BFTG - Ramming the Rams

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

BFTG - Ramming the Rams

by NewCorkSeth » 04 Nov 2017 17:20

We can't have many complaints after that. Last game we added attacking impetus. This game we added clinical finishing.

Tactics again were great because Derby played right into it. We are too dangerous when teams actually try to play against us.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say if we get the first goal in a match (from now on) were going to win it.

Again we concede a stupid goal. We really struggle to cut out errors (and there were quote a few that went unpunished)

Mannone - 7 - again his best quality is his ability with the ball at his feet. Few good saves. Some great movement.
Gunter - 6 - was an up down performance. Silly yellow.
McShane - 7 - he can pass! Was arguably better than Moore today.
Moore - 7 - why did he stay down for the second goal? First lesson in football. Play the whistle.
Richards - 7 - one mistake in his first game is not bad. Looked tidy and skilful.
Bacuna - 8 - my MOTM. Ran the show relatively quietly. Passing, tackling, anticipation, movement on the ball are all top class.
Edwards - 7 - very good performance. Great niggly little fouls all game went unpunished.
Aluko - 8 - best I've seen of him. Came too deep in first half at times.
Barrow - 7 - looked exhausted. Good goal.
Swift - 7 - was marked out most of the game but his movement allowed so much more to happen around him. Good free kick for once.
Beerens - 6 - not much done by the tap in. Was much better when shifted to the right.

Kermorgant - 6 - good hold up play. Won a few headers. He will cause so much trouble when fully fit.
Blackett - 5 - Not bad. Not great. Not much time to judge him on
Clement - N/A

Derbys RB was great. Who was he I couldn't see the shirt name?

Royals and Racers
Hob Nob Regular

Re: BFTG - Ramming the Rams

by Royals and Racers » 04 Nov 2017 17:37

NewCorkSeth We can't have many complaints after that. Last game we added attacking impetus. This game we added clinical finishing.

Tactics again were great because Derby played right into it. We are too dangerous when teams actually try to play against us.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say if we get the first goal in a match (from now on) were going to win it.

Again we concede a stupid goal. We really struggle to cut out errors (and there were quote a few that went unpunished)

Mannone - 7 - again his best quality is his ability with the ball at his feet. Few good saves. Some great movement.
Gunter - 6 - was an up down performance. Silly yellow.
McShane - 7 - he can pass! Was arguably better than Moore today.
Moore - 7 - why did he stay down for the second goal? First lesson in football. Play the whistle.
Richards - 7 - one mistake in his first game is not bad. Looked tidy and skilful.
Bacuna - 8 - my MOTM. Ran the show relatively quietly. Passing, tackling, anticipation, movement on the ball are all top class.
Edwards - 7 - very good performance. Great niggly little fouls all game went unpunished.
Aluko - 8 - best I've seen of him. Came too deep in first half at times.
Barrow - 7 - looked exhausted. Good goal.
Swift - 7 - was marked out most of the game but his movement allowed so much more to happen around him. Good free kick for once.
Beerens - 6 - not much done by the tap in. Was much better when shifted to the right.

Kermorgant - 6 - good hold up play. Won a few headers. He will cause so much trouble when fully fit.
Blackett - 5 - Not bad. Not great. Not much time to judge him on
Clement - N/A

Derbys RB was great. Who was he I couldn't see the shirt name?

14 Wisdom

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 04 Nov 2017 19:52

Omar Richards MOM

Bacuna outstanding. Edawrds tireless.

All round good performance. Ok they were lapses. Foundations of a great team though.

Crowbar6753

by Crowbar6753 » 04 Nov 2017 20:48

What a difference when we play the passing game at pace, its weird how its finally happened and clicked into place. The movement, passing and hustling the opposition has been top notch the last few games.
I honestly believe we will give someone a real hiding sooner or later, you can see the confidence creeping back and with our first choice team out we will be class.
Hats off to Omar Richards, he had a great game today....will give Obita a run for his money when he's back.

Crowbar6753

by Crowbar6753 » 04 Nov 2017 20:52

Its interesting to see how Sam Smith and Omar Richards have adapted to first team football and have not looked out of place. I know its early doors but they really look like they belong here.
I would like to see Barrett, Watson and Andreasson given a chance at some stage and i also think Novakovich should be given a chance next season. The future does look bright i guess.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 04 Nov 2017 21:25

Crowbar6753 Its interesting to see how Sam Smith and Omar Richards have adapted to first team football and have not looked out of place. I know its early doors but they really look like they belong here.
I would like to see Barrett, Watson and Andreasson given a chance at some stage and i also think Novakovich should be given a chance next season. The future does look bright i guess.

But is the future orange?

Crowbar6753

by Crowbar6753 » 04 Nov 2017 21:35

NewCorkSeth
Crowbar6753 Its interesting to see how Sam Smith and Omar Richards have adapted to first team football and have not looked out of place. I know its early doors but they really look like they belong here.

But is the future orange?

It is for now lol.... :D

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 04 Nov 2017 22:21

Seems as if Stam & Co are good judges of potential. The summer clear out appeared excessive not so long ago. Now it appears that the real talent has been given an opportunity to blossom.

alfie9

by alfie9 » 04 Nov 2017 23:55

Definitely want to see more of Omar Richards. Best full debut from a youth player since Barrett

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

by maffff » 05 Nov 2017 00:18

alfie9 Definitely want to see more of Omar Richards. Best full debut from a youth player since Barrett

Since Fosu?

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 05 Nov 2017 00:21

To pull off a performance like that with our injury list is fcuking impressive. Tactically spot on. Well done Stam, you've earned a lot of faith from me this week.

marlowuk

by marlowuk » 05 Nov 2017 01:57

genome To pull off a performance like that with our injury list is fcuking impressive. Tactically spot on. Well done Stam, you've earned a lot of faith from me this week.

Absolutely. We also looked good against Forest and - against conventional wisdom - we were pretty good against Middlesborough too! So what has changed?

Well - not much. We have simply grown together and the new signings have bedded in. Added to that, Swift has regained his pre-injury form at last and is (almost) back to his best. We needed that. In Aluko and Barrow we have two skilful and quick wingers who are as good as any other pairing in the Championship and we are taking our chances. I still look forward to the return of a fully fit Kermie but all is looking good. Our injury list includes GMac, Obita, Ilori, Kelly, VDB, Bodvarsson, Smith all of whom are genuine contenders for the first team.

We have learned how to combine quick breaks with the passing game and that has paid dividends. This is a very tight league and only 6 points separate us from 7th place! Orange or not, the future is bright!!

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 05 Nov 2017 06:14

maffff
alfie9 Definitely want to see more of Omar Richards. Best full debut from a youth player since Barrett

Since Fosu?

Wasn't his full debut against Derby - came on as a sub.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 05 Nov 2017 07:03

We did an exceptional job considering our injury list. Be great to have 4 or 5 back after the break - just for depth on the bench as much as anything - the boys that have done the job in the last two games deserve a run now

How did Beerens play out of interest? Was less than happy he started but he looked quite good on the highlights - couple of quality balls for Barrow’s missed chances and a nice goal

LWJ
Hob Nob Addict
Location: Hobnob Prediction League Champion 2011/2012, 2020/2021

by LWJ » 05 Nov 2017 07:56

Hound How did Beerens play out of interest? Was less than happy he started but he looked quite good on the highlights - couple of quality balls for Barrow’s missed chances and a nice goal

Pretty anonymous until Aluko went off. He started in the middle of Barrow and Aluko across the top and really struggled to get in the game.

Bottled a couple of challenges like normal - but overall he latched on to get the 3rd when Derby had started the half well, and should have had two assists for some pinpoint balls to Barrow. Probably a solid 6.5/7 from me.

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

by maffff » 05 Nov 2017 09:50

CountryRoyal
maffff

Since Fosu?

Ah, missed the word full.

gdroyal

by gdroyal » 05 Nov 2017 10:00

maffff
CountryRoyal
maffff Since Fosu?

Don't think he ever got a start did he in a league game. Such a shame because he was on fire in that game,

gdroyal

by gdroyal » 05 Nov 2017 10:07

Really good win, looked pretty comfortable from the start although it always helps when you go 2 up inside 15 mins. I saw the Derby warm up before the game and they did not look up for it, I'm not surprised Keogh pulled a muscle after 5 mins.

Nobody played badly, Beerens is not a lone striker however played well in the 2nd half when Kermogant came on, and should have had two assists if Barrow could finish those two chances. Richards was good, Bacuna ran the game with Edwards in the midfield. Surprised nobody has mentioned the ball from Edwards for Barrow''s goal, excellent pass.

Would be great to get anything from the Wolves game before a winnable run of fixtures until the end of December.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 05 Nov 2017 10:10

NewCorkSeth
Mannone - 7 - again his best quality is his ability with the ball at his feet

Apart from their first goal.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 05 Nov 2017 10:14

gdroyal
maffff
CountryRoyal

Don't think he ever got a start did he in a league game. Such a shame because he was on fire in that game,

Has 7 goals in 15 games this season, albeit at a lower level.