BFTG Brentford

193 posts
Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

BFTG Brentford

by Sutekh » 20 Jan 2018 17:27

Better performance but given the utter crap of the last 2/3 league games at home that really isnt difficult

Usual issue, too much piddling about and not enough creativity even though Bod was MotM

Richards off at half time due to a hamstring problem

Berg still getting a game is amazing. Does he have something on the manager?

Aluko, the only winger who doesnt. Ever.

Next game that matters, away at Burton on Tuesday week. The traditional and absolute MUST WIN game.

Then Millwall at home on a Saturday. Two weeks to make the season or basically lose it.
Last edited by Sutekh on 20 Jan 2018 17:29, edited 1 time in total.

Kitsondinho
Hob Nob Addict
Location: at a cricket ground somewhere around the country........

Re: BFTG Brentford

by Kitsondinho » 20 Jan 2018 17:29

I fear so. ‘Too good to go down’.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 20 Jan 2018 17:34

Sutekh
Next game that matters, away at Burton on Tuesday week. The traditional and absolute MUST WIN game.

Then Millwall at home on a Saturday. Two weeks to make the season or basically lose it.

I don't see us beating any of that lot, which says a lot considering Burton got thumped 6-0 today.

The Reverend

by The Reverend » 20 Jan 2018 17:37

Time to go Jaap.

That kind of football ain't gonna beat anyone in this division.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 20 Jan 2018 17:45

We have to win one of the next 2 or else I’m pretty certain we’ll drop

Anyway to today’s game. We looked low in quality and confidence. The midfield lacked creativity and whilst Bod and Barrow tried hard, nothing clear cut was really created

The defence looked better in shape but the impressive Vibe got through a number of times. Thought Brentford were solid and confident but not brilliant - actually thought they played better when we beat them 3-2 last year

Anyway
Mannone: 6 - did pretty well. Couple of poor passes out
Gunter: 7 - Good I thought. Our most dangerous forward player bizarrely
Richards; 6 - Did ok against tricky opponents
Ilori: 6 - looks a decent player but let Vibe get goalside a couple of times
Moore: 6 - similar to Ilori
Joey: 2 - awful. No place for him in this side. Nowhere near good enough
Kelly: 7 - thought he did quite well. Good free kick. Still not the level he was last year
Evans: 6 - bit anonymous. Reasonable but no creativity
Aluko: 2 - why is he here? Awful
Bod: 7 - worked hard off little service. Prob should have scored from Gunters cut back
Barrow: 7 - usual Barrow performance. Dangerous, missing a final ball

Blackett: 6 - did ok. Great block on the line. Not an LB
Beerens: 1 - Absymal. Waste of a sub
Yann: 1 awful. Did nothing except give away free kicks

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 20 Jan 2018 17:50

It was a better performance but there was an air of inevitability about the Brentford goal, that said, how many times did they win the ball off us after we spent some time dicking around with it in defence? There is quality in this team but they are abysmally low on confidence and being made to persist with a style of play they clearly aren't comfortable with.

Could have scored though but Brentford probably deserved the win in the end, as others have said, the next two games are crucial.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 20 Jan 2018 17:51

Hound We have to win one of the next 2 or else I’m pretty certain we’ll drop

Anyway to today’s game. We looked low in quality and confidence. The midfield lacked creativity and whilst Bod and Barrow tried hard, nothing clear cut was really created

The defence looked better in shape but the impressive Vibe got through a number of times. Thought Brentford were solid and confident but not brilliant - actually thought they played better when we beat them 3-2 last year

Anyway
Kelly: 7 - thought he did quite well. Good free kick. Still not the level he was last year
Bod: 7 - worked hard off little service. Prob should have scored from Gunters cut back

Take a point off Barrow for being responsible for their goal. was crying out for a first time strike at the back post instead of farting around and getting blocked out. 20 seconds later we were behind.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 20 Jan 2018 17:56

True. The pass to him wasn’t great though. Thought Kelly should have hit first time

Berry

by Berry » 20 Jan 2018 18:01

Today's game was a bit of a reality check for me, I've watched the last 4 home and away but today was different....We seemed to play a different formation but our playing style is still the same, goals win games as was proven today....Kelly deciding to pass back to Bod while in their penalty box who passed out wide to Barrow really sums up where the team are at.....Stam you have rebuilt our team but unfortunately this playing style won't work.

Bod MoM for me, he played really well.....Aluko is a glorified pub player who does more damage on the pitch to the team as he continually leaves his position and Beerens bizarrely just stands in his position and doesn't move....Off for a beer or 2

Woodcote Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Woodcote Royal » 20 Jan 2018 18:01

tidus_mi2 The next two games are crucial.

All that matters is getting rid of Stam. If he stays, who is this team going to beat in order to get enough points to stay up? It's as simple as that for me :|

bloody Volvo driver

by bloody Volvo driver » 20 Jan 2018 18:03

It was a complete clusterfvck from the second Kelly intercepted the ball, his pass to JDB was poor who in turn played a poor pass to Barrow who instead of putting his laces through the ball Fannies about and lost out. 15 seconds later Vibe is slotting home.

Stam out.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 20 Jan 2018 18:05

Whats missing...
Last edited by CountryRoyal on 20 Jan 2018 18:06, edited 1 time in total.

strap
Hob Nob Regular

by strap » 20 Jan 2018 18:06

Didn't go to the "game" as I refuse to pay to watch that drivel any longer.

So my contribution is utterly irrelevant as per usual, but for those interested our last 12 home league games have yielded 2 wins, 3 draws and 7 defeats, For 11 against 16, for a points tally of 9. The last time we had a worse run was back in 12/12/2009, when a 1-1 home draw to Scunthorpe gave us a record of 1 win, 5 draws and 6 defeats at home, 9 scored 17 conceded, for 8 points.

That game was the last home game, (actually last ever game), before Brenda Bodgers was sacked.

What odds Stam is gone before the trip to Hillsborough?

strap
Hob Nob Regular

by strap » 20 Jan 2018 18:07

Woodcote Royal
tidus_mi2 The next two games are crucial.

All that matters is getting rid of Stam. If he stays, who is this team going to beat in order to get enough points to stay up? It's as simple as that for me :|

+1

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 20 Jan 2018 18:10

I took one of them cardboard glasses things with me that you can put your mobile telephone into. I hit play as our game kicked off today and I watched our 4-0 demolition of Stoke from 94/95.

Fantastic performance. What a belter from Kerr.

PieEater
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by PieEater » 20 Jan 2018 18:10

I'm pretty well non plussed about the team the result and the whole season. I went to the game quite expecting to lose and they delivered. Perhaps there was slightly more hope of a goal than previous games but we never really looked like winning that game.

We are a shambles and in a relegation fight.

Royality creeps In
Hob Nob Regular

by Royality creeps In » 20 Jan 2018 18:14

A summary of Stams Interview

BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH Certain Situations BLAH BLAH BLAH Decisions Certain Situations

Blah Blah Blah

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 20 Jan 2018 18:17

strap Didn't go to the "game" as I refuse to pay to watch that drivel any longer.

So my contribution is utterly irrelevant as per usual, but for those interested our last 12 home league games have yielded 2 wins, 3 draws and 7 defeats, For 11 against 16, for a points tally of 9. The last time we had a worse run was back in 12/12/2009, when a 1-1 home draw to Scunthorpe gave us a record of 1 win, 5 draws and 6 defeats at home, 9 scored 17 conceded, for 8 points.

That game was the last home game, (actually last ever game), before Brenda Bodgers was sacked.

What odds Stam is gone before the trip to Hillsborough?

Well we were told the owners were going to be there today. not sure if it happened, but if it did they will surely have to pull the trigger.

Westwood52
Hob Nob Regular

by Westwood52 » 20 Jan 2018 18:17

I actually thought we were pretty awful again today;but TBF slightly better than those run of games against the relegation zone teams.
Walking out of the ground I heard someone say we did not deserve to lose-you have to be joking-the Bees in fact missed half a dozen clear cut chances-this is going to kill them if they want to go up.

IMHO:

Vito 5: Couple of good saves but I think he had a chance to clear for their goal.Credit to him for coming over to the fans after the game.
Gunter 5: It was not all bad; he just needs to grow some-soft as s**t.
Omar 5: Was at his absolute physical limit-hence his hammy went-hopefully he will grow from this.
Moore 6: I think in his mind-he is on his way.
Ilori 5: More comfortable than McShane on the ball-but made a few bad mistakes in his decision making.
Joey 2: Why is he playing ?He is just too slow and unathletic. How on earth did he get a new contract ?
Evans 2: Almost as bad as Joey;too slow and unathletic. He was convinced it was handball late on. It was right in front of me, but everything happened so fast.
Kelly 6: Some terrible passes, and often overpowered; but kept going-unlucky with the free kick.
Alukho 1: Stealing a living-whats wrong with him ?Did absolutely nothing.
Bovard 7: Give him his due-worked his socks off-but probably should have scored. Cannot hold the ball up when its in the air-unlike Kermit at his best.
Mo 6: He loses heart, far too easily.

Tyler: Did OK-looked more comfortable than Omar
Kermit: Hes gone-end of.Overweight and out of condition.
Roy: Why no Macca ?-Roy is stealing a living.

Stam: The first evidence of division amongst the senior leadership team-He almost admitted after the game that the squad was inadequate; compared to most of the division. Joey should never be picked, I'd rather have Edwards (& Roy instead of Macca-really). Macca as bad as he is playing always gives you a chance.

Ref-I actually thought he was biased-in the 1st half-and I haver never thought that of any English Pro Ref before-he was a lot fairer 2nd half.

We look like one of the worst three teams in the division.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 20 Jan 2018 18:19

Hound We have to win one of the next 2 or else I’m pretty certain we’ll drop

Anyway

Worst performance I have seen from Mannone. Could not adapt to Brentford pressing so aggressively and quickly, looked nervous on the ball and took far too long to distribute. Just couldn't seem to adapt to the fact that playing out from the back was, more often than not, no longer possible.

Made some good saves but a rush of blood to the head cost us the goal after one of those saves. What the hell was he doing rushing right to the edge of his area when defenders were already getting there ? At one point even appeared to come out of his area so could use his hands. 5 at best for me.

193 posts
It is currently 28 Mar 2024 11:52