BFTG - Bolton

John Madejski's Wallet
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Anyone who lives within their means shows a serious lack of imagination

BFTG - Bolton

by John Madejski's Wallet » 06 Mar 2018 22:48

Awful, but better than last week.
This time there seemed to be effort, but some truly awful performances (Aluko and Edwards, may as well had 9 men). Mental formation, but tbf to Clement, he was a let better there than attacking CM last week

Shout out to Barrow for trying a bit first half and big up to Kelly for being a one-man footballing machine in the second half

Our debutante really grew into the game second half. Fair play to the lad, up against a very lively LeFondre (oh for a striker like him :cry:)

John Madejski's Wallet
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Anyone who lives within their means shows a serious lack of imagination

Re: BFTG - Bolton

by John Madejski's Wallet » 06 Mar 2018 22:49

Oh and Schards having a massive moan on BBCRB on the way home made me chuckle :D

PieEater
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by PieEater » 06 Mar 2018 22:51

Similar to the last game, as soon as I saw the teams announced I knew it was game over. It's like Stam threw all of his cards in the air and saw where they landed and said yeah we'll go with that.

So much for the trip away to Spain, the extra time having missed Wolves, we put out yet another completely untried team and system in what was a real six pointer.

The result was inevitable, the team was clueless what to do or how they should be playing, it's only because Bolton were so shit that they missed gifted opportunities including Kelly passing a through ball to Alf to blast over. We were a shambles.

Then somehow Barrow scores a great individual goal, and then ... that was it. We reverted to type, continued to be shit and got out fought for the rest of the game.

Somehow we hung on to a point but we really are desperately bad. Stam seems to have given up with team preparation, tactics, half time team talks, and is just taking the piss. At this rate if we avoid relegation we'll be lucky.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 06 Mar 2018 22:52

John Madejski's Wallet Oh and Schards having a massive moan on BBCRB on the way home made me chuckle :D

I thought I recognised that voice.

I knew Schards had lost the plot, but I didn't think he'd descended so low as to become a BBCRB after match caller, that's one step above primordial slime. :shock:

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 06 Mar 2018 22:57

John Madejski's Wallet Mental formation,

Bloody 4-3-3, we should stick to a real formation like 3-4-1-2! :wink:

Probably 6/10s for everyone from me, except for Kelly, Barrow (just for the goal), and Holmes who would get 6.5. None of them were flawless but they all bought something.

Edwards is like the opposite of Jem Karacan - instead of doing the things nobody notices, he doesn't do anything worthwhile except occasionally score.

Jaakola's kicking was poor and hopefully Mannone was only dropped to give him a wake-up.

Bacuna and Richards, and even Blackett, should be preferred to Clement.

Martin didn't get himself involved enough, though he clearly has quality as demonstrated by that incredible pass to Kelly in the first half.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 06 Mar 2018 23:09

Utter tripe. Truly dreadful rubbish that sinks to the very depths of the trash and garbage that Bullivant managed to serve up exactly 20 years ago.

All credit to those that still turn up to watch it every week in the vain hope that something resembling some form of watchable entertainment might manifest itself amongst those in blue and white.

No confidence, no leadership, no desire. If there was any of that Stam’s managed to successfully knock it out with his weird team formations, player selections and naffing tedious playing style

Playing against a very poor Bolton side and being outfought, creating next to nothing and probably being lucky to cling on to a point about says it all.

Fans hoping that three sides beneath Reading can remain in worse condition as it doesn’t look like another win will come our way this season - and certainly not with performances as poor as that.

All aboard the Stam express, next stop Oldham or Accrington, or Southend or Luton or even 0xf0rd

Oh well, can’t wait for Leeds, got change soon hasn’t it and I want to be there when it happens.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 06 Mar 2018 23:13

Fairly disgusted with that display. We were playing for a draw at home to Bolton in the 2nd half which to me is fairly unacceptable.

We have no divine right to win games but I think the players and manager have a responsibility to go after games at home against sides around us in the league.

The Real Sandhurst Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by The Real Sandhurst Royal » 06 Mar 2018 23:17

Two poor sides with no cutting edge to win the game.

A point is better than none.

Referee poor, stopping play continually.

Highlight of the night. The reception for Jem Katacan when he came on as a sub from the 8,631,

The Real Sandhurst Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by The Real Sandhurst Royal » 06 Mar 2018 23:18

Two poor sides with no cutting edge to win the game.

A point is better than none.

Referee poor, stopped play continually.

Highlight of the night. The reception for Jem Katacan when he came on as a sub from the 8,631,

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 06 Mar 2018 23:18

Best link up play all season - Kelly and Le Fondre. Sign him up!

Royality creeps In
Hob Nob Regular

by Royality creeps In » 06 Mar 2018 23:26

It just does not get any better. That was bloody Horrible. It tells you everything that we were lucky to get a point against a another poor side. If i was a Bolton fan I would be disappointed with a point, they deserved more.

As for our shambles

Players playing out of position
Players going for the same ball
Goalkeeper who couldn't catch or kick
Manager who is away with the fairies
Crowds dwindling
The team/squad in terminal decline
etc. etc.

Then to top it off you hear the manager talk absolute riddles and bollocks on the radio.

Good night and for some godforsaken reason see some of you Saturday

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 06 Mar 2018 23:27

Jaakola was simply shocking, punching a ball away that my granny could have caught, if he`s the alternative to Mannone god help us.

Gunny Fishcake
Hob Nob Regular

by Gunny Fishcake » 06 Mar 2018 23:29

It’s almost sad, our club’s current dire state is summed up by this truly dreadful game between two shocking poor sides played in front of a pitiful crowd of 8500 odd.

It’s only by the grace of god there are three teams unbelievably worse than us that will probably prevent relegation.

Only Barrow, Kelly and debutant Holmes worthy of a mention.The rest looked like pub players.

The fans have simple had enough hence the attendances are plummeting. There’s no leadership, direction or desire in our football club creating an atmosphere of abject misery that’s as bad as I can remember in the history of the MadStad and I’ve had a season ticket from day one.

As for Stam, I’m not even going to waste a moments breath on him.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 07 Mar 2018 00:02

A bit of luxury for me and my lad tonight. I won the Royals Rewards raffle so we had a freebie in the Premier Suite tonight and it was excellent. Much needed as I have driven 559 miles with work and going to the match tonight.

I thought Jaakkola was very dodgy. He was completely unwilling to catch the ball and he made two really poor clearances.
What was Kelly doing gifting the ball to ALF in the first half It ended up being a massive let off for us.
Gunter made a couple of crucial clearances and sent over a peach of a cross at the death. Barrow lively in the first half but quiet in the second.

I’ve had enough of Aluko. Once again he kept drifting infield. It never bloody works.
Martin is bang average.
The new lad did well although he was caught out of position a couple of times.
Another dreadful goal conceded with the marking all over the place.

Kudos to the Bolton fans. They didn’t stop singing in the second half.
Another truly dreadful attendance. It was matched by the performance.
We look every inch a relegation side. Bolton dictated the game and should have won.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 07 Mar 2018 00:13

Zip A bit of luxury for me and my lad tonight. I won the Royals Rewards raffle so we had a freebie in the Premier Suite tonight and it was excellent. Much needed as I have driven 559 miles with work and going to the match tonight.

I thought Jaakkola was very dodgy. He was completely unwilling to catch the ball and he made two really poor clearances.
What was Kelly doing gifting the ball to ALF in the first half It ended up being a massive let off for us.
Gunter made a couple of crucial clearances and sent over a peach of a cross at the death. Barrow lively in the first half but quiet in the second.

I’ve had enough of Aluko. Once again he kept drifting infield. It never bloody works.
Martin is bang average.

We look every inch a relegation side. Bolton dictated the game and should have won.

Do you seriously believe that Aluko drifts infield by choice? I`m pretty sick of him being made the scapegoat when the whole bloody team are under peforming.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 07 Mar 2018 00:17

windermereROYAL
Zip A bit of luxury for me and my lad tonight. I won the Royals Rewards raffle so we had a freebie in the Premier Suite tonight and it was excellent. Much needed as I have driven 559 miles with work and going to the match tonight.

Martin is bang average.

Do you seriously believe that Aluko drifts infield by choice? I`m pretty sick of him being made the scapegoat when the whole bloody team are under peforming.

You tell me? How do you know it’s just down to Stam? Besides players have brains. If it ain’t working don’t keeping on doing it.
It’s not just Aluko. Most of them are performing poorly. However we paid a lot of money for him and expected so much more. I can’t remember his last goal or assist as it’s so long ago.

Reading4eva
Hob Nob Regular

by Reading4eva » 07 Mar 2018 00:20

windermereROYAL

Martin is bang average.

Mate, the bloke is toilet. I question if he would get his game if he played for Accrington Stanley. Stam is on a self destruct mission though so I'm not surprised he insists in sticking him on constantly

Jackson Corner
Hob Nob Regular

by Jackson Corner » 07 Mar 2018 00:22

Utter bollox the team selection made no sense at all. Stam has just lost the plot his post match talk made no sense just the same old crap about how physical they are and competing for second balls and trying to do the right thing. We are going down make no mistake and it’s heartbreaking to see the club in this state. What must Sir John be thinking? The club he built from nothing disintegrating and heading into oblivion and a very uncertain future.

bracksroyal10

by bracksroyal10 » 07 Mar 2018 00:24

Utter shambles collectively as a team. Back the boys and make some noise? How about they back the fans and show their appreciation with some decent performances!

If we can only create 1 or 2 chances against Bolton then I’m sorry we deserve to go down. How anyone is playing as bad and below us is a mystery Jesus Christ must be a Reading fan!

Only big positive was the young lad Holmes who aquitted himself brilliantly for his age, Aluko once again so careless on the ball he would struggle to get in a decent Sunday league team.

I am sick of this getting behind the boys to be spat back in the face by an arrogant manager and players who are consistently playing way under their capability thinking they can go on autopilot mode and still be safe at the end of the season.

The fans seriously need to unite and stop the rot of your own club, so many people are Stam/Gourlay out on BBC Berks/Twitter it’s a joke and yet we aren’t visually showing this at games all we do is boo!

1 win in 15, it’s a diabolical situation and one that would have been dealt with ages ago had we been in the premier league.

Time to stop accepting this garbage because we deserve better and we are much better than this as a club.

Diablo Diablo

by Diablo Diablo » 07 Mar 2018 00:44

Another appalling performance - Bolton missed 3 sitters in the first half and could have been out of sight by half time.

Overall the whole team were poor, so little positive to take from it.

Jaakola failed to catch the ball several times as he insisted on punching the ball every time very weakly and his distribution of the ball - or should I say kicking was appalling. Bring Mannone back.

Holmes tried hard and worked hard but no one should get carried away with this debut.

Frankly he was out of his depth and with only Clement to cover him as wing back it was almost unfair to throw him in at the deep end in a game like this.

He is too slow to play anywhere other than centre half and a back 3 exposed this more, Le Fondre gave him a torrid time. We were lucky his mistakes in the first half did not cost us more goals other than him and Clement being AWOL for their equaliser with several unmarked players on their left (our right) where the ball came in from.

Second half Holmes played better but is no solution and if they play him there in that formation against some of the pacy Leeds players we will be in serious trouble at the weekend.

Barrow fortunately did one thing all game and scored which is good - rest of the game he was AWOL and how many times did he give the ball away misplacing passes ?

Little you can say about the rest other than Bod looks a better bet than Martin up front as he is quicker and more mobile, but any striker will fail to score with zero service so can we hardly be critical about whoever leads the line (same story all season).

There just seems to be a sense of complete resignation to our fate - can anyone see where we might win a game if we cannot beat Bolton or compete against Milwall and the likes ?

How few will show up for the next few home games at this rate .....

Can we rely on the bottom 4 being so bad they never win another game ? One thinks not as 2 wins will shake it all up and looking through the fixtures I can see opportunities for some of them.