spaculation - joe hart

WoodleyRoyal
Hob Nob Addict
Location: when was the last time you did something for the first time?

spaculation - joe hart

by WoodleyRoyal » 09 Jan 2019 12:50

being lined up for a loan move to preston - perhaps we could swoop https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football ... sfer-news/

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: spaculation - joe hart

by Stranded » 09 Jan 2019 13:00

Even if we were interested, I doubt he'll want to move south. He'll move to Preston if anywhere as he doesn't have to move house for 6 months.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 09 Jan 2019 13:03

Oh dear :shock:

Basildon

by Basildon » 09 Jan 2019 13:09

His career absolutely fell off a cliff didn't it? England and City no.1, a year in Italy and an unsuccessful spell at West Ham, now struggling at Burnley and might be dropping down to the Champ.

If he were to come here he would at least fit in with the rest of our confidence-shot bunch.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 09 Jan 2019 13:12

I think if Gomes wants to play out from the back then Joe Hart isn't what we need, Pep got rid of him at City for that.

WoodleyRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WoodleyRoyal » 09 Jan 2019 13:36

Old Man Andrews I think if Gomes wants to play out from the back then Joe Hart isn't what we need, Pep got rid of him at City for that.

whilst i don't disagree with the sentiment, I think not being able to play out from the back for manchester city is slightly different to not be able to play out from the back for Reading. I am sure he is more than adequate in that department for our needs.

Duffy

by Duffy » 09 Jan 2019 14:44

Old Man Andrews I think if Gomes wants to play out from the back then Joe Hart isn't what we need, Pep got rid of him at City for that.

i concur.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 09 Jan 2019 18:10

I think that keeping it out from the back of the net might be more of a problem.

Don't get me wrong, he's a very good keeper and we do have previous for reviving a keeper's career by taking him on loan but no, not the right deal at this time.

Denver Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Denver Royal » 09 Jan 2019 18:25

Don't know what keeper options they are looking at, but given where we are, if this happened (which I doubt), it would be fine with me. Better than what we have, and would upgrade a (crucial) position.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 09 Jan 2019 19:02

My thoughts the moment I read the name. I would be shocked if we willingly signed yet another keeper who isn't comfortable with the ball at his feet.

Denver Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Denver Royal » 09 Jan 2019 19:17

Ok, but right now, if we're unable to find and sign such a keeper at this time, then Hart on loan would still upgrade the position and may help keep us up, imo, and we could then address getting a long term ball-playing keeper later.
Last edited by Denver Royal on 09 Jan 2019 19:20, edited 1 time in total.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 09 Jan 2019 19:19

Denver Royal Right, but right now, if we're unable to find and sign such a keeper at this time, then Hart on loan would still upgrade the position and may help keep us up, imo, and we could then address getting a long term ball-playing keeper later.

On his wages though? Is Jaakkola that bad of a shot stopper? That's what Hart is known for. If we are going to get a new keeper we may as well go for one that fits the style the manager is trying to play.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 09 Jan 2019 19:27

(hi and welcome back etc etc)

I know nothing about football, I never watch Reading etc etc, but I’d prefer us not to even need a GK at all. But until that day AJ is fine

Denver Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Denver Royal » 09 Jan 2019 19:35

Old Man Andrews
Denver Royal Right, but right now, if we're unable to find and sign such a keeper at this time, then Hart on loan would still upgrade the position and may help keep us up, imo, and we could then address getting a long term ball-playing keeper later.

On his wages though? Is Jaakkola that bad of a shot stopper? That's what Hart is known for. If we are going to get a new keeper we may as well go for one that fits the style the manager is trying to play.

Andrews, sure, if you don't think Joe Hart is an upgrade over Jak (or Walker), then obviously it would be a non-starter for you. Wages, yeah, I imagine that might be an issue. But hey, I don't get to balance the books, or even have much knowledge of them :wink: But yes, they would have to sort all that out and it would need to be a consideration, I'm sure.
Do you have any specific keepers in mind that you like out there at this point?

WoodleyRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WoodleyRoyal » 09 Jan 2019 19:40

If Preston can afford his wages...

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 09 Jan 2019 19:43

Nice hair

WoodleyRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WoodleyRoyal » 09 Jan 2019 19:44

He’d be head and shoulders above our current crop of keepers

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 09 Jan 2019 20:38

I don't think the issue is whether Hart would be an upgrade (clearly he would be) but more that we have more pressing areas of the team to strengthen.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 09 Jan 2019 20:45

Agree and already said (reluctantly having to agree with the poster otherwise known as OMA)
Last edited by AthleticoSpizz on 09 Jan 2019 20:48, edited 1 time in total.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 09 Jan 2019 20:46

Denver Royal Ok, but right now, if we're unable to find and sign such a keeper at this time, then Hart on loan would still upgrade the position and may help keep us up, imo, and we could then address getting a long term ball-playing keeper later.

I can't see Joe Hart being up for being in a Championship relegation fight at Reading. To have fallen so far from grace to end up here, so quickly, he can't be playing anywhere near well enough to be worth the cost given we still have three senior keepers on our books and a host of promising youth talent.