alfie9

Re: Back from booing at my tv screen

by alfie9 » 30 Sep 2017 19:02

Winning league 1 might be fun tbh

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 30 Sep 2017 19:12

Decent first half much improved on Hull, but still with some terrible decisions and passes.

Must remember Norwich have a very capable defence.

Mannone 6 not in AAH's league
Gunter 2 utter shit. More positive but gifted Norwich the ball dangerously loads. Soft shite
Blackett 3 his awful passes were the right idea, just awfully executed or with no teammate in the right place.
Moore 7 good game and goal. Jerome is a handful
McShane 7 great positive passing early on
Berg 6 usual mix of bite urgency and big mistakes
Kelly 6 ok
Bacuna 6 improved on Edwards
Aluko 6 typical no end product
Beerens 7 actually won and held dup some balls but needs Bod on to feed
McCleary 4 he's two injuries beyond the good forward we used to have. RWB/RB now please

Bod 6 ok
Barrow barely touched the ball
Richards not up to it yet, ok cover

View from a Leeds pal who hates Reading and Stam: "you were actually alright, just hard breaking Norwich down"

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 30 Sep 2017 19:23

Snowflake Royal Decent first half much improved on Hull, but still with some terrible decisions and passes.

Gunter 2 utter shit. More positive but gifted Norwich the ball dangerously loads. Soft shite
Blackett 3 his awful passes were the right idea, just awfully executed or with no teammate in the right place.
Kelly 6 ok
McCleary 4 he's two injuries beyond the good forward we used to have. RWB/RB now please

Bod 6 ok

View from a Leeds pal who hates Reading and Stam: "you were actually alright, just hard breaking Norwich down"

In what way today did Mannone demonstrate he isn't in AAH's league?!

Gunter 2??? Not great but certainly not our worst player. Great goal preventing block in first half and hit bar in second - both acknowledged by commentary team but no doubt denied by the lynch mob! :twisted:

That blinkered and frankly stupid score puts doubt against all of the rest of your opinions.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 30 Sep 2017 19:23

I have to say, I think that is incredibly generous

Would be all 4s and 5s for me, bar an 8 for Moore and a 6 for Bacuna

We weren't ok at all. Nothing about that performance was ok

Norfolk Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Norfolk Royal » 30 Sep 2017 19:25

Beerens 7. Behave, he had a shocker as did everyone with the exception of Moore, Aluko in the first half, and possibly McShane.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 30 Sep 2017 19:31

Al-Habsi saved us many times over the last couple of years with stunning saves. Mannone, is fine, but he's not going to get us poonts that way.

Yeah Gunter got in the way of shots once or twice, and hit a surprisingly good shot (that didn't go in or need saving). More importantly he gave the ball away twice in a minute in ludicrously dangerous positions for literally no reason other than utter stupidity. I'm fed up of hia bullshit every week. He used to be a dull 6out of 10 man but the last couple of home games he's been atrocious.

JR

by JR » 30 Sep 2017 19:33

I'm one of the most optimistic Reading fans there are and tonight's game scares me.

I have never been at a match where I've thought the players were as CONFUSED as this.

Nobody has a clue how the formation should be working and he lack of confidence is a massive issue. At one point we made 4 consecutive passes to the oppos.

Stam has to go back to basics with a formation that the players can understand and work with. Only way to succeed with a low in confidence team.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 30 Sep 2017 19:41

JR I'm one of the most optimistic Reading fans there are and tonight's game scares me.

I have never been at a match where I've thought the players were as CONFUSED as this.

Nobody has a clue how the formation should be working and he lack of confidence is a massive issue. At one point we made 4 consecutive passes to the oppos.

Stam has to go back to basics with a formation that the players can understand and work with. Only way to succeed with a low in confidence team.

Are you more optimistic than optimistroyal?

I take it we were shite..

RG7Fan

by RG7Fan » 30 Sep 2017 19:45

Snowflake Royal Decent first half much improved on Hull, but still with some terrible decisions and passes.

Kelly 6 ok

Bod 6 ok

Beerens a 7 - did you actually watch the game or did you give him that because you saw it on the back of his shirt? He was carp, why the hell he was left on and Aluko and GMac taken off is anybody's guess.

PieEater
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by PieEater » 30 Sep 2017 19:57

Why do people bother debating some random scoring. It's not like it's some official system where Beerens stats are 4 or 7 FFS.

Someone offers some opinion on how players performed, if you don't agree with it either post your own scoring or return to your sad life with your own private score.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 30 Sep 2017 20:00

Ha it's true, 'scores' are pretty meaningless, but I suppose it is a very quick way of summarising how you think they performed

PieEater
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by PieEater » 30 Sep 2017 20:04

Stam is in trouble, another home loss, another game were he fails to start a striker, another poor performance devoid of chances.

We are in trouble, Stam doesn't seem to know his best team or best formation. He's been unlucky with injuries but the team seems to have lost all belief in his system when they know there is nobody to build from the back for.

I'm pleased I've talked myself out of trekking up to Leeds.

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 30 Sep 2017 20:05

I cannot believe the negativity I'm seeing, or the idea that Norwich weren't very good.

I think Norwich are the best side I've seen (by a mile) this season. Their midfield was fast, hard, tenacious, their runners hard to deal with (by any side) their defence well-drilled and very hard to beat.

That was their fourth away win on the trot, including winning at favourites Middlesboro, and the in-form Sheffield United. They will EASILY make the top six and I think they will probably get automatic promotion.

We held them to just THREE on-target strikes in 95 minutes. Their first goal was superb and virtually unstoppable. Their second was an individual error by Blackett. The other shot was straight at Mannone. True they had a fourth chance, but had the ball been inside the post Mannone would have stopped it with his legs.

FINE MARGINS

While I wouldn't argue with a Norwich fan who said Norwich deserved their win, I doubt many would have felt this wasn't worth a draw.

6 Mannone. Little or no chance with the first. Exposed by the second. But a free header shouldn't be saved.

7 Gunter. A moment of madness, one bad minute, but otherwise had a great game, VG block, VG shot
6 Blackett. Decent with some great touches, but let down by misplaced passes. Could be a great player one day
7 Moore. Generally solid, one VG block, a good goal.
6 McShane. Generally OK, lucky to get away with a mistake which could have been a penalty

7 Bacuna. Tenacious, gutsy, more class than Williams. Should be in every 11.
5 Kelly. A few better moments in last quarter but generally looked slightly out of it.
6 JVDB. Curate's egg but does bring some steel to the midfield.

5 Beerens. Maybe harsh but nothing really came off for him today.
6 Aluko. I think he is a VG player but at sea in our "system". Another assist. Maybe a scraped 7
6 McCleary. Ordinary with a few almost moments. Not the player of previous seasons

SUBS

6 + Dadi. I thought we looked better with him on. I think he should start. A tad slow with his first chance but he had been on seconds!

5 Richards. Didn't understand the substitution. One poor cross.

? Barrow. Didn't have time to make an impression IMO

OVERALL

Yes we lack confidence, and nothing is running for us ATM, but there is real quality in the team and, providing the confidence doesn't plummet, we will come good, and we'll put five or six on a couple of the bottom-half teams. If we lose to Leeds and Sheffield, I guess Stam could get the chop, but after today, I hope not. We came up against a VERY good Championship team today, a team with a smattering of class, Premiership experience, and a solid system, a team who played the perfect away game for their fourth straight away win. We will play worse and win games.

PieEater
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by PieEater » 30 Sep 2017 20:07

Hound Ha it's true, 'scores' are pretty meaningless, but I suppose it is a very quick way of summarising how you think they performed

I've no problem with that, but there are a lot of complete twats who take issue with someones random scoring that Beerens wasn't worth a score of 7. Get a life FFS

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 30 Sep 2017 20:08

Snowflake Royal Al-Habsi saved us many times over the last couple of years with stunning saves. Mannone, is fine, but he's not going to get us poonts that way.

Short memories - AAH made some great/brilliant saves but he also cost us a number of goals because he was so uncomfortable with the ball at his feet. Mannone is a far better footballer in that regard and unlikely to cost us goals in the same manner.

BR0B0T
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by BR0B0T » 30 Sep 2017 20:08

Blackett will never, ever, be a gr8 player m9

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 30 Sep 2017 20:13

Blackett & Beerens are not footballers.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 30 Sep 2017 20:13

Snowball, agree Norwich played the game well and looked a solid team. Standard away performance of go goal up, put ten behind the ball and leave an impressive Jerome to cause trouble up front

But as way as a comparison, Boro had something like 20 shots on goal against them in midweek, and they are playing pretty sh1t, where we managed 6 I think it was
Last edited by Hound on 30 Sep 2017 20:14, edited 1 time in total.

RG7Fan

by RG7Fan » 30 Sep 2017 20:13

PieEater Why do people bother debating some random scoring. It's not like it's some official system where Beerens stats are 4 or 7 FFS.

Someone offers some opinion on how players performed, if you don't agree with it either post your own scoring or return to your sad life with your own private score.

Beerens - 2 Clueless and awful.

Satisfied now?