Josh Sims - Confimred?

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

Josh Sims - Confimred?

by NewCorkSeth » 20 Aug 2018 18:28

Sims like it.
Last edited by NewCorkSeth on 20 Aug 2018 18:31, edited 1 time in total.

McDermolenko

Re: Josh Sims - Confirmed?

by McDermolenko » 20 Aug 2018 18:30

Happy with that

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 20 Aug 2018 18:30

I realise now my phones autocorrect changed it back from Confimred. I'm sorry.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 20 Aug 2018 18:35

Hope he knows the championship is no game.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 20 Aug 2018 18:39

I'd rather joan Sims.

Who is he?

EDIT: ah, young Saints winger with PL appearances. Get him in the side... :)
Begs the question what's wrong with him if we've signed him?

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 20 Aug 2018 18:49

Snowflake Royal I'd rather joan Sims.

Who is he?

EDIT: ah, young Saints winger with PL appearances. Get him in the side... :)
Begs the question what's wrong with him if we've signed him?

Im sure hes had a serious injury or 2.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 20 Aug 2018 18:49

So presumably the Dyer deal is off

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 20 Aug 2018 18:58

Confirmed? or already condemned here?

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 20 Aug 2018 19:04

AthleticoSpizz Confirmed? or already condemned here?

Confirmed and imho one of our better signings of the summer

alfie9

by alfie9 » 20 Aug 2018 19:04

I guess Dyer watched the Bolton game and called it off :lol:

Hiram K Hackenbacker

by Hiram K Hackenbacker » 20 Aug 2018 19:19

alfie9 I guess Dyer watched the Bolton game and called it off :lol:

I agree

Berry

by Berry » 20 Aug 2018 20:03

So we had too many wingers then not enough and who will get on the end of crosses?...Bod or the tall McNulty...Who's running the club FFS

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 20 Aug 2018 20:05

Cool, happy enough with that. Hopefully add a bit of extra life to the attacking play

Seemed to go completely under the radar. I reckon PC will prob let Popa and/or Harriott in the very near future

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 20 Aug 2018 21:04

Can only assume this is the surprise loan that PC referred to recently.

Saints fans seemed pretty pissed that he has gone on loan.

FiNeRaIn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by FiNeRaIn » 20 Aug 2018 21:07

We go all summer whinging and complaining about the lack of a quality striker during the last 18 month, we start the season with a punt from a lower league, Bod whose career goal average is almost 1 in 6 and Baldock who has scored 18 goals in 79 appearances in the championship. Not complete shit by any means, but definitely not high pedigree and he missed almost an entire season last year at Brighton. We start the season utter shit, again, like most people thought we would. What is our next signing to address 1 goal in 3 games? Another oxf*rd winger of which we have an abundance.

The problem wasn't Stam, It's not Clement or whichever manager will be next, its the oxf*rd idiotic, ridiculous recruitment by individuals with no awareness or quite simply ulterior motives ( possible financially). This guy is probably a decent player, I have no issues with whether or not he may add something, but the problem is so painfully obvious we have no pace, movement, quality in front of goal or anything that will put fear into the opposition and we keep adding to other areas instead. What the hell are they doing?

Jordan Rhodes, Scott Hogan, Bamford and even Oliveira is still knocking around. We could have even stuck a bid in for Gestede. These are all people who have scored goals and been quality in this division at some point and are all under 30 still. Would they all work out? Probably not, but there is a lot more there to suggest with the right coaching, regular playing time and team dynamic they could reach that form again. There's others that fit this category as well so I don't want to hear strikers with pedigree don't grow on trees, there is enough to chose from if you have a sensible transfer policy. We don't. Goals win games. Wake up.

Henley Royal 1

by Henley Royal 1 » 20 Aug 2018 21:15

Come in to my life ive got so much love to show you.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 20 Aug 2018 21:25

We signed a player who had a great record as a goal scorer in this division on loan last season, and he was genuinely as bad a player as Inhave seen at the club in the last 5 year’s

You complain we have no pace, movement or quality up front (which I disagree with) and we sign someone who apparently has pace, movement and quality and you complain on that

We have an abundance of wingers, but 2 have been injured for nearly 2 years, 1 is also injury prone, questions about his attitude and ability, 1 is just rubbish and 1 is Barrow.

Signing anyone of those players you mentioned on huge money would be in no way a sensible transfer policy

After watching the game on Sat, it was painfully obvious we needed another winger. Good signing imo

Berry

by Berry » 20 Aug 2018 22:04

Wouldn't it of been nice if Shane Long had come with him?

Linden Jones' Tash

by Linden Jones' Tash » 20 Aug 2018 22:08

Henley Royal 1 Come in to my life ive got so much love to show you.

Nice one Joyce...

FiNeRaIn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by FiNeRaIn » 20 Aug 2018 22:26

Hound We signed a player who had a great record as a goal scorer in this division on loan last season, and he was genuinely as bad a player as Inhave seen at the club in the last 5 year’s

And? With that logic anyone else with a previous goal-scoring record in previous seasons can be ignored as well. Are we to sign strikers who have never scored on the basis one previously potent guy didn't work out?

Hound You complain we have no pace, movement or quality up front (which I disagree with) and we sign someone who apparently has pace, movement and quality and you complain on that

I didn't complain about him, in fact I said he might add value. I'm complaining about the lack of striker options which has plagued us two 18 months and beyond. Even if this guy is superman, who is going to score his crosses?

Hound We have an abundance of wingers, but 2 have been injured for nearly 2 years, 1 is also injury prone, questions about his attitude and ability, 1 is just rubbish and 1 is Barrow.

Some of that is fair, but it should not be a priority to strengthen that over up front. Even center mid I would look at before wingers.

Hound Signing anyone of those players you mentioned on huge money would be in no way a sensible transfer policy

Says who? We spunked silly money on Aluko and most if not all of those wouldn't take up the same resources as he did. A huge problem with our current structure is we have a massive squad full of average players. If we spend less on adding mediocre players in midfield and up front more will be available to get a higher quality of player.

Hound After watching the game on Sat, it was painfully obvious we needed another winger. Good signing imo

The guy has never scored a senior goal so i'll ask again, even if he turns out to be the best winger we've had in the last ten years, who exactly is going to score? Certainly not Bod who will no doubt be ten yards outside the box when the crosses come in, again.