BFTG Millwall

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

BFTG Millwall

by Lower West » 22 Aug 2017 23:14

Plenty of positives to take from tonight's game. Cracking goals. Roll on round 3.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

Re: BFTG Millwall

by windermereROYAL » 22 Aug 2017 23:25

Lower West Plenty of positives to take from tonight's game. Cracking goals. Roll on round 3.

Excellent performance from the young lads, 4 great goals. 26 shots on goal 8 on target. All the players looked comfortable on the ball.

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

Back from Extra-Time (Millwall)

by Snowball » 22 Aug 2017 23:29

Just reading elsewhere that someone thought this a boring game.

I really enjoyed it. There were plenty of very good performances, a few moments of brilliance,
some moves that were a joy to watch.

Bacuna is classy and should soon establish himself as a starter in midfield. Apart from one moment, he worked hard, tackled back, won loads of ball, was always available, keen to receive the ball and showed lots of vision with almost always the most sensible pass, He fed Popa often (Popa had a great game apart from his finishing). The goal was excellent. Picked up the ball deep in midfield, ghosted through two opponents, carried it to the edge of the box and wellies a great shot into the back of the net. This is a very good player. 8

Popa ran his socks off, was a great outlet. Had he not missed all those chances he'd've got 8.5 from me, but 7.5

Clement showed some fabulous ball skills when he came on as sub. He is going to be an awesome player in a few years, 8

The kid up front worked very hard, but didn't look like he'd ever score. I was so chuffed for him when he finally got a goal. 6

Rinomhota was solid throughout and can step into the first 11 without worries, when needed. 7

The three centre backs did OK throughout up against some big strikers, but we still manage to give away chances after dominating. 6.5s

Gunter was a mixed bag, sometimes OK-to-good, sometimes a bit casual, but overall he was probably a 6.5

Keeper was decent throughout, so I'd go 7

McCleary looked rusty and, I thought, a bit heavy

Millwall looked like a League 1 outfit, but when they went Route 1 it almost came off.

Barrow, Bacuna, Clement show some real class and lovely touches. We still lack "steel" though. At our best we look like we could open up any defence. I expect us to put 5-6 past some team this season

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 22 Aug 2017 23:30

Just reading elsewhere that someone thought this a boring game.

I really enjoyed it. There were plenty of very good performances, a few moments of brilliance,

Bacuna is classy and should soon establish himself as a starter in midfield. Apart from one moment, he worked hard, tackled back, won loads of ball, was always available, keen to receive the ball and showed lots of vision with almost always the most sensible pass, He fed Popa often (Popa had a great game apart from his finishing). The goal was excellent. Picked up the ball deep in midfield, ghosted through two opponents, carried it to the edge of the box and wellies a great shot into the back of the net. This is a very good player. 8

Popa ran his socks off, was a great outlet. Had he not missed all those chances he'd've got 8.5 from me, but 7.5

Clement showed some fabulous ball skills when he came on as sub. He is going to be an awesome player in a few years, 8

The kid up front worked very hard, but didn't look like he'd ever score. I was so chuffed for him when he finally got a goal. 6

Rinomhota was solid throughout and can step into the first 11 without worries, when needed. 7

Quin was industrious throughout. I think we look better when he plays.

The three centre backs did OK throughout up against some big strikers, but we still manage to give away chances after dominating. 6.5s

Gunter was a mixed bag, sometimes OK-to-good, sometimes a bit casual, but overall he was probably a 6.5

Millwall looked like a League 1 outfit, but when they went Route 1 it almost came off.

Barrow, Bacuna, Clement show some real class and lovely touches. We still lack "steel" though. At our best we look like we could open up any defence. I expect us to put 5-6 past some team this season

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 23 Aug 2017 00:01

Snowball Just reading elsewhere that someone thought this a boring game.

You have to be kidding me. no doubt it was boring on the radio..

FiNeRaIn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by FiNeRaIn » 23 Aug 2017 00:10

windermereROYAL
Lower West Plenty of positives to take from tonight's game. Cracking goals. Roll on round 3.

Excellent performance from the young lads, 4 great goals..

The last one so good it didn't even register on sky sports, google or the BBC :shock:

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 23 Aug 2017 00:21

FiNeRaIn
windermereROYAL

Excellent performance from the young lads, 4 great goals..

The last one so good it didn't even register on sky sports, google or the BBC :shock:

I included Millwalls goal which was very good too.

FiNeRaIn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by FiNeRaIn » 23 Aug 2017 00:25

Someone said it was a horrible deflection so I ruled that one out.

Top Flight
Hob Nob Regular

by Top Flight » 23 Aug 2017 00:42

I could swear we made four substitutions this evening.... Have I missed the change in the law?
I hope I haven't just landed Jaap in the sh*ts.

Barrow, Clement, Loader and Blackett all came off the bench tonight didn't they?

Since when were four substitutions allowed?

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

by maffff » 23 Aug 2017 00:44

Top Flight I could swear we made four substitutions this evening.... Have I missed the change in the law?

Barrow, Clement, Loader and Blackett all came off the bench tonight didn't they?

One more allowed in extra time.

They made four too.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 23 Aug 2017 00:45

Top Flight I could swear we made four substitutions this evening.... Have I missed the change in the law?

I think you are allowed an extra sub in extra time.

Top Flight
Hob Nob Regular

by Top Flight » 23 Aug 2017 00:45

Apart from the fact that we cheated by bringing on four substitutes. I thought we played very well.

I just feel we need to be able to penetrate more. I think we need to put more balls in the box and have bodies charging in trying to get on the end of things.

Anyway, I'm not going to interfere with Stam's work. I will let him get on with it and I will support him. Something good is brewing at Madejski Stadium. I hope Stam can bring in the players he wants.

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

by maffff » 23 Aug 2017 00:49

Top Flight I just feel we need to be able to penetrate more. I think we need to put more balls in the box

We'll be fine once we sign Dildo

Top Flight
Hob Nob Regular

by Top Flight » 23 Aug 2017 01:24

maffff
Top Flight I just feel we need to be able to penetrate more. I think we need to put more balls in the box

We'll be fine once we sign Dildo

Does he play for Cruzeiro?

jessicajung

by jessicajung » 23 Aug 2017 03:26

haha. :D :D :D

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 23 Aug 2017 07:34

Snowball

Apparently asking to go out on loan, so we won't see if that holds up over a sustained period just yet.

Would be a shame in my mind but if he goes somewhere and plays week in/week out until January then could be good for us during the 2nd half of the season.

bobby1413
Hob Nob Addict

by bobby1413 » 23 Aug 2017 07:46

Had planned not to go last night but managed to get home earlier and got tickets. Decided to sit in Y25 as usual (that's where ST is) but near the front, so was about 7-8 rows from the pitch. Really enjoyed being sat close, get a whole different perspective of the players when they're so close.

I have to say I i think Popa is great, he basically runs around non stop. He also ripped their right back to bits over and over, plus created several great chances.

I also got a different view of Gunter. I really can not understand why people are overly critical of him, I mean those who stupidly suggest he's one of our worst players. He really isn't. I think he's a loyal and respected international who has some faults but really is decent. He got forward a fair bit and worked in well with Popa.

Jaakkola looked very shakey. I remember he tried to punch the ball and completely missed, I think that was around the 88th minute? Also not comfortable with the whole passing at the back.

Ilori - not sure I really think he's that good. Looks lightweight and also gave the ball away a few times

Quinn - but gutted to hear that he may be loaned out as I think he could add something. He seemed good to me.

Clement I'm still not sure about

Bacuna looks good

Barrow looks great

Brilliant goal from Evans

McCleary - forgot he was on the pitch tbh

Impressed with Andresson - he made a couple of mistakes but I really liked the look of him

WestRoyal

by WestRoyal » 23 Aug 2017 07:50

Snowball Just reading elsewhere that someone thought this a boring game.

I'm not surprised after having knee and hernia ops over the summer. Needs game time

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 23 Aug 2017 08:44

Top Flight Apart from the fact that we cheated by bringing on four substitutes. I thought we played very well.

No-one cheated, clubs are allowed to make a fourth substitution in periods of extra time from this season

bobby1413
Hob Nob Addict

by bobby1413 » 23 Aug 2017 08:47

Sutekh
Top Flight Apart from the fact that we cheated by bringing on four substitutes. I thought we played very well.

No-one cheated, clubs are allowed to make a fourth substitution in periods of extra time from this season

Just because other clubs are cheating Sutekh doesn't mean we have to as well. Disappointed in Jaap Stam for this