BFTG Brighton

Will95
Hob Nob Regular

BFTG Brighton

by Will95 » 16 Mar 2016 08:07

Shocking again, particular highlights were Hectors sitter miss and John and Williams utter ineptitude. Brighton had a lot of wayward passes but we only looked to capatalise on that once or twice in the game. 299 Reading fans there, poor, but I can't blame anyone for not turning up to see that. At least there's nothing left to play for.
Last edited by Will95 on 16 Mar 2016 09:27, edited 1 time in total.

Maneki Neko
Hob Nob Legend

Re: BFTG Brighton

by Maneki Neko » 16 Mar 2016 09:13

ill actually take a 1-0 to high flying brighton after crashing out of the cup.
dull and uninspiring, but didn't really expect much more.

john must sort his shooting out, its literally pointless doing all the skills and flicks, and step overs if he then refuses to stick it in the back of the old onion bag.

oh well. we move on

frimmers3
Hob Nob Addict

by frimmers3 » 16 Mar 2016 10:25

A t least some of you made the effort to attend this relatively near by fixture.

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 16 Mar 2016 10:30

Are you sure you're not Kes's dad?

No Fixed Abode

by No Fixed Abode » 16 Mar 2016 10:38

Maneki Neko ill actually take a 1-0 to high flying brighton after crashing out of the cup.

john must sort his shooting out, its literally pointless doing all the skills and flicks, and step overs if he then refuses to stick it in the back of the old onion bag.

oh well. we move on

But things are improving. Aren't they?

No Fixed Abode

by No Fixed Abode » 16 Mar 2016 10:39

frimmers3

A t least some of you made the effort to attend this relatively near by fixture.

Holy Cow. :lol:

Will95
Hob Nob Regular

by Will95 » 16 Mar 2016 10:41

frimmers3

Very dissapointed with my personal support this season, 1 missed in 2013-14, 1 in 2014-15 and I'll have missed 6 this season :cry:

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 16 Mar 2016 11:21

I thought last night was quite similar to the Leicester v Newcastle game on Monday night; we weren't actually that bad, just failed to take/execute chances.

Vydra seemed too hesitant to pull the trigger, eventually when he did the keeper spilled it and you'd want anyone but Mike Hector on the follow up and unfortunately he skied it. On another day that goes in and we could maybe be talking about a hard earned point and how Brighton aren't that special and other threads reading far too deeply into the club's ethic wouldn't be made.

GetReading has Williams as MOTM which is probably fair. Ola John looked useful too in stages. Brighton goal was a sweeping counter attack and well taken to be fair.

re. the support - it's one of the worst situated grounds to get to in the country, parking is impossible, shuttles to the station take forever. And it was 30 quid. And our season is over. And it doesn't take 90 mins to get to Brighton from Reading. Can't wait to see the turnout for Boro away.

Will95
Hob Nob Regular

by Will95 » 16 Mar 2016 11:28

John Smith I thought last night was quite similar to the Leicester v Newcastle game on Monday night; we weren't actually that bad, just failed to take/execute chances.

Vydra seemed too hesitant to pull the trigger, eventually when he did the keeper spilled it and you'd want anyone but Mike Hector on the follow up and unfortunately he skied it. On another day that goes in and we could maybe be talking about a hard earned point and how Brighton aren't that special and other threads reading far too deeply into the club's ethic wouldn't be made.

GetReading has Williams as MOTM which is probably fair. Ola John looked useful too in stages. Brighton goal was a sweeping counter attack and well taken to be fair.

re. the support - it's one of the worst situated grounds to get to in the country, parking is impossible, shuttles to the station take forever. And it was 30 quid. And our season is over. And it doesn't take 90 mins to get to Brighton from Reading. Can't wait to see the turnout for Boro away.

The consistent failure to take chances is becoming a serious problem though (Charlton aside). John was okay on the ball but he had a serious issue with his final ball and staying on his feet, and Williams first touch was horrible. Brighton weren't that special but they ploughed on and came out with a win against our distinctly average side who haven't shown up since October in the league.

And on the support, I got home at about 2am thanks to traffic, crap park and ride buses and road closures. 4 hours to get back from Brighton, cannot blame anyone for avoiding that bollocks. Wish I could go Boro, be an experience with the 50-100 other fans there!

Jimmys sock

by Jimmys sock » 16 Mar 2016 12:23

Re Will95
Think it's time for some on here to take their head out of their arses if they think there's nothing to play for.
Defeat against Cardiff and a Rotherham win on Saturday would mean just a 5 point gap from the drop zone.
With 10 games still to play I suggest there's a shit load to play for! :roll:

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 16 Mar 2016 12:41

Massive LOL @ (apparent) adults who care how many visiting supporters attend a football match :lol: Grow up.

The 299 who attended have my utmost respect/sympathy.

Nomad_Royal

by Nomad_Royal » 16 Mar 2016 12:43

As one of the hardy 299 souls who made the trip I didn't think that overall we were as bad as some of the reaction on social media warranted. Yes we are frustrating to watch sometimes and ineffective up front but following on from the Palace disappointment and the fact we have nothing to play for the performance was not totally unexpected against a side challenging for promotion.

Defensively I thought we were okay, keeping Brighton from having too many chances, We were caught by a very quick well executed counter attacking move which reminded me a lot of the Reading 2005/6 approach.

But going forward with any speed or urgency especially away from home to me seems to be exactly what we are missing at the moment. Perhaps it is simply confidence to get forward but we tap the ball backwards and forwards across the defense which is incredibly frustrating and then when we do actually move forward promptly loose the ball with a sloppy pass ( something Brighton did a lot too) or simply run out of ideas and end up passing it back. The inability of midfield and our forwards to communicate is worrying.

Still I remain confident that Brian will, given time, get things right.

And one final point ...the trip back...whoever organised for closure on the M25, M3 and M4 all on the same night needs taking out and shooting

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 16 Mar 2016 12:47

No Fixed Abode
frimmers3

Holy Cow. :lol:

That picture was taken from the away end.

No Fixed Abode

by No Fixed Abode » 16 Mar 2016 12:50

Nice try Pepe! :lol:

Maneki Neko
Hob Nob Legend

by Maneki Neko » 16 Mar 2016 12:55

No Fixed Abode
Maneki Neko ill actually take a 1-0 to high flying brighton after crashing out of the cup.

oh well. we move on

But things are improving. Aren't they?

God youre dull on here.
Real life Kes>>>>>>>Internet Kes

Defo improved.conceding fewer.losing fewer.defence better.

Considering his two best strikers were sold I think the decrease in attacking threat is predictable.

On top of all that all sorts of indirect, Hard to measure things are up.
Things like spirit.mental toughness. Togetherness with fans, having a manager I like, the general soul and feel of the club.

So yes. They have improved. Alot.imo.
Once the badly imbalanced squad is sorted in the summer ill be even happier.

LWJ
Hob Nob Addict
Location: Hobnob Prediction League Champion 2011/2012, 2020/2021

by LWJ » 16 Mar 2016 12:58

Was very tempted for this before they released the pricing.

£30 for a minimum 2hr trip on a Tuesday night and a half days holiday?

I don't get the love in with John, and following from comments about last night would like to see him dropped to the bench.

Will95
Hob Nob Regular

by Will95 » 16 Mar 2016 13:04

LWJ Was very tempted for this before they released the pricing.

£30 for a minimum 2hr trip on a Tuesday night and a half days holiday?

I don't get the love in with John, and following from comments about last night would like to see him dropped to the bench.

Or no time off work, left Basinsgtoke at 5, arrived at the park and ride 6.45, got back at 2, slept until 6.30, in work at 7.40, just got to deal with being tired! It does help it was only £22 for me though... And to be honest I only decided I was going on Monday.

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 16 Mar 2016 13:15

Nomad_Royal As one of the hardy 299 souls who made the trip I didn't think that overall we were as bad as some of the reaction on social media warranted. Yes we are frustrating to watch sometimes and ineffective up front but following on from the Palace disappointment and the fact we have nothing to play for the performance was not totally unexpected against a side challenging for promotion.

Defensively I thought we were okay, keeping Brighton from having too many chances, We were caught by a very quick well executed counter attacking move which reminded me a lot of the Reading 2005/6 approach.

But going forward with any speed or urgency especially away from home to me seems to be exactly what we are missing at the moment. Perhaps it is simply confidence to get forward but we tap the ball backwards and forwards across the defense which is incredibly frustrating and then when we do actually move forward promptly loose the ball with a sloppy pass ( something Brighton did a lot too) or simply run out of ideas and end up passing it back. The inability of midfield and our forwards to communicate is worrying.

Still I remain confident that Brian will, given time, get things right.

And one final point ...the trip back...whoever organised for closure on the M25, M3 and M4 all on the same night needs taking out and shooting

Nice summary there.

Gordons Cumming
Hob Nob Addict

by Gordons Cumming » 16 Mar 2016 13:22

On the BBC website:

"Midfielder John also failed to direct a shot on target from six yards out as he was distracted by an onrushing David Stockdale."

How annoying of the goalkeeper to come rushing out of his goal to narrow the angle.

How annoyingly distracting.......................................

Pandoras Box

by Pandoras Box » 16 Mar 2016 13:48

Jimmys sock Re Will95
Think it's time for some on here to take their head out of their arses if they think there's nothing to play for.
Defeat against Cardiff and a Rotherham win on Saturday would mean just a 5 point gap from the drop zone.
With 10 games still to play I suggest there's a shit load to play for! :roll:

Agree - for a different reason. Here's a thought, how about trying to create a better team with a winning mind set now, so we have the team up and running for next season where we could only improve.
No let's all do f... all, scuffing our feet and saying what's the point for the last ten games and then as usual suddenly try and build a worthy team with a week to go before the new season playing the likes of Exeter Town FFS.