Loader to Bundesliga

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Loader to Bundesliga

by Snowflake Royal » 19 Nov 2018 17:38

It's simple really.

Give Loader a few chancesff the bench and in the cup as the season goes on. Extend his contract and get him a good lpan next year.

Nova comes back next yer and if he's had another good season goes into the squad. One of Bod, McNulty, Meite and Baldock moved on over the summer.

Year after another of Bod, Baldock, McNulty or Meite moved on and Loader enters the squad full time if he's had a good loan.

I like all our strikers, but a positively progressing Nova and Loader could easily displace them through natural squad wastage if they continue to excel. And leave room for a big signing.

But Loader simply isn't a realistic regular at this stage off the back of youth games whilst others are scoring well at senior level.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 20 Nov 2018 07:16

Yep pretty much how I see it

Like Bod, but he has proven to be injury prone. Baldock has a history of injuries

Need to drop wasters like Aluko from the squad and starting giving Loader the incentive to stay and be ready to step up if and when the regular 4 aren’t available

Coppells Lost Coat
Hob Nob Regular

by Coppells Lost Coat » 20 Nov 2018 08:52

Snowflake Royal It's simple really.

Give Loader a few chancesff the bench and in the cup as the season goes on. Extend his contract and get him a good lpan next year.

Nova comes back next yer and if he's had another good season goes into the squad. One of Bod, McNulty, Meite and Baldock moved on over the summer.

Year after another of Bod, Baldock, McNulty or Meite moved on and Loader enters the squad full time if he's had a good loan.

I like all our strikers, but a positively progressing Nova and Loader could easily displace them through natural squad wastage if they continue to excel. And leave room for a big signing.

Yeah in theory that is ideal. I dont htink at this stage we should be considering getting rid of our strikers, they are scoring well in a shocking team. It is an easy decision to make in my eyes - drop Aluko from the bench put Loader on it.

Meite isnt going anywhere with his new contract unless a decent offer comes in and lets face it if we sell him for big then promote Loader or Nova to the line up people are not gunna be happy.
McNulty and Baldock have just arrived so I cant see them being moved on permanently any time soon.
So that leaves Bod who a few weeks ago was our best striker and a hero.
There is no losers here - if the strikers are keeping him out of the team it is probably because they are doing well which for the team is great. You cant drop / sell players because we might lose an academy prospect. And we probably wont lose as he will command a fee and we'll hopefully chuck on a large sell on clause.
Its a massive jump from youth matches to first team - look at Smith at Oxford, not really setting the world alight there is he.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 20 Nov 2018 09:06

Coppells Lost Coat

Yeah in theory that is ideal. I dont htink at this stage we should be considering getting rid of our strikers, they are scoring well in a shocking team. It is an easy decision to make in my eyes - drop Aluko from the bench put Loader on it.

Meite isnt going anywhere with his new contract unless a decent offer comes in and lets face it if we sell him for big then promote Loader or Nova to the line up people are not gunna be happy.
McNulty and Baldock have just arrived so I cant see them being moved on permanently any time soon.
There is no losers here - if the strikers are keeping him out of the team it is probably because they are doing well which for the team is great. You cant drop / sell players because we might lose an academy prospect. And we probably wont lose as he will command a fee and we'll hopefully chuck on a large sell on clause.
Its a massive jump from youth matches to first team - look at Smith at Oxford, not really setting the world alight there is he.

I think grammar is the only loser in this situation.

Coppells Lost Coat
Hob Nob Regular

by Coppells Lost Coat » 20 Nov 2018 09:51

Old Man Andrews
Coppells Lost Coat

I can only apologise.
However, now i cant stop reading that in a west country accent.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 20 Nov 2018 09:55

Coppells Lost Coat
Old Man Andrews
Coppells Lost Coat

I can only apologise.
However, now i cant stop reading that in a west country accent.

West Country? There definitely is losers then. Lots of them. :D

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 20 Nov 2018 15:47

Coppells Lost Coat Its a massive jump from youth matches to first team - look at Smith at Oxford, not really setting the world alight there is he.

Depends if you are good enough or not. Half of Loader's England team mates have got games in the Prem - Sancho played for the England 1st, Phil Foden is getting minutes for Man City etc

Smith looked desperately average for us last year, and don't really remember him pulling up many trees in the U23, bar one hat-trick. Two totally different players

Coppells Lost Coat
Hob Nob Regular

by Coppells Lost Coat » 20 Nov 2018 16:35

Hound
Coppells Lost Coat Its a massive jump from youth matches to first team - look at Smith at Oxford, not really setting the world alight there is he.

Depends if you are good enough or not. Half of Loader's England team mates have got games in the Prem - Sancho played for the England 1st, Phil Foden is getting minutes for Man City etc

Smith looked desperately average for us last year, and don't really remember him pulling up many trees in the U23, bar one hat-trick. Two totally different players

Yeah I understand that, but maybe when you play for someone like city and have a 2/3 goal lead - slinging on a youngster for 5/10 minutes is slightly easier than if your a struggling team.
Most of who he plays with still are playing in U23 games though and in all fairness, if he is actually wanting to move because he thinks he is better than who we are fielding then maybe he isn't what we need right now. If he was playing in CM then yeah I see it, but we are not having problems scoring.
Lets face it, this potential move is more than likely BS agent talk to bump his wages up.

Brain Traysers

by Brain Traysers » 20 Nov 2018 17:11

Snowflake Royal
John Smith
Snowflake Royal We're not struggling for goals though.

Baldock has 4 in 12(2) = 1 goal every 3 starts

That is a crap return! He also missed two sitters in the last 10 vs. Ipswich that should have won the game. Drop him, sell McNulty and get the young lad starting up top.

1 in 3 is the standard for a good second striker, equals 15 goals in a season. Anything below 1 in 3 is outstanding.

...two of which were penalties - leaving him with 1 in 6 from open play (or one per 530 mins), which is less than stellar for a striker, especially a big money one. Even though he hasn't been playing as an out and out striker, he has been a disappointment for me.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 20 Nov 2018 18:58

Brain Traysers
Snowflake Royal
John Smith That is a crap return! He also missed two sitters in the last 10 vs. Ipswich that should have won the game. Drop him, sell McNulty and get the young lad starting up top.

1 in 3 is the standard for a good second striker, equals 15 goals in a season. Anything below 1 in 3 is outstanding.

...two of which were penalties - leaving him with 1 in 6 from open play (or one per 530 mins), which is less than stellar for a striker, especially a big money one. Even though he hasn't been playing as an out and out striker, he has been a disappointment for me.

Penalties are still goals. And he's never had a stellar scoring record so why this would disappoint you is beyond me.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 20 Nov 2018 19:20

John Smith
Old Man Andrews McNulty simply has to go in January. Ship him out on loan to a League 1 team and be done with it.

Without a doubt. Was destined for failure.

Hardly been given a chance by the idiot that signed him, has he?!

Perhaps if Clem the Clown had given McNulty a chance and persisted with him like he has with the much more expensive disappointment Aluko, he would have fulfilled the potential he was showing and come good at this level.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 20 Nov 2018 19:21

Snowflake Royal
Brain Traysers
Snowflake Royal 1 in 3 is the standard for a good second striker, equals 15 goals in a season. Anything below 1 in 3 is outstanding.

Penalties are still goals. And he's never had a stellar scoring record so why this would disappoint you is beyond me.

Yep, we could take him off penalty duty now McCleary is back and go back to our old tactic of scoring penalties from rebounds!

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 20 Nov 2018 19:54

RoyalBlue
John Smith
Old Man Andrews McNulty simply has to go in January. Ship him out on loan to a League 1 team and be done with it.

Perhaps if Clem the Clown had given McNulty a chance and persisted with him like he has with the much more expensive disappointment Aluko, he would have fulfilled the potential he was showing and come good at this level.

We are scoring goals so McNulty is in the same position as Loader as regards starting.

If the goals dry up then he may get a chance but right now why should he get past Meite who is scoring or Baldock who, while I'm not a fan, has experience at this level and is more versatile than McNulty?

Mike Hunt
Hob Nob Regular

by Mike Hunt » 20 Nov 2018 22:33

RoyalBlue
John Smith

Yeah, I have liked the look of McNulty in the odd cameo here and there he has had.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 21 Nov 2018 07:38

RoyalBlue
John Smith

You realise Aluko hasn't played for weeks and has started less than half our games right? And that McNulty has had one less appearance? And that McNulty is behind strikers who are playing well and scoring?

There's only one clown, and it's not Clement, it's you.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 21 Nov 2018 07:58

Snowflake Royal
RoyalBlue
John Smith Without a doubt. Was destined for failure.

You realise Aluko hasn't played for weeks and has started less than half our games right? And that McNulty has had one less appearance? And that McNulty is behind strikers who are playing well and scoring?

Rare agreed with Ian Royal on a football matter.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 21 Nov 2018 12:27

Old Man Andrews
Snowflake Royal
RoyalBlue

Tbf the Team Board is Billy Smarts Circus.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 21 Nov 2018 18:02

leon
Old Man Andrews
Snowflake Royal You realise Aluko hasn't played for weeks and has started less than half our games right? And that McNulty has had one less appearance? And that McNulty is behind strikers who are playing well and scoring?

Tbf the Team Board is Billy Smarts Circus.

Maybe so, but that was still a particularly clueless post

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 22 Nov 2018 14:31

PC has said 'Loader is part of the first team squad now'.

So hopefully we will start to see a bit of him. Barrow possibly out on Saturday, so McCleary in and Loader on the bench I suspect

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 22 Nov 2018 16:40

Hound PC has said 'Loader is part of the first team squad now'.

So hopefully we will start to see a bit of him. Barrow possibly out on Saturday, so McCleary in and Loader on the bench I suspect

makes a bit of a mockery of the claims Clement wouldn't give youth a chance.