Rumour - Tyler Blackett to Wigan

Crowbar6753

Re: Rumour - Tyler Blackett to Wigan

by Crowbar6753 » 29 Jan 2019 17:41

I just posted on the Tiago Ilori thread, that there is a good player in there somewhere, and i really believe the same with Blackett? he has been much improved this year but i really don't know where his best position is? I think he is a better CB than LB and he can do a half decent job at LB.
However, LB has been an issue for 2/3 yrs now and i really cannot believe we haven't gone out and got ourselves a natural player who is suited to this role. Richards is work in progress but clearly not what we need for a relegation scrap!! and i really think Obita is done.
There are talks on another thread about Taarabt? We cannot afford luxury players in a scrap!! i would much prefer a full time LB to give us balance to the back four, especially with Barrow going AWOL on defensive duties.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 29 Jan 2019 18:43

When you have a bloated shit squad, Blackett is the player you keep not the one you flog.

He's not great but he is competent in two positions, which means keep him and you can move on two others instead (Ilori and Richards for example).

If he goes, we become desperately short at the back. Of the players you could expect to be able to put a decent reliable showing in for a good bunch of the last 17 games you have:

Yiadom, Moore, Miazga, Gunter.

Richards isn't up to playing regularly
O'Shea is too slow too old and too liable to spend half the time injured
McShane has been a liability for 18 months
Obita isn't playing this season
McIntyre is out still and you're grasping at straws expecting him to put in consistently good performances regularly, so just praying for no injuries or suspensions to your only two decent senior CBs, one who hasn't played a single minute for you yet.

Brain Traysers

by Brain Traysers » 29 Jan 2019 20:11

Snowflake Royal He's not great but he is competent in two positions, which means keep him and you can move on two others instead (Ilori and Richards for example).

I agree with the overall idea, but not this bit. Illori is a much better CB, and only a slightly worse full back (albeit RB vs LB) than Blackett imo. But only one has a decent value so it makes sense Tiago is seemingly on his way out this window

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 29 Jan 2019 20:35

Brain Traysers
Snowflake Royal He's not great but he is competent in two positions, which means keep him and you can move on two others instead (Ilori and Richards for example).

I agree with the overall idea, but not this bit. Illori is a much better CB, and only a slightly worse full back (albeit RB vs LB) than Blackett imo. But only one has a decent value so it makes sense Tiago is seemingly on his way out this window

TBF, I only picked Ilori because he'd already gone by that point.