The generic transfer thread

10373 posts
Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

Re: The generic transfer thread

by Sanguine » 06 Jun 2018 09:05

Only if Sarri agitates enough to move that Napoli drop the £7m release clause.

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 06 Jun 2018 09:40

genome
John Smith
Sutekh Well at least that'll make it easier for Reading to re-sign Alex Pearce.

The stuff of the worst nightmares.

Hands down the worst footballer ever to appear in Reading shirt. Dross.

Captained us to a league title. 8)

Err no he didn't

stealthpapes
Hob Nob Addict

by stealthpapes » 06 Jun 2018 09:54

John Smith
Sutekh Well at least that'll make it easier for Reading to re-sign Alex Pearce.

The stuff of the worst nightmares.

My favourite Alex Pearce moment came when he started jogging backwards in a game.

To my left, came the loud, not-so-dulcet tones of Floyd Streete shouting "caution, vehicle reversing, beep beep beep".

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 06 Jun 2018 09:58

John Smith
genome
John Smith The stuff of the worst nightmares.

Err no he didn't

Ah you're right, he was player of the season, not captain. My bad.

Do you not think it's a bit odd to claim that a Player of the Season in a league title-winning side is the worst footballer ever to appear in a Reading shirt?

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 06 Jun 2018 10:08

genome
John Smith
genome

Err no he didn't

Do you not think it's a bit odd to claim that a Player of the Season in a league title-winning side is the worst footballer ever to appear in a Reading shirt?

I think what's worse is the constant drivel you come out with on here, presumably during working hours. No wonder this country is going down the pan. I despair.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 06 Jun 2018 10:10

John Smith
genome
John Smith Err no he didn't

I think what's worse is the constant drivel you come out with on here, presumably during working hours. No wonder this country is going down the pan. I despair.

Nicely dodged.

BR0B0T
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by BR0B0T » 06 Jun 2018 20:30

United sign young RB Dalot

Manchester United is delighted to announce the signing of Diogo Dalot from FC Porto on a five-year contract, with an option to extend for a further year.

The 19-year-old Portugal Under-21 international came through the ranks of Porto's youth system. He made his debut in Portugal's Primeira Liga earlier this year.

Jose Mourinho said: “Diogo is an extremely talented young defender with all the qualities to quickly become a great player for this club. He has all the attributes that a full-back needs: physicality, tactical intelligence and technical quality, combined with a Porto Academy mentality which prepares players for the maturity they need at the professional level.

“In his age group, he is the best full-back in Europe and we all believe he has a bright future ahead of him at Manchester United.”

Diogo Dalot said: “Joining Manchester United is an unbelievable opportunity for me. I have grown up in Porto's Academy and I am so thankful for everything they have done for me. But the chance of coming to the biggest club in the world is something I just couldn't turn down.

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 07 Jun 2018 09:18

Liverpool apparently want Shaqiri - he has a relegation release clause from Stoke of around £12m.
They also apparently want Jan Oblak from Atletico, but don't want to pay his release clause of £80m.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 07 Jun 2018 09:19

Sanguine Liverpool apparently want Shaqiri - he has a relegation release clause from Stoke of around £12m.
They also apparently want Jan Oblak from Atletico, but don't want to pay his release clause of £80m.

Oblak will be a game changer, world class keeper.

Shaqiri would be low risk at that sort of price. Good squad addition.

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 08 Jun 2018 08:39

I guess in theory they might need some time to settle, but a big statement from Liverpool in a whole new midfield of Keita, Fabinho and now a confirmed Nabil Fekir (who in my view is the best of the lot) for £48m.

They just need a keeper now...

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 08 Jun 2018 08:49

A lot of talk that Real Madrid are close to signing 17 year old Brazilian Rodrygo Goes from Santos for about €40M. He has only started 9 league games for them.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 08 Jun 2018 08:52

Winston Biscuit A lot of talk that Real Madrid are close to signing 17 year old Brazilian Rodrygo Goes from Santos for about €40M. He has only started 9 league games for them.

No pressure on the kid then. Whatever happened to that Norwegian kid they signed? Assuming he is still in the Castilla side?

Edit: He's been on loan at Heerenveen for the last 18 months.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 08 Jun 2018 08:55

Stranded
Winston Biscuit A lot of talk that Real Madrid are close to signing 17 year old Brazilian Rodrygo Goes from Santos for about €40M. He has only started 9 league games for them.

No pressure on the kid then. Whatever happened to that Norwegian kid they signed? Assuming he is still in the Castilla side?

Was on loan at Heerenveen last season which is seemingly more his level. It is quite easy to stand out like a sore thumb at the age of 14 but things soon start to even themselves out. I feel a bit sorry for him in a footballing sense.

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 08 Jun 2018 09:00

Stranded

Martin Odegaard. Been on loan in the Dutch league for the past 18 months, From what I have read he has been a bit hit and miss but when on form has looked really good. He is still only 19 tbf

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 08 Jun 2018 09:48

Expect they'll do something similar to Vinicius Jr, who will officially join Real for this coming season, a year ahead of schedule. He might yet go back to Flamengo on another loan, but Real want to watch and coach him properly in pre-season.

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 08 Jun 2018 09:50

Sanguine

Expect they'll do something similar to Vinicius Jr, who will officially join Real for this coming season, a year ahead of schedule. He might yet go back to Flamengo on another loan, but Real want to watch and coach him properly in pre-season.

I like the stories that Santos won't negotiate with Barcelona over the sale of Goes unless they offer significantly more than the asking price due to them being so f*cked over during the sale of Neymar

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 08 Jun 2018 09:51

Winston Biscuit
Sanguine

I like the stories that Santos won't negotiate with Barcelona over the sale of Goes unless they offer significantly more than the asking price due to them being so f*cked over during the sale of Neymar

Yep - they apparently got less than €20m of his fee. Disgraceful.

BR0B0T
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by BR0B0T » 08 Jun 2018 10:44

Sanguine

Was thinking of starting a wonderkid thread...would be intrigued to find out how often they actually work out for them

Utd have Chong coming through who has that label

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 08 Jun 2018 11:15

BR0B0T
Sanguine

Was thinking of starting a wonderkid thread...would be intrigued to find out how often they actually work out for them

:shock:

BR0B0T
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by BR0B0T » 08 Jun 2018 11:29

Sanguine
BR0B0T
Sanguine

:shock:

yeah obvs goes to the same barber as Fellaini but plays like Giggs...srsly quick!

10373 posts