Back From The Match - Preston

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: Back From The Match - Preston

by Sutekh » 19 Aug 2017 16:52

So is it down to the lack of a striker or is it down to a lack of creativity amongst those getting into forward positions - after all if you're not really creating anything then having a Jimmy Greaves in his prime isn't going to make the slightest difference

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 19 Aug 2017 16:57

Getting close to writing this season off. Its clear we are an utter sack of s*ite away from home and it's clear it's not going to improve.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 19 Aug 2017 16:58

Ascotexgunner Getting close to writing this season off. Its clear we are an utter sack of s*ite away from home and it's clear it's not going to improve.

Kind of like last season?

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 19 Aug 2017 16:58

Ascotexgunner Getting close to writing this season off. Its clear we are an utter sack of s*ite away from home and it's clear it's not going to improve.

:|

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 19 Aug 2017 17:04

Ascotexgunner Getting close to writing this season off.

Fcuk

Ing

Hell

:lol: :lol: :lol:

seahawk10
Hob Nob Regular
Location: One kick. A royal kick! There's more in Reading yet!

by seahawk10 » 19 Aug 2017 17:07

I finally got my iFollow sorted so I was just happy to watch the match. I like what I see in Mo Barrow. Too bad Liam Kelly got hurt. Our problem today was that last cross or pass was just poor. I think Stam will fix it, the players need time to gel.

bobby1413
Hob Nob Addict

by bobby1413 » 19 Aug 2017 17:09

Genuine Question:

Are we getting a ridiculous amount of injuries, not just this season but in general? I'm thinking it is every team that just gets injuries like this but the paranoid side of me was thinking it was a bit weird and OTT

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 19 Aug 2017 17:11

seahawk10 I finally got my iFollow sorted so I was just happy to watch the match. I like what I see in Mo Barrow. Too bad Liam Kelly got hurt. Our problem today was that last cross or pass was just poor. I think Stam will fix it, the players need time to gel.

Interesting. I thought it was the first pass that was shit.

And the second if there ever was one.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 19 Aug 2017 17:26

bobby1413 Genuine Question:

Are we getting a ridiculous amount of injuries, not just this season but in general? I'm thinking it is every team that just gets injuries like this but the paranoid side of me was thinking it was a bit weird and OTT

Yeah injuries have massively hurt us so far imo

What's going on with Joey? And then losing Swift and Kelly disastrous. Not saying it would have changed the result but still a big impact

PieEater
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by PieEater » 19 Aug 2017 17:31

We started off OK playing our normal game for a few minutes but then as soon as Preston started to get at us we just played hoofball and got out fought all over the pitch in a scrappy game. Preston were just more competitive and up for it than us, it wasn't helped by a card happy homer of a ref that encouraged us to back off challenging whilst they fell over at the slightest touch.

Their goal was well worked and that was really the only bit of quality play all game, their other chances were breakaways from our corners or from our misplaced passes and Manone really kept us in with a hope of getting something.

The team just didn't seem up for it and as soon as we lost Kelly and Swift that was it until close to the end when Preston sat back and were quite happy to let us pass it around going nowhere.

We only really had one chance and that was a header from Mendes off a free kick, otherwise our play was pretty well devoid of attack or entertainment. Barrow and Popa were our only threat but neither had a final ball. Bacuna was anonymous for a debut.

On the plus sides the pies were excellent, the meat and potato pie was so nice I thought I'd them try the local speciality Butter pie, that was a mistake and I now feel quite ill and over-pied. That will curtail this evening's beers.

Oilroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by Oilroyal » 19 Aug 2017 17:47

Swifty and Kelly were big dents to any potential build up play around the box. Even so, shame we couldn’t have come away with a draw, would have been an improvement on QPR

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 19 Aug 2017 18:09

Pepe the Horseman

No, last season we had "moments"........This season we have offered absolutely NOTHING in our two away matches so far. Blame injuries by all means.....but for me that doesn't wash. Even with injuries we should be creating the odd decent chance.........not sweet fa. If this poor run continues and and we can't keep the home form going top 6 is going to get further away. This season I think the championship is stronger depthwise.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 19 Aug 2017 18:11

Ascotexgunner
Pepe the Horseman

No, last season we had "moments"........This season we have offered absolutely NOTHING in our two away matches so far. Blame injuries by all means.....but for me that doesn't wash. Even with injuries we should be creating the odd decent chance.........not sweet fa. If this poor run continues and and we can't keep the home form going top 6 is going to get further away. This season I think the championship is stronger depthwise.

You're not actually being serious are you?

Longhorn1970
Hob Nob Regular

by Longhorn1970 » 19 Aug 2017 18:18

Ascotexgunner
Pepe the Horseman

A bit of a roller coaster ride, but a long way to go ...

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 19 Aug 2017 18:24

CountryRoyal
Ascotexgunner
Pepe the Horseman Kind of like last season?

You're not actually being serious are you?

Sadly I am...I just hope I'm proved wrong over the next few months.

Kitsondinho
Hob Nob Addict
Location: at a cricket ground somewhere around the country........

by Kitsondinho » 19 Aug 2017 18:30

Just got in. Do I not like orange.

First time I've seen us this year. My thoughts are

1) Barrow is quality.
2) Vito can't pass but can shot stop (AAH all over again)
3) Did Clement even play?
4) Would the real Mendes please stand up
5) Tyler Blackett isn't a left back.
6) Our defence is still made of biscuits.
7) Preston is nice in the sunshine.

Forty

by Forty » 19 Aug 2017 18:33

Kitsondinho Just got in. Do I not like orange.

1) Barrow is quality.

Didn't go to the game. Going to Preston is a bit like connecting the mains to your nuts. You have to do it once, then you know it's just not all it's cracked up to be. So. 1-6 all fair enough. 7? There's not enough sunshine in the world to make that ever even plausible.

bobby1413
Hob Nob Addict

by bobby1413 » 19 Aug 2017 18:42

Kitsondinho 2) Vito can't pass but can shot stop (AAH all over again)

From the little I've seen of Manone I'd disagree, he seems far calmer and has been better at passing.

I can not believe Preston is nice at anytime, have you been drinking?

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 19 Aug 2017 18:49

Ascotexgunner
Pepe the Horseman

Just on your last sentence, the rest is f*cking knee jerk rubbish. after just 2 away games.
strong league maybe, but do you notice how every team is not unbeatable? sitting here watching Leeds turning over Sunderland, the same Sunderland that beat Norwich away last week.
How did big spending boro get on today?. how about Hull? and Fulham? ,
FFS stop shitting your pants after 4 freaking games. we have injuries, probably more than most. yes we need a decent striker, I`m confident we will get someone in before the window, take a chill pill.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 19 Aug 2017 18:52

Forty
Kitsondinho Just got in. Do I not like orange.

1) Barrow is quality.

Didn't go to the game. Going to Preston is a bit like connecting the mains to your nuts. You have to do it once, then you know it's just not all it's cracked up to be. So. 1-6 all fair enough. 7? There's not enough sunshine in the world to make that ever even plausible.

I can't believe it was sunny in Preston tbh. Are you sure you were there?