FC Halifax Town v Barrow
Gateshead v Salford City
Hartlepool United v Harrogate Town
Havant & Waterlooville v Boreham Wood
Leyton Orient v Ebbsfleet United
Solihull Moors v Maidenhead United
Sutton United v Eastleigh
Wrexham v AFC Fylde

Maidenhead finish the season at home to Chesterfield and play Aldershot Town on Boxing and New Year days.

Also Maidenhead's game v Maidstone at York Road on 25th August is on the telly.

Slough start their season at home to Hampton and Richmond and travel to Chippenham Town for their first away game

Old Man Andrews

Re: The Non - League thread

by Old Man Andrews » 05 Jul 2018 09:34

Promotion must be realistic for Salford surely?

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 05 Jul 2018 10:12

Old Man Andrews Promotion must be realistic for Salford surely?

They're bookies favourites but I don't understand how? They've just been promoted. There's way better teams in the league in my view; Wrexham, for example.

Tony Le Mesmer
Hob Nob Regular

by Tony Le Mesmer » 05 Jul 2018 14:32

John Smith

They're bookies favourites but I don't understand how? They've just been promoted. There's way better teams in the league in my view; Wrexham, for example.

Because they have a far greater budget than anyone else in the division. They will probably have the strongest squad on paper come the start of the season.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 06 Jul 2018 10:48

After 6 years at the helm Mick Woodham has left Windsor, with the following blast....

“You will not get many better clubs at this level and it was the dream job for me but, for my own sanity and the people close to me as well, it was for the best. I can no longer tolerate the Chairman and do not want to work for him.”

Royalist

by Royalist » 06 Jul 2018 12:49

Well this took considerably longer than I thought it would. :lol:

Although the first half of his statement doesn't tally with the rest!!

Rea Ding

by Rea Ding » 07 Jul 2018 18:22

FA cup extra prelimary round draw made yesterday.
Tadley Cavella vs Baffins Milton Rovers
Reading City vs Chipping Sodbury
Windsor vs Highworth

Think ill go for a new local ground and visit Tadley againat their opponents from portsmouth!
What English names in that tie, brilliant!

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 07 Jul 2018 20:25

Yeah :wink:

Just where is Reading City exactly???

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 09 Jul 2018 08:08

Sutekh
Sutekh
Sutekh And the ********* about in non-league at Steps 3 & 4 continues.

Out of nowhere Shaw Lane have resigned from the Evostik Northern League due to a failure to find investment. So rather than just deciding to play that league with one team less and deal with the gap next year the leagues have decided on further reshuffles causing Hednesford Town, Fleet Town and Banbury United to be shifted and for those clubs to then appeal due to increased travel costs plus the fact they’ve already been recruiting management and players based on the divisions they were put in 5 weeks ago.

In Fleet’s case the switch to Southern League West would cause a 300% increase in budget and, according to their chairman, force the club out of business.

However all this may well set alarm bells ringing at Bracknell and Marlow as I presume the SL/IL wouldn’t want to force a club out of business unless there is absolutely no other alternative and if Fleet do get put back in the IL then one of Bracknell or Marlow may well be seen as the next alternative to be shunted into the SL

The only two clubs gaining out of it are Wimborne Town who will move up to Step 3 and, oddly, Essex club F.C. Romania who have moved up to Isthmian North at Step 4 despite the fact that Sholing had a better playing record in the Wessex League (91 points from 42 games compared to Romania’s 88 points from 42 games in the Essex Senior). I presume that Sholing turned down promotion which is a shame as they would geographically have been a straight replacement for Wimborne and all the tinkering involving Fleet at least could have been avoided.

And there were we all thinking creating a new Central League would sort all this out - seems to be a lot more moaning and complaining by clubs than ever and in this case it really does seem justified.

Elsewhere Sutton United and Boreham Wood will be playing in the Irn-Bru Cup next season. Looks like this is the Scottish League equivalent of the Checkatrade/Associate Members Cup but that has been extended to also include invites to clubs from N.Ireland, RoI, Wales and now, for the first time, England.

Apparently the appeals on the reshuffle caused by Shaw Lane’s demise are to be heard on Monday. All strikes me as being a bit late in the day, aren’t the Step 1-4 fixtures usually due out in the first week of July?

By the way, when is the equivalent “Rothmans” yearbook for the non league game usually out?

Surprise, surprise, appeals rejected. Fleet now join the Southern League West.

Fleet have made it clear they cannot afford to be in that league nor can they afford to pay the fine associated with resigning from the league. Have stated they will play the season essentially using their youth team as can not afford the travel and playing budget.

Believe they may have even set up a crowd funding page.

Tony Le Mesmer
Hob Nob Regular

by Tony Le Mesmer » 09 Jul 2018 09:18

Stranded
Sutekh
Sutekh
Apparently the appeals on the reshuffle caused by Shaw Lane’s demise are to be heard on Monday. All strikes me as being a bit late in the day, aren’t the Step 1-4 fixtures usually due out in the first week of July?

By the way, when is the equivalent “Rothmans” yearbook for the non league game usually out?

Surprise, surprise, appeals rejected. Fleet now join the Southern League West.

Fleet have made it clear they cannot afford to be in that league nor can they afford to pay the fine associated with resigning from the league. Have stated they will play the season essentially using their youth team as can not afford the travel and playing budget.

Believe they may have even set up a crowd funding page.

Basically sandbagging for a year then. Get relegated and start a fresh at step 5. Seems like their only realistic option.

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 09 Jul 2018 15:32

The difference in travel between those two Southern League divisions is a bit daft though. And West looks quite a bit more difficult too.

Shame for Fleet, but not sure what else could be done.

Tony Le Mesmer
Hob Nob Regular

by Tony Le Mesmer » 10 Jul 2018 09:58

Hoop Blah The difference in travel between those two Southern League divisions is a bit daft though. And West looks quite a bit more difficult too.

Shame for Fleet, but not sure what else could be done.

I think they could have just not replaced Shaw lane and left a gap in their division for one year. Seems to me they've dug a big hole out of small rut.

Four Of Clubs
Hob Nob Regular

by Four Of Clubs » 10 Jul 2018 20:33

..... some purse-tightening going on : the re-branded Highmoor/IBIS have reportedly 'cut adrift' their 2nd 3rd and beyond strings, that were part of the Thames Valley league - opting to run only 1sts and a 'Development' outfit.

The less charitable viewpoint locally, is that it might also have had something to do with image - their Reserves A & B sides were not the most popular down the local Sat leagues - lots of disciplinary issues and disputes with TVL / RSL officialdom. :?

In very similar vein, latest news for Oxford City FC is that their 'unofficial' Reserve side, Nomads, have been pulled from the Hellenic Premier at the 11th hour, leaving the league to run with an odd number - very unlikely Burnham would welcome a reprieve even if offered.

Henley Town's return to the league also seemed prematurely heralded. They are no longer part of the 18/19 constitution according to various Twitter sources.

Will start throwing out some PSF titbits once this bash in Moscow is over. :twisted:

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 12 Jul 2018 21:14

Looks like Rob Lazarczuk is back at Windsor.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 13 Jul 2018 08:06

Four Of Clubs ..... some purse-tightening going on : the re-branded Highmoor/IBIS have reportedly 'cut adrift' their 2nd 3rd and beyond strings, that were part of the Thames Valley league - opting to run only 1sts and a 'Development' outfit.

There is absolutely some funny money behind the club. I will give them 6 months before they are found out and thrown out the league.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 13 Jul 2018 09:42

Isthmian League opening fixtures:

Saturday 11th August

South Central

Ashford Town (Middx) v Hertford Town
Bracknell Town v Waltham Abbey
Chalfont St Peter v Chipstead
Cheshunt v Hayes & Yeading United
Egham Town v Hanwell Town
Marlow v Molesey
Northwood v Tooting & Mitcham United
Uxbridge v Westfield
Ware v South Park

Saturday 18th August

South Central

Chipstead v Ashford Town (Middx)
FC Romania v Northwood
Hanwell Town v Bedfont Sports
Hayes & Yeading United v Egham Town
Hertford Town v Chalfont St Peter
Molesey v Bracknell Town
South Park v Uxbridge
Tooting & Mitcham United v Ware
Waltham Abbey v Cheshunt
Westfield v Ware

For the record FC Romania play in Cheshunt

Wonder why Ashford Town (Middx) still call themselves that seeing as Ashford Town (the one in Kent) folded in 2011 and reformed as Ashford United. Is there another Ashford Town somewhere?

No sign of the SL fixtures yet....

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 13 Jul 2018 23:42

Royal Rother Looks like Rob Lazarczuk is back at Windsor.

Eddie Lazarczuk has joined Reading City.

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 18 Jul 2018 11:57

Not the only on who's back now is he RR? What's going on at Windsor? All seems a little farcical!

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 18 Jul 2018 13:04

Hoop Blah

Not the only on who's back now is he RR? What's going on at Windsor? All seems a little farcical!

Us supporters are happy with the outcome but it is a little unedifying to be sure.

(Context - Mick Woodham reinstated as manager having kissed and made up with Chairman Kevin Stott.)

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 19 Jul 2018 17:21

Tony Le Mesmer
John Smith

Because they have a far greater budget than anyone else in the division. They will probably have the strongest squad on paper come the start of the season.

Evidence of that budget is that they’ve now signed a forward, Adam Rooney, from Aberdeen!

10440 posts