BFTG (H) Brizzle

136 posts
Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

BFTG (H) Brizzle

by Snowflake Royal » 09 Sep 2017 16:38

Well that was fuvking annoying. Comments to follow.

First a note on Bristol. I thought tactically they were excellent. They played the high press v. well and totally disrupted our game. If they could pass or shoot we'd have been in danger of a drubbing due to the many stupid mistakes we made.

I don't think they actually forced that many mistakes from us though. They all seemed self inflicted and apart from that I thought we coped with the high press well.

Mannone 6 maybe should have done better on the goal, I'd like to see it again. Looked very awkward on the ball.
Gunter 5 predictably average negative performance capped with a game losing error.
Blackett 8 I actually thought he had one of his best games.
Moore 5 shambles of a match, he was all over the place.
McShane 8 very solid and commanding, not the best with the ball and goes back a bit too often, but he's trying to avoid a fuk up
Berg 8 I thought he covered brilliantly and helped bring the ball out well
Kelly 7 good game until injured but not quite that magic moment
Bacuna 7 pretty good on the whole
Barrow 5 looked dangerous but too often final ball or decision was poor. An absolute clusterfuk defensively, can't believe brizzle didn exploit it.
Aluko 6 lots of great skill, no end product, first appearance though
Bodvarsson 5 ran the defence well, decent hold up play, looked like he should have had a nailed on hattrick.

McCleary ok
Edwards I like the look of him but the game was a mess buly the time he got on
Beerens no time, no chance good to have him fit.

Plenty to be positive about, just three or four players with horrendous off days. The system looks very positive, just got to get that integration of new players right.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

Re: BFTG (H) Brizzle

by Hound » 09 Sep 2017 17:00

Highly annoying result, but slightly predictable with all the optimism in the build up
Worst thing is we now have a week to stew on it before the next (tough) game

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 09 Sep 2017 17:16

Meh. We don't need a goal scorer...etc etc

TBH it was always going to happen. :lol: No reason to worry, frustrating losing at home but not the end of the world.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 09 Sep 2017 17:23

Snowflake Royal Blackett 8 I actually thought he had one of his best games.

Just goes to show how differently people see games. I remember Moore making two brilliant goal-saving tackles and one great block to stop a City striker going through on goal. Also thought Blackett, while he had some nice moments, was a bit too casual. He had a decent game, but nowhere near an 8 for me.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 09 Sep 2017 17:26

Barrow. Absolute class, needs to work on his defensive understanding but that's no surprise seeing he's just joined a new club

Bodvarsson :lol:

Aluko did ok but just why did Reading buy him?

Referee. Utterly awful.

Now 3 points away from the bottom 3 and no midweek game like the teams below.

On the upside, Kermorgant is one week nearer playing again.

FiNeRaIn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by FiNeRaIn » 09 Sep 2017 17:29

Well, no one saw this coming by signing like 4 midfielders and no solid strikers. :lol:

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 09 Sep 2017 17:31

Felt we got a head of steam going midway through the 2nd half. only to have it snuffed out by Stams baffling substitutions.

tmesis
Hob Nob Regular

by tmesis » 09 Sep 2017 17:43

Sutekh Bodvarsson :lol:

He hits shots like he has shopping trolley wheels for feet.

Esteban

by Esteban » 09 Sep 2017 17:45

Would have won that 3-0 on another day. Bristol did well tactically, but rarely caused us problems. Striker or not, 8 yards out with the whole goal to aim at, you have to score.

Aluko played well and will improve as he learns the system. Barrow put in similar performances when he first joined and was excellent today. He needs to be more disciplined with his defending though.

The way in which we effortlessly switched from 4 to 5 at the back was good, there was good movement up front, the wide play was good and we defended well for the most part.

I enjoyed our performance for 85 minutes, we'll play worse than that and win games.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 09 Sep 2017 17:47

The seat slamming is back too by the way. :roll:

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 09 Sep 2017 17:53

genome The seat slamming is back too by the way. :roll:

Already?

Fcuk it I'm staying out here :lol:

Crowbar6753

by Crowbar6753 » 09 Sep 2017 18:00

We need to play this passing game at a higher tempo otherwise its not effective at all. We had that 5-10 min spell early in the second half where we tore them to shreds with high tempo slick passing and we were unlucky not to score. We also need to be more clinical, the lack of a clinical striker hurt us today, Dadi is great at running around and closing down but he aint no striker....and this will come back to haunt us, i would prefer to Sam Smith given a go upfront.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 09 Sep 2017 18:04

genome
Snowflake Royal Blackett 8 I actually thought he had one of his best games.

Just goes to show how differently people see games. I remember Moore making two brilliant goal-saving tackles and one great block to stop a City striker going through on goal. Also thought Blackett, while he had some nice moments, was a bit too casual. He had a decent game, but nowhere near an 8 for me.

I accept I might be being a touch generous to Blackett and harsh to Moore. Blackett certainly *looks* casual but I thought was very good.

I expect Moore to be excellent and he made 2 or 3 stupid unforced errors, gifting corners or throw ins under no pressure. Turning over possession in dangerous areas.

Muskrat
Hob Nob Regular

by Muskrat » 09 Sep 2017 18:07

Pretty much the perfect away performance from Brizzle today. Harried and harassed us all game long and put pressure on us high up the pitch. We still should have won by virtue of Bodvarsson's two missed sitters but a draw would have been a fair result imo. Blackett much improved, Barrow terrorised them all game long and I bet they couldn't believe their luck when he was subbed off.

Too early to judge Aluko but why did we actually buy him?

Ref had a good game, let the game flow and got most things right. Can't understand why people are slating him unless they're trying to disguise our own shortcomings.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 09 Sep 2017 18:14

Muskrat

Seems very simular to what we already have here, decent enough player, but does he actually improve us?

JR

by JR » 09 Sep 2017 18:25

Chatting to three City fans on the bus back they said they thought 0-0 would have been a result, so are well chuffed - did a bit of a job on us.

So we shouldn't get to hett up by it.

Lack of a clinical striker is a worry though and now not playing Tuesday is a big blow.

Aluko and Barrow looked class - will come good in coming weeks - especially away from home on the break

JR

by JR » 09 Sep 2017 18:27

windermereROYAL
Muskrat

Seems very simular to what we already have here, decent enough player, but does he actually improve us?

Did you see his footwork?! A class apart

muirinho
Hob Nob Regular

by muirinho » 09 Sep 2017 19:05

windermereROYAL
Muskrat

Seems very similar to what we already have here, decent enough player, but does he actually improve us?

Think he will do when he gets more time in with the team, there were a number of times when he clearly wasn't on the same wavelength. Also I reckon Barrow was substituted because he was tired - he didn't seem fully fit in terms of stamina. Couple of times in the first half, after he made a run, he would stagger about exhausted (and offside) for the next few minutes.

Very frustrating, but has already been said, we will play a lot worse than that and win. 0-0 would have been a fair result, but I'd be more inclined to blame the strikers than the defence for the loss.

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 09 Sep 2017 19:06

Didn't deserve that. Aluko started really well and put some decent crosses in.....shame noons was there.
Barrow was excellent.
Bodvarsson is another matter. Held the ball up well, tackled, worked hard but f+cking hell, awful in front of goal.
Shame we took our foot off the gas when they were on the ropes.
Nothing to add other than the ridiculous passbacks that continued today ending in Mannoni hoofing it up the pitch. Must have wasted so much time doing that.

Y21
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Y21 » 09 Sep 2017 19:28

Wasn't there, but reading these comments it seems like the same old same old from last season. Ponderous build up and no cutting edge? A passing/possession game is only any good if played at pace, otherwise it is just tedious and gives the oppo too much time to get themselves back into shape and then you've got to be better than we are to get past them.

136 posts