Liam Moore to Brighton

489 posts
DOYLERSAROYALER
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Liam Moore to Brighton

by DOYLERSAROYALER » 27 Jul 2018 22:03

Surprised hes waited until being plastered across social media wearing the new kit as part of the new kit launch..to then decide a few hours later..."I'm off"

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 27 Jul 2018 22:24

DOYLERSAROYALER Surprised hes waited until being plastered across social media wearing the new kit as part of the new kit launch..to then decide a few hours later..."I'm off"

Because he is in charge of when the club release the kit...... They did the shoot a few weeks ago.

Denver Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Denver Royal » 27 Jul 2018 22:54

DOYLERSAROYALER Surprised hes waited until being plastered across social media wearing the new kit as part of the new kit launch..to then decide a few hours later..."I'm off"

Maybe he waited to see who we brought in over the Summer before deciding ‘I’m off’. Not saying that was the only factor, but maybe it played some part of it. Leaving it this late, he must have known he’d be leaving us in the lurch a bit. We have an important opening league game less than a week away now.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 27 Jul 2018 23:15

Uhh is this definite or are we still going off the word of one journalist?

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 27 Jul 2018 23:38

I’m going to wait to see what happens with this before I vehemently denounce him.

Muskrat
Hob Nob Regular

by Muskrat » 27 Jul 2018 23:55

Just refuse the request, simple as that. The clue is in the question - it's a request, which once refused, puts us back in control instead of inviting Brighton to make a derisory bid. If they really do want him, they'll have to match our (no doubt inflated) valuation or do one and look elsewhere...

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 28 Jul 2018 00:31

Muskrat Just refuse the request, simple as that. The clue is in the question - it's a request, which once refused, puts us back in control instead of inviting Brighton to make a derisory bid. If they really do want him, they'll have to match our (no doubt inflated) valuation or do one and look elsewhere...

Yep let's go into the season with our star player sulking around the squad and unsettling everyone.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 28 Jul 2018 04:43

A transfer request means as good as gone...

Good luck to him, let’s hope it’s all sorted out before Derby and Reading have someone lined up to replace him.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 28 Jul 2018 06:20

With Brighton always holding an interest and needing another home grown player, this was always likely to happen. Better now than this time next week

As said, wheels now need to get into motion to get his replacement in. Idea of McShane and O Shea as a CB pairing is genuinely terrifying

Muskrat
Hob Nob Regular

by Muskrat » 28 Jul 2018 08:59

Old Man Andrews
Muskrat Just refuse the request, simple as that. The clue is in the question - it's a request, which once refused, puts us back in control instead of inviting Brighton to make a derisory bid. If they really do want him, they'll have to match our (no doubt inflated) valuation or do one and look elsewhere...

Yep let's go into the season with our star player sulking around the squad and unsettling everyone.

Uh?? How do you know he's going to "sulk around the squad and unsettle everyone ? ". He'd still be the first name on the team sheet and with even more to prove to earn himself his move. My point was that Brighton will have to up their offer to get him instead of pushing against an open door.

Just granting his transfer request would be an unbelievable show of weaknesses IMO.

bobby1413
Hob Nob Addict

by bobby1413 » 28 Jul 2018 09:19

Muskrat
Old Man Andrews

Uh?? How do you know he's going to "sulk around the squad and unsettle everyone ? ". He'd still be the first name on the team sheet and with even more to prove to earn himself his move. My point was that Brighton will have to up their offer to get him instead of pushing against an open door.

Just granting his transfer request would be an unbelievable show of weaknesses IMO.

I understand your instinct to just say to him "No, you're in a contract, tough". But it's real life and real people we're dealing with and to do something like that can only ever be negative. Imagine you and your family wanted to move, you'd found a prospective job somewhere and you said to your boss you want to go and hand him your resignation letter. He refuses, says you're still in a contract and you have to continue coming in 9-5 for the next two years. I doubt you'd come bouncing into work after that, ready to make an impact and hit the targets.

I don't think it is a show of weakness. It happens all the time and that is just the way football works

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 28 Jul 2018 09:34

Well lets find out how great a professional he is. Or if he's just another overpaid, oversized toddler.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 28 Jul 2018 09:46

If Moore goes I’d place us as firm relegation candidates along with Rotherham.

bobby1413
Hob Nob Addict

by bobby1413 » 28 Jul 2018 09:50

I am confused. I thought Brighton made about 3 offers. Then gave up?

It also seemed that Moore was sticking around - or some were saying that.

Now he's handed in a transfer request at last minute? I wonder if the club knew this was coming or if it is a surprise to them.

If its the latter then they'll have no time at all to consider replacements

One Beer is never enough.

by One Beer is never enough. » 28 Jul 2018 09:51

Aren't we forgetting how he orchestrated his move here?

His history shows that when he wants to leave and his club won't let him he takes to social media... Let's see if he's grown up a little.

linkenholtroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by linkenholtroyal » 28 Jul 2018 09:54

Tbh I think we should hold out our best for 8million and baldock.
There are other good defenders out there we can pick up for reasonable money. Ones that spring to mind are Liam Lindsay, Grant Hanley, Patrick Bauer and begrudgingly Lamine Kone. Any one of these would probably jump at joining reading and we could probably get 2 of them and change for another wing option.
Don’t get me wrong I love Moore but holding on to him if a request has gone in is just futile.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 28 Jul 2018 10:54

I’m very sure he didn’t just wake up and decide to put in a request

No doubt his agent has been chatting tO Brighton etc, and it’s been rumbling for a while

We did almost certainly have replacements lined up and hopefully they are still available

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 28 Jul 2018 12:29

I think I'll only believe the transfer request story if he's not in the squad for the game today. If it turns out to be true, absolutely cash in, I'm sure if you look at all the situations where a club has refused a transfer request, most end up a mess.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 28 Jul 2018 12:37

I think it`s not so easy to just say let him go, before that happens we need a replacement to be lined up, has said before going into the season with our existing CB line up minus Moore is truly frightening.
And anyone that thinks that Brighton haven't been using this as a tool in the Baldock deal disillusioned.

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 28 Jul 2018 12:50

windermereROYAL I think it`s not so easy to just say let him go, before that happens we need a replacement to be lined up, has said before going into the season with our existing CB line up minus Moore is truly frightening.
And anyone that thinks that Brighton haven't been using this as a tool in the Baldock deal disillusioned.

We immediately have an acceptable partnership in McShane and Ilori with Blackett and O'Shea as backup but yes one injury and we're instantly looking quite vulnerable. Hopefully they scouted out a possible replacement the moment Brighton showed an interest, at worst we will still have a couple weeks to loan players in after the transfer window closes.

489 posts