The Local Journo Thread

888 posts
Old Man Andrews

Re: The Local Journo Thread

by Old Man Andrews » 29 Jul 2018 00:36

maffff
Old Man Andrews I reckon the kit thing could have been the final nail you know. Bet someone had a word from Reading FC.

No.

You really know nothing. I'd settle yourself down before you get yourself in trouble again, been a bad few days for you.

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

by maffff » 29 Jul 2018 01:51

Old Man Andrews
maffff
Old Man Andrews I reckon the kit thing could have been the final nail you know. Bet someone had a word from Reading FC.

No.

You really know nothing. I'd settle yourself down before you get yourself in trouble again, been a bad few days for you.

No trouble, what you whining about?

He's left purely of his own accord for his own personal reasons.

WAZZOCK

by WAZZOCK » 29 Jul 2018 10:54

And good riddance. A poisonous toad of a person.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 30 Jul 2018 12:37

McDermolenko Courtney Friday:

‘Small announcement. As of yesterday I resigned from my role. A difficult decision but one which will be a huge benefit to my career. Been a pleasure speaking to the vast majority of you. I hope to continue covering games to help out but will be far less active. It has been an absolute pleasure and I wish you all a far happier season than last year brought you. Stick together, back the team and most importantly enjoy yourselves. Sorry things haven’t always been perfect but did the best I could with limited time/resources’

Look what you lot done, big bunch’a bullies!

This can only be an improvement to the Chronicle's coverage of Reading FC. A truly appalling journalist if he can be called that. From my own experience, the negative comments you hear about him pretty much confirms his personality. If the right appointment is made, maybe just maybe Reading FC might be a bit more receptive to this media outlet.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 30 Jul 2018 12:41

maffff
Old Man Andrews
maffff
No.

He's right tbf mafff, you had an absolute shocker last week. I'd probably lay low for a little while.

Theroyalbox
Hob Nob Regular

by Theroyalbox » 30 Jul 2018 12:46

genome
maffff
Old Man Andrews

He's right tbf mafff, you had an absolute shocker last week. I'd probably lay low for a little while.

I really don't want Clement here either Mafff, but what you did. Just embarrassing.

IRjAy

by IRjAy » 30 Jul 2018 12:50

Old Man Andrews
Hound Agree to an extent, but press conferences and such like are a big part of trying to keep the fans feeling engaged with the club

Fully agree that whinging about it doesn’t help though, and I thought the retweeting of the leaked kit for example was an appalling misjudgement even though it seems a minor thing.

Sad thing is, again CFs actual report from the press conf after the game was pretty good and informative

I reckon the kit thing could have been the final nail you know. Bet someone had a word from Reading FC.

Nope. Purely down to career progression.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 30 Jul 2018 12:52

IRjAy
Old Man Andrews
Hound Agree to an extent, but press conferences and such like are a big part of trying to keep the fans feeling engaged with the club

Fully agree that whinging about it doesn’t help though, and I thought the retweeting of the leaked kit for example was an appalling misjudgement even though it seems a minor thing.

Sad thing is, again CFs actual report from the press conf after the game was pretty good and informative

I reckon the kit thing could have been the final nail you know. Bet someone had a word from Reading FC.

Nope. Purely down to career progression.

Evidence?

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 30 Jul 2018 13:09

IRjAy
Old Man Andrews

Nope. Purely down to saving his career

Yep

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

by maffff » 30 Jul 2018 13:52

Theroyalbox
genome He's right tbf mafff, you had an absolute shocker last week. I'd probably lay low for a little while.

I really don't want Clement here either Mafff, but what you did. Just embarrassing.

That's the great thing about opinions. I disagree.

And I ain't no shrinking violet, I'm going nowhere.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 30 Jul 2018 14:11

maffff
Theroyalbox
genome He's right tbf mafff, you had an absolute shocker last week. I'd probably lay low for a little while.

You stepped over the line and you know it. Just accept it and move on.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 30 Jul 2018 14:14

Old Man Andrews
maffff
Theroyalbox

Missed this. What happened?

Tilehurstsouthbank
Hob Nob Regular

by Tilehurstsouthbank » 30 Jul 2018 14:34

paultheroyal
Old Man Andrews
maffff

mafff had a Twitter meltdown. Was a bit cringe tbf. Sorry Mafff mate.

RoyalJones

by RoyalJones » 30 Jul 2018 14:41

maffff
Theroyalbox

Whatever people have to say about the local reporters, they seem like the most normal people on twitter at the moment, look at the state of the #readingfc hashtag at the moment, troll accounts, people responding to troll accounts giving them more ammunition and some people who can't accept other people's opinions. Look at the state of it. Although I think we should give Clement a bit of time, I do take your point and I see Clement as more of a coach than a manager, but time will tell. Feel sorry for you especially as one of your Twitter followers.

Theroyalbox
Hob Nob Regular

by Theroyalbox » 30 Jul 2018 15:09

RoyalJones
maffff
Theroyalbox

Whatever people have to say about the local reporters, they seem like the most normal people on twitter at the moment, look at the state of the #readingfc hashtag at the moment, troll accounts, people responding to troll accounts giving them more ammunition and some people who can't accept other people's opinions. Look at the state of it. Although I think we should give Clement a bit of time, I do take your point and I see Clement as more of a coach than a manager, but time will tell. Feel sorry for you especially as one of your Twitter followers.

To be honest the amount of weirdos on that readingfc hashtag is ridiculous, its so weird

LWJ
Hob Nob Addict
Location: Hobnob Prediction League Champion 2011/2012, 2020/2021

by LWJ » 31 Jul 2018 10:42

Maff if you could stop retweeting every joke transfer rumour from that joke account it would be great, thanks.

Maneki Neko
Hob Nob Legend

by Maneki Neko » 31 Jul 2018 12:16

Tilehurstsouthbank
paultheroyal
Old Man Andrews

mafff had a Twitter meltdown. Was a bit cringe tbf. Sorry Mafff mate.

defo embarrassing.
stopped following him after that.
didn't realise he was such a div

Theroyalbox
Hob Nob Regular

by Theroyalbox » 31 Jul 2018 12:21

mafff is having a stinker on this thread.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 31 Jul 2018 12:22

He must be on the spectrum somewhere. Absolutely zero self awareness.

Coppells Lost Coat
Hob Nob Regular

by Coppells Lost Coat » 31 Jul 2018 12:35

Clearly boozed up on the wind up thinking it was hilarious. He should probs admit that it was all a bit embarrassing.

888 posts