Rumour: Denis Kolinger

15 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
maffff
Hob Nob Addict

Rumour: Denis Kolinger

by maffff » 16 May 2018 18:24

The currant bun is linking us to one of these, whatever it is.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Rumour: Denis Kolinger

by From Despair To Where? » 16 May 2018 19:13

Well, the internet clips of him suggest he's about 9ft tall but seems a reasonable ball playing cb. Does like to fly into a tackle though (reckless? poor positioning and reading of the game?) so maybe a red card waiting to happen and I've no idea what standard the Croat top flight is, although he is a full international.

Not the worst highlights clip I've ever seen but not the best either but highlights videos mean fcuk all.

TiagoIlori

by TiagoIlori » 16 May 2018 19:43

Croatian league isn’t particularly great but plenty of talent has come from there. Must be at least championship quality to have made the Croatian squad and have premier league Brighton after him though

WoodleyRoyal
Hob Nob Addict
Location: when was the last time you did something for the first time?

Rumour - Denis Kolinger

by WoodleyRoyal » 17 May 2018 11:59

Kolinger is said to fancy a move to English football, with Brighton & Hove Albion, Middlesbrough and Reading rumoured to be keen.

Brighton & Hove Albion, Middlesbrough and Reading are 'tracking' Lokomotiva Zagreb defender Denis Kolinger, according to the Sun.

Kolinger, who was born in Germany but has been capped once by Croatia, is said to fancy a move to England this summer.

And it is claimed he could be available for a 'cut price' £1 million to rumoured suitors Brighton, Middlesbrough and Reading - despite having two years left on his contract.

6ft 5ins Kolinger could fill the void created by Uwe Hunemeier's departure from Brighton, whose Premier League status may give them the upper hand.

However, with Brighton's Lewis Dunk and Shane Duffy having forged an impressive partnership over the past two seasons, his best chance of first team football could come in the Championship with either Middlesbrough or Reading.

Middlesbrough were eliminated from the play-offs by Aston Villa on Wednesday, consigning them to another season in the second tier, where Reading will remain after their last-day survival.

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2018/05/16/re ... al/page/1/

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Rumour - Denis Kolinger

by Hendo » 17 May 2018 12:23

Literally the 5th topic down :roll:

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 17 May 2018 12:24

Do you have to let it Kolinger?

Do you have to? Do you have to? Do you have to let it Kolinger?

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 17 May 2018 13:00

Kolllllinger! He's the man, the man with the great first touch!

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 18 May 2018 09:16

So a new central defender would seem to be of interest to the club. Linked to this chap and Reece Burke, plus there may be interest in Elphick depending on where Vill will be playing next season.

Ilori, Moore, McShane, Blackett I actually think is weak with McShane in the last year of his contract plus question marks over Blackett and Ilori. Add to that Moore being about the only saleable asset at the club.

We do appear to have a couple of promising youungsters in Holmes and Andresson but they're more likely to be loan material than

Certainly could do with someone useful and more importantly someone who can lead.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 18 May 2018 09:20

I like Ilori and Moore, but agree McShane is past his sell by, and that Sheff Weds sending off probably was the final straw for Blackett, even though I think he is reasonable CB

Would need to shift either of McShane or Blackett out before getting someone in I'd imagine. I don't think Moore will go anywhere tbh

Norfolk Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Norfolk Royal » 18 May 2018 09:21

I think he's signed for the Reading basketball team, if there is one.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 18 May 2018 09:27

Hound I like Ilori and Moore, but agree McShane is past his sell by, and that Sheff Weds sending off probably was the final straw for Blackett, even though I think he is reasonable CB

Would need to shift either of McShane or Blackett out before getting someone in I'd imagine. I don't think Moore will go anywhere tbh

Really? I think he is 100% off to the Premier League. I will be stunned if he is still here next season and to be honest he deserves better at this stage of his career. The club can get over £5million for him quite comfortably so probably would be keen to sell if they can get players like Kolinger in on the cheap.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 18 May 2018 10:00

not that sure. the rumours on him went very quiet towards the back end of last year, and some of his performances would have turned off potential suitors. We'd be unwilling to sell for less than £5m and he is on a long contract.

Could see someone like West Brom being interested, but he may decide he is better off where he is

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 18 May 2018 11:44

Hound not that sure. the rumours on him went very quiet towards the back end of last year, and some of his performances would have turned off potential suitors. We'd be unwilling to sell for less than £5m and he is on a long contract.

Could see someone like West Brom being interested, but he may decide he is better off where he is

It would signify a lot of problems behind the scenes if he moves to a recently relegated club in the same division. Would have thought some bottom prem clubs more realistic.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 18 May 2018 16:56

Although a recently relegated team has two positive factors.

Potential bouncebackability. And parachute payments. Plain and simple Brom could easily improve his wages and talk up a chance of top flight return.

I don't think it's particularly clear either way whether he'll stay or go.

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

by maffff » 18 May 2018 22:33

Hound not that sure. the rumours on him went very quiet towards the back end of last year, and some of his performances would have turned off potential suitors. We'd be unwilling to sell for less than £5m and he is on a long contract.

15 posts   •   Page 1 of 1