Thatcham Town FA Vase Final

The Cube

Re: Thatcham Town FA Vase Final

by The Cube » 20 May 2018 17:34

Very enjoyable game - Thatcham had lots of chances but only scored from a penalty (which I thought at the time looked a soft decision). Some desperate defending kept Stockton out towards the end. Clearly a lot of Reading fans in attendance.

Both teams had a better right back than Gunter (I skipped the Trophy final, but I expect there were two more on show there).

Double d v2

by Double d v2 » 20 May 2018 23:09

Was a great game and a great day out there at Wembley today.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 21 May 2018 09:37

The Cube
Both teams had a better right back than Gunter (I skipped the Trophy final, but I expect there were two more on show there).

I didn't watch either game, but I seriously doubt that.

However, if so, Wales and other top 25 footballing nations might want to look into the non-league for their next international right backs :!:

Gunny Fishcake
Hob Nob Regular

by Gunny Fishcake » 21 May 2018 11:46

What a fantastic day, so wonderful to come away from Wembley knowing what it's like to win there . Thatcham Town indeed Stockton as well gave everything and it was a great game to watch played in a tremendous spirit.

Well done Thatcham Town !

Green
Hob Nob Legend

by Green » 21 May 2018 13:46

Sutekh
Hoop Blah
The Royal Forester Seems strange that a Trade Union Council would want to own a football club, well away from where they are based.

It was tied in with running the bars, and/or security, at the Festival. When they lost the contract for the festival it made the football club and it's facilities surplus to requirements and they ran it into the ground.

So the club allowed itself to be taken over by a business basically only interested in one 3 day festival a year in the town? You’d have thought alarm bells would have been ringing right from the off especially when considering the reason that any opportunity the union would have had to make money out of it would be regularly put out to tender.

You’d think they’d have had the decency to at least waited for the end of that season though - and I bet it wouldn’t have happened if it had been Wandsworth Town.

Perhaps Highmoor Ibis should now change their name to Reading Ibis and stay there permanently.

+1, what was this, some sort of money laundering device?

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 22 May 2018 14:03

Hendo
The Cube

I didn't watch either game, but I seriously doubt that.

However, if so, Wales and other top 25 footballing nations might want to look into the non-league for their next international right backs :!:

Absolutely mental st8ment. Apart from anything I'm pretty sure that if Gunts was defending against Stockton (or Thatcham) even people on here would think he'd coped with the threat