El Classico Saudia

5 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Dick Habbin's hairdo
Hob Nob Regular

El Classico Saudia

by Dick Habbin's hairdo » 25 Oct 2018 12:37

I'm off to watch El Classico this evening - the Saudi version between Al Hilal and Al Ittihad.

I'll shout my usual Arabic "hello" to Ali Al Habsi and, after surviving the 'Wall last Saturday, I'll make sure to be well tooled up with my mob of Saudi Scorpions.... wheelz at the ready.

Old Man Andrews

Re: El Classico Saudia

by Old Man Andrews » 25 Oct 2018 12:40

Dick Habbin's hairdo I'm off to watch El Classico this evening - the Saudi version between Al Hilal and Al Ittihad.

I'll shout my usual Arabic "hello" to Ali Al Habsi and, after surviving the 'Wall last Saturday, I'll make sure to be well tooled up with my mob of Saudi Scorpions.... wheelz at the ready.

Please don't get yourself chopped up and dissolved in acid pal.

Dick Habbin's hairdo
Hob Nob Regular

by Dick Habbin's hairdo » 25 Oct 2018 13:02

Old Man Andrews Please don't get yourself chopped up and dissolved in acid pal.

No chance, matey - the Scorpions are ready... we've just done some running checks with liberal application of 3-in-1 and some WD40....

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 25 Oct 2018 13:47

Dick Habbin's hairdo I'm off to watch El Classico this evening - the Saudi version between Al Hilal and Al Ittihad.

Class. Would appreciate stadium pics if possible

Dick Habbin's hairdo
Hob Nob Regular

by Dick Habbin's hairdo » 25 Oct 2018 23:58

Well, that was interesting. Tight little 25,000 capacity ground sold out. 4,000 or so Ittihad fans who were completely bonkers all game making themselves heard over Hilal fans who were also completely mental all game.

Finished 3-1 to champions Hilal but that really flattered them with two lucky /unfortunate pens. Despite the presence of most of the Saudi national team players plus seasoned pros like Gomis and, of course, AAH, the game was really National League standard.

The pitch was shocking which made it very difficult to play decent footy and, in fact, I think it was quite dangerous because it was so slow. It looked green and flat and well cut but I think it has that tight knit grass that the ball 'sticks' to, or something.

Ali had no chance with the Ittihad goal, a quick turn and a rasping shot from 15 yards or so.

I have a couple of videos and some stills of the crowd but am too technically challenged to know how to post them. :roll:

Have to say, a far better atmosphere than I've seen at a footy match for many years (- although Zurich Grasshoppers came close a couple of years ago.)

5 posts   •   Page 1 of 1