Rumour - Tomer Hemed

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Rumour - Tomer Hemed

by tidus_mi2 » 21 Aug 2017 22:35

linkenholtroyal Apparently West Ham want to put Andy Carroll out on loan for 6 months to gain fitness. Newcastle were interested but West Ham are not Keen on him going to a rival. Would prefer him going to the Champ. I'm not his biggest fan but he could fill in for Kermit whilst he recovers.

As a lone striker, Andy Carroll would actually be pretty amazing at this level, even if it is just to get him fitness, it would keep us going until our 2 strikers are fit and ready again.

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 21 Aug 2017 22:44

From Despair To Where?
Lower West Just confirmed. Brighton have signed Ghana striker Raphael Dwamena from FC Zurich.

Suggests that deal maybe possible.

£12m apparently, that's a fcuking huge gamble on a player who, albeit with an impressive goalscoring record in the second tier of Swiss and Austrian football, has never played top flight football.

Wood cost Burnley £15 million !

Madness.......

GazzTheSpaz

by GazzTheSpaz » 21 Aug 2017 23:18

tidus_mi2
linkenholtroyal Apparently West Ham want to put Andy Carroll out on loan for 6 months to gain fitness. Newcastle were interested but West Ham are not Keen on him going to a rival. Would prefer him going to the Champ. I'm not his biggest fan but he could fill in for Kermit whilst he recovers.

As a lone striker, Andy Carroll would actually be pretty amazing at this level, even if it is just to get him fitness, it would keep us going until our 2 strikers are fit and ready again.

Someone start this rumour on Twitter!

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 22 Aug 2017 03:13

Would be the perfect fit, because he's always oxf*rd injured.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 22 Aug 2017 06:50

Lower West
From Despair To Where?
Lower West Just confirmed. Brighton have signed Ghana striker Raphael Dwamena from FC Zurich.

Suggests that deal maybe possible.

£12m apparently, that's a fcuking huge gamble on a player who, albeit with an impressive goalscoring record in the second tier of Swiss and Austrian football, has never played top flight football.

Wood cost Burnley £15 million !

Madness.......

Woods is just an old fashioned big lump up front. Personally I think that's a terrible deal for Burnley

It all makes £8m for Oliviera or £6m for Hemed look a bargain.

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

by maffff » 22 Aug 2017 10:24

tidus_mi2

oxf*rd yes. Please.

Oilroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by Oilroyal » 22 Aug 2017 10:58

No more strikers on loan please.
With owners Dai Xiu Li, net worth 2.2billion and Dai Yongge worth 270 million, surely we can buy our own striker, maybe even 2

linkenholtroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by linkenholtroyal » 22 Aug 2017 11:32

Oilroyal No more strikers on loan please.
With owners Dai Xiu Li, net worth 2.2billion and Dai Yongge worth 270 million, surely we can buy our own striker, maybe even 2

The problem is not necessarily the money to buy players. its whether the club want to sell and whether the player wants to move to us. We could have bid 15 million for Chris Wood but Burnley would have come in and being in the Prem would have been more attractive to him. (Not saying we did). So yes they are worth a few quid but that doesn't mean we are going to go out and sign Messi.
If you were not aware aswell most people on here ideally would want a 20 goal a season striker with Championship experience and these are few and far between. most have already either moved club this summer or moved to the Prem. It is the infamous search for unicorn sh1t conundrum.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 22 Aug 2017 11:44

GazzTheSpaz
tidus_mi2

Someone has posted that he is a £9m perm target

MrSwickle

by MrSwickle » 22 Aug 2017 21:11

Andy Carrol is in the director's box for the Millwall game

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 22 Aug 2017 21:19

MrSwickle Andy Carrol is in the director's box for the Millwall game

After much peering and straining of heads trying to make out who is in the box, and only spotting a bloke in a hoodie, Tim and Ady reckon that that's inaccurate.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 22 Aug 2017 21:23

GazzTheSpaz
tidus_mi2

Well done chaps, whoever started it - both radio journos and two print journos fooled :lol:

ronnyroyal

by ronnyroyal » 22 Aug 2017 23:57

https://twitter.com/ag_chigwell/status/900038544902803456

Looks like he was in Chigwell early evening.

Also i bumped into John Swift outside with a very distinctive black cap and 'Givinchy' (sp?) hoody on - think that's a posh brand right? Anyway... he was in the directors box and as far as I could see he the only person under 40 y/o up there when I looked.

Norfolk Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Norfolk Royal » 23 Aug 2017 08:21

If our game was based on slinging high balls to the back post Andy Carroll would be a good shout. However it isn't.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 23 Aug 2017 08:35

Woah, he here he comes,
Watch out girl, he'll fcuk you up,
Woah, here he comes,
He's a wifebeater.

Well, that's Andy Carroll's song sorted.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 23 Aug 2017 08:51

Norfolk Royal If our game was based on slinging high balls to the back post Andy Carroll would be a good shout. However it isn't.

Bullshit. We play a lot in the air, it's part of the reason Kermorgant is so successful for us.

And as far as the back post goes, have you not seen literally any of our set pieces from the last x amount of years?

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 23 Aug 2017 09:03

There's just nothing about Carroll which makes this a good idea.
Wrong player, wrong personality, wrong timing, wrong costs.
There is no point signing a non match fit player as short term cover for players out injured for a few weeks !

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 23 Aug 2017 09:43

Nameless There's just nothing about Carroll which makes this a good idea.
Wrong player, wrong personality, wrong timing, wrong costs.
There is no point signing a non match fit player as short term cover for players out injured for a few weeks !

And he's a pikey. Although Semtex would be happy with that.

GazzTheSpaz

by GazzTheSpaz » 23 Aug 2017 14:11

linkenholtroyal
Oilroyal No more strikers on loan please.

The problem is not necessarily the money to buy players. its whether the club want to sell and whether the player wants to move to us. We could have bid 15 million for Chris Wood but Burnley would have come in and being in the Prem would have been more attractive to him. (Not saying we did). So yes they are worth a few quid but that doesn't mean we are going to go out and sign Messi.
If you were not aware aswell most people on here ideally would want a 20 goal a season striker with Championship experience and these are few and far between. most have already either moved club this summer or moved to the Prem. It is the infamous search for unicorn sh1t conundrum.

Maybe the reason we haven't signed Messi is because he doesn't have Championship experience?

Norfolk Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Norfolk Royal » 23 Aug 2017 14:14

CountryRoyal
Norfolk Royal If our game was based on slinging high balls to the back post Andy Carroll would be a good shout. However it isn't.

Bullshit. We play a lot in the air, it's part of the reason Kermorgant is so successful for us.

And as far as the back post goes, have you not seen literally any of our set pieces from the last x amount of years?

I was referring to our general play under Stam which does not rely on long balls. Carroll does not fit that mould and we would have to alter our style of play to accommodate him. That is why it would be an unlikely signing in my view.