SPECULATION - MOHAMED EISA

by savage 4 england » 11 Jun 2018 17:41

No rumour at all.

This should be the type of signing we should be looking at:
- 23 goals in League Two last season;
- 23 years old;
- Looks quick and create something out of nothing; and
- Relatively cheaper wages.

It would probably be a lot of money for someone from League Two (£1-2m), but given the current climate it seems like a reasonable risk.

It seems Brentford are sniffing around and they have been excellent at snapping up players from the lower leagues.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

Re: SPECULATION - MOHAMED EISA

by Snowflake Royal » 11 Jun 2018 18:29

Big jump from League 2... I'd want to see evidence of quality over more than two seasons if we want someone to jump two divisions. I'd rather give Nova, Smith, Loader and Bod some faith than pay £1m for a guy off the back of one very good season in L2.

Crowbar6753

by Crowbar6753 » 11 Jun 2018 18:37

Snowflake Royal Big jump from League 2... I'd want to see evidence of quality over more than two seasons if we want someone to jump two divisions. I'd rather give Nova, Smith, Loader and Bod some faith than pay £1m for a guy off the back of one very good season in L2.

I totally understand getting evidence of his quality over a period of time, but sometimes you have to make gut decisions. Two years down the road after two more good seasons then we would be priced out of buying the player altogether? and the vultures would have snapped him up.

MM

by MM » 11 Jun 2018 19:08

Agree 100% this is exactly the player I would like us to sign. He's been improving steadily over two seasons and would be a great signing. We'd still need another striker, and plenty of other better players too though.

TiagoIlori

by TiagoIlori » 11 Jun 2018 19:12

Snowflake Royal Big jump from League 2... I'd want to see evidence of quality over more than two seasons if we want someone to jump two divisions. I'd rather give Nova, Smith, Loader and Bod some faith than pay £1m for a guy off the back of one very good season in L2.

£1m is nothing these days, just pay the price if it is so and then see what happens

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 11 Jun 2018 20:37

Crowbar6753

I totally understand getting evidence of his quality over a period of time, but sometimes you have to make gut decisions. Two years down the road after two more good seasons then we would be priced out of buying the player altogether? and the vultures would have snapped him up.

Sorry I meant over more than one season, so at least two. You're right it does mean possibly missing out. I'm not sure we need another prospect not necessarily ready to step up yet though. As signings go, it wouldn't be horrible though.

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 12 Jun 2018 10:01

STOP POSTING ABOUT THESE PLAYERS - THEY AREN'T GOING TO PLAY BECAUSE THEY'RE NOT GOOD ENOUGH

Mo Eisa is an absolute machine, I'd be very open to this signing

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 12 Jun 2018 10:08

certainly wouldn't argue if we tried to sign this chap

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 12 Jun 2018 20:06

Hound certainly wouldn't argue if we tried to sign this chap

Yes you would

linkenholtroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by linkenholtroyal » 12 Jun 2018 21:17

leon

Yes you would

No he wouldn’t :D

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 12 Jun 2018 21:58

John Smith

STOP POSTING ABOUT THESE PLAYERS - THEY AREN'T GOING TO PLAY BECAUSE THEY'RE NOT GOOD ENOUGH

Mo Eisa is an absolute machine, I'd be very open to this signing

There's justification for Novakovich, he's had a great standard, scoring 22 goals in a league that is of a higher standard than League Two.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 12 Jun 2018 22:15

leon

Yes you would

Yeah you’re probably right

savage 4 england

by savage 4 england » 05 Jul 2018 13:01

Brentford supposedly have had a bid of £500k rising up to £1m accepted.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 05 Jul 2018 19:26

savage 4 england Brentford supposedly have had a bid of £500k rising up to £1m accepted.

Yep I think this is a very decent punt. Would have liked us to have gone after him.

Tommio

by Tommio » 05 Jul 2018 19:51

savage 4 england Brentford supposedly have had a bid of £500k rising up to £1m accepted.

Showing to all the stroppy kids on twitter that McNulty is overpriced.

Jerry St Clair
Hob Nob Regular

by Jerry St Clair » 06 Jul 2018 10:35

Mo is absolutely fantastic. He came in to Cheltenham this time last year and was expected to be a squad player backing up the established centre forwards. But he broke into the team and sparkled in poor/bog-average League Two side. I'd love to see what he could do in a half decent team. And he seems to be a bloody nice chap too.

We'd want £1m+ for him though, ta.

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 06 Jul 2018 11:42

Jerry St Clair Mo is absolutely fantastic. He came in to Cheltenham this time last year and was expected to be a squad player backing up the established centre forwards. But he broke into the team and sparkled in poor/bog-average League Two side. I'd love to see what he could do in a half decent team. And he seems to be a bloody nice chap too.

We'd want £1m+ for him though, ta.

"We'd want £1m+ for him though, ta." oxf*rd off mate this is a Reading FC forum - jog on back to your Cheltenham page

Jerry St Clair
Hob Nob Regular

by Jerry St Clair » 06 Jul 2018 12:58

John Smith "We'd want £1m+ for him though, ta." oxf*rd off mate this is a Reading FC forum - jog on back to your Cheltenham page

Are you new here, m8?

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 06 Jul 2018 13:04

Jerry St Clair
John Smith "We'd want £1m+ for him though, ta." oxf*rd off mate this is a Reading FC forum - jog on back to your Cheltenham page

Are you new here, m8?

No. But I'm not sure what that would have to do with anything?
Jerry St Clair I have developed a real affection for the Robins, while my affection for Reading is waning. If they ever played each other I genuinely don't know where my allegiance would lie. There's a good chance I'd find myself in the away end of the Madejski. Something I never, ever thought could happen.

^ This is the most worrying and painful thing I've ever read on this forum - you are a total disgrace and a joke. You've got to go.

Jerry St Clair
Hob Nob Regular

by Jerry St Clair » 06 Jul 2018 13:09

John Smith
Jerry St Clair

Are you new here, m8?

No. But I'm not sure what that would have to do with anything?
Jerry St Clair I have developed a real affection for the Robins, while my affection for Reading is waning. If they ever played each other I genuinely don't know where my allegiance would lie. There's a good chance I'd find myself in the away end of the Madejski. Something I never, ever thought could happen.

^ This is the most worrying and painful thing I've ever read on this forum - you are a total disgrace and a joke. You've got to go.

Thanks, that's high praise. Where do I pick up my prize?