BFTG Bees

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

BFTG Bees

by windermereROYAL » 16 Sep 2017 20:04

Well pretty difficult to sum that up, shambles comes to mind. first half second to every thing, Brentford harried and pressed us all olver the pitch, and we couldn`t cope with it, I was more than happy to go in only 1 down.

Second half we came out. looked better and more balanced, Beerens looked good down the left and looked a constant threat. got what was probably a deserves leveller on 70th minute. but after that that returned to the first half and were clinging on by our fingertips at time.
All in all a undeserved point.
Dunno if it`s been said before but hell we need a striker, a outlet. Bodvarsson certainly isn`t that guy.
I fear for us this year if we don`t don`t improve on this.

Now let me sum up my main gripe of the day.
Kids/teenagers that claim to be supporters of our club, a f*cking disgrace inside and outside of the ground. what do you get from that behaviour on the train? noisy and obnoxious.
Did you get a kick from knocking the old lady to the ground when we scored and not having the decency to pick her up and apologise?
Disgusting chants at the Brentford keeper and to a lesser extent the black stewards?
A day out from their chav households, but if they can`t take more than 3 lemonades maybe they should stay away.
Rumour of a smoke bomb let off on the train back too, if true a very bad idea in today`s climate.

https://mobile.twitter.com/callummaguir ... 2152325054
Last edited by windermereROYAL on 16 Sep 2017 20:32, edited 1 time in total.

Jackson Corner
Hob Nob Regular

Re: BTFTG Bees

by Jackson Corner » 16 Sep 2017 20:31

Makes a change to come away from west London with something . Definitely a point gained were second best for long periods particularly in the first half. But once again we never really looked like scoring from open play, and had to be grateful for the penalty. Agree with the above as much as I enjoy the novelty of standing. If it means it encourages people to behave like that then give me all seaters any day.

La Flama Blanca

Re: BFTG Bees

by La Flama Blanca » 16 Sep 2017 20:39

windermereROYAL Now let me sum up my main gripe of the day.
Kids/teenagers that claim to be supporters of our club, a f*cking disgrace inside and outside of the ground. what do you get from that behaviour on the train? noisy and obnoxious.
Did you get a kick from knocking the old lady to the ground when we scored and not having the decency to pick her up and apologise?
Disgusting chants at the Brentford keeper and to a lesser extent the black stewards?
A day out from their chav households, but if they can`t take more than 3 lemonades maybe they should stay away.
Rumour of a smoke bomb let off on the train back too, if true a very bad idea in today`s climate.

https://mobile.twitter.com/callummaguir ... 2152325054

Yep. Don't know what it was about today's game but there were far more idiots than usual. I saw a few people leave for the pub at halftime when they realised no beer was being served in the ground. Embarrassing stuff.

The Reverend

by The Reverend » 16 Sep 2017 21:00

Don't know the story behind the Bentley abuse but don't much care for it either way. Didn't hear anything directed towards the (black) stewards but if there was a racial element to it there's nothing "lesser extent" about it.

Other than that I thought no13 had a decent day out. went a bit quiet after their goal but otherwise a good effort.

On the pitch the first half was very forgettable. Beerens made the difference 2nd half. Probably my MOTM

Overall good days for JVDB, Moore, and Kelly (but only for the pen). Everyone else average.

el_presidente

by el_presidente » 16 Sep 2017 21:11

The midfield was a shambles, Edwards looked badly off the pace especially in the first half. Bacuna (and Evans) badly missed.

Aluko was playing very deep first half, got through a fair bit of work with some lovely touches but not close enough to the goal to do any damage. Second half he faded alarmingly, playing further forward, until skimming the bar in added time.

Classic Stam tactics in playing a striker who got no crosses, then substituting him for a winger whose crosses found no target man.

I sat behind Pelle Clement's Aunt & Uncle who were over from the 'Dam.... they seemed to enjoy themselves well enough considering the circumstances.

We move on

royalp-we
Hob Nob Regular

by royalp-we » 16 Sep 2017 21:12

Worst BFTG thread ever :lol:

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 16 Sep 2017 21:21

royalp-we Worst BFTG thread ever :lol:

And I look like I give a shit?
One of the chavs are we?

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 16 Sep 2017 21:24

windermereROYAL

One of the chavs are we?

You seem a little tense. Calm down.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 16 Sep 2017 21:26

leon
windermereROYAL

One of the chavs are we?

Must be the 6 pints of London pride :D

The Reverend

by The Reverend » 16 Sep 2017 21:27

The Chronic have a proper hard on for Reading fans don't they? Still, shouldn't really give them the ammo - well done Callum :roll:

http://www.readingchronicle.co.uk/news/ ... mb_attack/

Berry

by Berry » 16 Sep 2017 21:30

This Icelandic vibe is on the wane

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 16 Sep 2017 21:31

windermereROYAL
leon
windermereROYAL
One of the chavs are we?

Must be the 6 pints of London pride :D

It could be worse could have been Youngs Special. That stuff's lethal.

royalp-we
Hob Nob Regular

by royalp-we » 16 Sep 2017 21:38

windermereROYAL

One of the chavs are we?

I listened on the radio with my 1yr old. Although, I think you need a nap.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 16 Sep 2017 22:20

Must have been watching a different game to me.

Brentford manager Dean Smith:
"Two of our boys have been tackled from behind and we get nothing.
"Three of their players were already on bookings and some of the tackles were just allowed to go on. All we are asking for is consistency. I didn't think the referee was very good today.
"We are talking about five big decisions and only one has been given and that can't be right at this level with professional officials.
"That was probably the most frustrated I've been because a lot of the decisions didn't go our way and I couldn't even have a conversation with the fourth official."

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 17 Sep 2017 00:45

royalp-we
windermereROYAL

One of the chavs are we?

Yeah whatever. Not sure what you're trying to achieve but you're coming on like a twat.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 17 Sep 2017 03:55

windermereROYAL Must have been watching a different game to me.

Brentford manager Dean Smith:
"Two of our boys have been tackled from behind and we get nothing.
"Three of their players were already on bookings and some of the tackles were just allowed to go on. All we are asking for is consistency. I didn't think the referee was very good today.
"We are talking about five big decisions and only one has been given and that can't be right at this level with professional officials.
"That was probably the most frustrated I've been because a lot of the decisions didn't go our way and I couldn't even have a conversation with the fourth official."

He has a point, in another game Edwards and or VDB could easily have seen a second yellow.

But he fails to mention that there were at least 3 occasions when we were breaking and cynically brought down without further punishment than just a free kick.

I'd be frustrated too if I was him. They were miles better than us in pretty much every department but once again they've failed to capitalise on it and only have themselves to blame.

As for us though, people can say we don't need a striker...etc. Before it went to shit there were a few chances which a proper striker who can actually use his feet would have maybe done something more with. Failing to even remotely test the opposing goal keeper heaps loads of pressure onto the rest of the team, which as we know by now doesn't bode well for our fragile defence.

Also missed Barrow. On that performance, and tbh every other I have seen from him this season imo Gmac looks done and ready for the glue factory. Hope that's not the case.

yuomi

by yuomi » 17 Sep 2017 07:30

Going to these games right now is exhausting. A mixture of Stam's quaint, dull as f*ck total football, with the usual tedious build from the back, but now with the addition that the bluff has been called by managers who have set up to press high and our totally inflexible back line have no plan b. Instead, they panic and gift possession away. That this has now happened in over 50% of our games this season means that you would expect Stam to be starting to do something about it but not a bit of it. Still always backwards, still goal kicks always short and hang the consequences. It doesn't help that the defence also seem to have Murano-like confidence - Moore is a completely different player to last term. Frigid and fidgety.

In the middle, JVDB remains a liability, an unfunny joke of whom nothing would surprise you. At best, he's a combative, a Millwall fan's favourite of a player - as loved for his stupidity and inopportune acts of violence as he is for any kind of quality he brings to the table. His one-footed, one dimensional play is constantly heart in mouth and I can't believe we haven't yet found a way to play that renders him obsolete.

Edwards looks like he's cut from Stam's cloth. He can't play above tortoise speed and will always look backwards before he looks forward. He looks surer than JVDB, but that's not saying much. From first impressions he's also from the rough and tumble school of leaving the boot in or sneaking an elbow.

I've already run out of things to say about Bod. He just can't. That we are putting all our eggs into a 36 year old-shaped basket - who we are dreaming will return and save us after an injury that could have ended the career of a player half his age - is ridiculous. I finished the transfer window on a bit of a high, excusing the omission of the obvious missing piece of the puzzle and prepared to give the manager and the team time to prove this gamble/Bod right. Two games in that optimism has all but vanished. This feels like it's going to be a very long season.

The Cap
Hob Nob Regular

by The Cap » 17 Sep 2017 07:46

yuomi wrote:
Going to these games right now is exhausting. A mixture of Stam's quaint, dull as f*ck total football, with the usual tedious build from the back, but now with the addition that the bluff has been called by managers who have set up to press high and our totally inflexible back line have no plan b. Instead, they panic and gift possession away. That this has now happened in over 50% of our games this season means that you would expect Stam to be starting to do something about it but not a bit of it. Still always backwards, still goal kicks always short and hang the consequences. It doesn't help that the defence also seem to have Murano-like confidence - Moore is a completely different player to last term. Frigid and fidgety.

In the middle, JVDB remains a liability, an unfunny joke of whom nothing would surprise you. At best, he's a combative, a Millwall fan's favourite of a player - as loved for his stupidity and inopportune acts of violence as he is for any kind of quality he brings to the table. His one-footed, one dimensional play is constantly heart in mouth and I can't believe we haven't yet found a way to play that renders him obsolete.

Edwards looks like he's cut from Stam's cloth. He can't play above tortoise speed and will always look backwards before he looks forward. He looks surer than JVDB, but that's not saying much. From first impressions he's also from the rough and tumble school of leaving the boot in or sneaking an elbow.

I've already run out of things to say about Bod. He just can't. That we are putting all our eggs into a 36 year old-shaped basket - who we are dreaming will return and save us after an injury that could have ended the career of a player half his age - is ridiculous. I finished the transfer window on a bit of a high, excusing the omission of the obvious missing piece of the puzzle and prepared to give the manager and the team time to prove this gamble/Bod right. Two games in that optimism has all but vanished. This feels like it's going to be a very long season.

Well thought out post that summarises the current situation very well.

royalp-we
Hob Nob Regular

by royalp-we » 17 Sep 2017 07:54

leon
royalp-we
windermereROYAL
One of the chavs are we?

Yeah whatever. Not sure what you're trying to achieve but you're coming on like a twat.

No offence taken. Just put up some player ratings m8.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 17 Sep 2017 08:07

Poor overall really. Brighter second half when Reading took off their "striker" and replaced him with a winger so one wonders why anyone's bothered about signing a striker based on that.

McCleary and Edwards are still off the pace - not too surprising given the lack of pre-season for the former and having to get used to new team and playing style for the latter. But that should improve.

Barrow picked up an injury in the Bristol game, which is why he wasn't involved yesterday, so that's a worry - and I'd rather have Popa playing than Aluko.

On to Swansea "reserves" on Tuesday then - and if Reading's "reserve" team perform well there are going to be some headaches for Stam over team selection before Hull on Saturday.