Possibly, I was probably more leaning towards man city (And should have said Chelsea instead of spurs) tbh.

I kind of agree that Spurs would be a good place for him if he leaves Fulham, however, Bale took a couple of years to kick on at Spurs and was quite the object of ridicule with his early form and Spurs not winning if he played. Spurs were a bit of a different club back then too, and clubs didn't stockpile young talent to quite the same degree as they do now.

I'd still be worried Sessegnon wouldn't play enough games if he were to leave Fulham, wherever he chose to go. I think he just needs to play, not spend 2 or 3 years fighting to get into a side.

With Bale at Spurs, didn't Redknapp essentially see him as a LB and only ever played him there. It didn't really work out to the extent I believe a loan move to Forest had been agreed in principle.

Then Spurs had a bit of an injury crisis and Bale was pushed into a more forward thinking role to cover for the injuries and the rest, as they say, is history. Would be interesting* to see where Bale's career would be now if he had ended up on loan at Forest.

126 posts