R16: Colombia v England

305 posts
BR0B0T
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: R16: Colombia v England

by BR0B0T » 04 Jul 2018 17:55

Silver Fox It's been said before but literally the worst thing about the modern world is people having to get their phones out to record things rather than just enjoying the moment :|

Chillax grandad...that's part of enjoying the moment now

tulip
Hob Nob Addict

by tulip » 04 Jul 2018 18:12

genome I've spent my whole lunch hour watching goal reaction videos. There's a quality one from the Guardian that had a fixed camera on the fans for the entire match including the whole penalty shoot out. You could see every ounce of pain, despair, joy and ecstasy on their faces. There's one particular chap in a waistcoat who is really entertaining to watch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EtpSI8JHTlo

Here are the English in Amsterdam for you.

https://www.nu.nl/240469/video/britten- ... redirect=1

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 04 Jul 2018 18:59

windermereROYAL
genome I've spent my whole lunch hour watching goal reaction videos. There's a quality one from the Guardian that had a fixed camera on the fans for the entire match including the whole penalty shoot out. You could see every ounce of pain, despair, joy and ecstasy on their faces. There's one particular chap in a waistcoat who is really entertaining to watch.

Not working. This live event has not yet started.

:lol:

Yeah, it’s a replay of a live stream. Scroll through towards the end of the video

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 04 Jul 2018 19:08

Victor Meldrew Didn't Pickford go to his right and save with his left as he tried to do with the Belgium goal?

The penalty save saw him dive low to his right and save with his left hand as the ball was going quite central, making his left hand not only the closest to the ball but the only one that could have got anywhere near the ball. If you want to call that the wrong hand because expert pundits suggested using his left hand when diving to the top right corner of his goal, then I guess you can go ahead.

Interestingly*, the excellent save he pulled off that led to the Colombian corner was kind of similar but to the other corner. This time he used his correct hand and tipped it round the post (see the gif posted earlier in the thread).

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 04 Jul 2018 19:09

genome
windermereROYAL

Yeah, it’s a replay of a live stream. Scroll through towards the end of the video

Got it, that is class :D the Colombian equaliser is worth a watch from 3 hours to 3 hours 2 minutes.

Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict

by Victor Meldrew » 04 Jul 2018 19:47

Hoop Blah
Victor Meldrew Didn't Pickford go to his right and save with his left as he tried to do with the Belgium goal?

The penalty save saw him dive low to his right and save with his left hand as the ball was going quite central, making his left hand not only the closest to the ball but the only one that could have got anywhere near the ball. If you want to call that the wrong hand because expert pundits suggested using his left hand when diving to the top right corner of his goal, then I guess you can go ahead.

Interestingly*, the excellent save he pulled off that led to the Colombian corner was kind of similar but to the other corner. This time he used his correct hand and tipped it round the post (see the gif posted earlier in the thread).

I'm not going to argue-it was a great save using his second hand. :wink:

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 04 Jul 2018 20:17

Having a great time reading all the salty tweets from non English and Colombians. Not seen salt like it before.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 04 Jul 2018 21:51

Quarter to ten the day after. Just reminding those, it’s coming home.

John Madejski's Wallet
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Anyone who lives within their means shows a serious lack of imagination

by John Madejski's Wallet » 04 Jul 2018 23:36

genome
windermereROYAL

Really enjoyed watching that crowd in the pens :D

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 04 Jul 2018 23:42

Maradona wearing Colombia shirt and claiming Colombia were robbed and the refereee was biased towards England. Coke things.... :shock:

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 05 Jul 2018 07:33

Maneki Neko
Sebastian the Red
Maneki Neko bloke on the line was at fault for the goal. tried to be clever and flick it up and over the bar rather than back into play and ended up flicking it into the net

At fault, but not because he was trying to be clever. For me it looked like he was anticipating a straight header into the top corner, and timed his jump accordingly - but it actually went down and bounced up so he was already on the way down as it was heading towards him, and could only try a desperate flick. A mistake, but a very much forgivable one.

ok. ill let him off

Trippier said that was exactly what happened in his interview and was very upfront about it being an error. Said he was determined to score his pen to make up for it. Legend.

Sebastian the Red

by Sebastian the Red » 05 Jul 2018 08:18

Snowflake Royal
Maneki Neko
Sebastian the Red
At fault, but not because he was trying to be clever. For me it looked like he was anticipating a straight header into the top corner, and timed his jump accordingly - but it actually went down and bounced up so he was already on the way down as it was heading towards him, and could only try a desperate flick. A mistake, but a very much forgivable one.

ok. ill let him off

Trippier said that was exactly what happened in his interview and was very upfront about it being an error. Said he was determined to score his pen to make up for it. Legend.

Oh I didn’t catch that. Delighted he had the chance to put it right.

stealthpapes
Hob Nob Addict

by stealthpapes » 05 Jul 2018 10:18

Victor Meldrew
paultheroyal
In other words Victor has had a mare here.

Not sure how you reach that conclusion.

He read your posts.

BR0B0T
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by BR0B0T » 05 Jul 2018 10:33

stealthpapes
Victor Meldrew
paultheroyal
In other words Victor has had a mare here.

Not sure how you reach that conclusion.

He read your posts.

TheSpread

by TheSpread » 06 Jul 2018 09:22

BREAKING: Liverpool confirm Jordan Henderson suffered concussion in the Colombia game which led to the penalty miss

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 06 Jul 2018 09:37

So glad you're back Kes

TheSpread

by TheSpread » 06 Jul 2018 09:45

Since I've signed up, I've been called Geoff and I've been called Kes. WTF?

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 06 Jul 2018 09:51

TheSpread Since I've signed up, I've been called Geoff and I've been called Kes. WTF?

Cheers Geoff.

Green
Hob Nob Legend

by Green » 06 Jul 2018 12:23

TheSpread Since I've signed up, I've been called Geoff and I've been called Kes. WTF?

Hi HaroLOLd

Maneki Neko
Hob Nob Legend

by Maneki Neko » 06 Jul 2018 14:02

genuinely surprised by the one eyed bitterness on display from Columbia fans on twitter. still.

305 posts