Opposition fans back from the game

4464 posts
Mr Optimist
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Opposition fans back from the game

by Mr Optimist » 14 Jan 2019 14:27

You've missed the point Mankini.

:D

Hopefully we will have a few more bitter Billy big bollocks comments from opposition fans between now and the end of the season.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 14 Jan 2019 14:44

Mr Optimist You've missed the point Mankini.

lol

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 14 Jan 2019 14:57

No doubt they are still bigger clubs. That's what makes their obsession with "little" Reading even funnier.

Especially when they suddenly discover songs written by a little old lady 4 years ago. :lol:

Reading4eva
Hob Nob Regular

by Reading4eva » 14 Jan 2019 15:22

Fezza
sandman
TiagoIlori Richly amused seeing fellow Reading fans take the piss out the forest fans and wind them up, to the point they’ve dug out a “club song” that was released 4 years ago by an owner that no longer has much say in the football club and resorted to saying “you’re going down” as if that’s supposed to offend someone.

Former European Cup finalists and Semi finalists, Forest and Leeds, are curiously obsessed with "little" Reading.

Actually embarrassed for them.

Leeds are from some sort of third marriage after the first World War, we have significantly more "History" than them!

Don't tell them that. They still believe they are the epitome of football, the creme de la creme and probably that football was invented by some chap called Keith in his Leeds garage after getting jiggy with the 1800's version of Claudia Schiffer

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 14 Jan 2019 15:25

Reading4eva
Fezza
sandman

Former European Cup finalists and Semi finalists, Forest and Leeds, are curiously obsessed with "little" Reading.

Actually embarrassed for them.

Leeds are from some sort of third marriage after the first World War, we have significantly more "History" than them!

Don't tell them that. They still believe they are the epitome of football, the creme de la creme and probably that football was invented by some chap called Keith in his Leeds garage after getting jiggy with the 1800's version of Claudia Schiffer

Poor run of form for Bournemouth. Do you fear relegation?

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 14 Jan 2019 15:40

Old Man Andrews
Reading4eva

Poor run of form for Bournemouth. Do you fear relegation?

If they don't sack Eddie Howe soon then the slide will continue into the Championship for seasons to come, a la Stoke and Swansea...and Forest.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 14 Jan 2019 17:45

sandman No doubt they are still bigger clubs. That's what makes their obsession with "little" Reading even funnier.

Especially when they suddenly discover songs written by a little old lady 4 years ago. :lol:

Yeah guys, we had a shit pop song four years ago... We laughed at it then, and we're laughing at having your points now too.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 14 Jan 2019 17:57

Sandman has said what needs to be said about Forest. Just to add there was nothing wrong with the atmosphere on Saturday. The crowd were involved from the start. The feisty tackles helped to keep the crowd interested. Oh and 1871 seemed to have found a drum.

Singing Defective

by Singing Defective » 14 Jan 2019 18:20

Zip Oh and 1871 seemed to have found a drum.

I thought that was someone in 1871 beating their chest? Their numbers seemed a tad depleted, so just as well.

Royal & Ancient
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal & Ancient » 14 Jan 2019 20:55

I still smile at the Hobnobber comment from years ago at A Forest fan who came on after losing here to say ‘At least we have a forest’ with the HN response ‘ But we have Whitley Wood’

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 14 Jan 2019 21:47

In fairness to Forest the ref was absolutely terrible, total homer. Don't think they can complain about the red cards or even the yellows but he gave every close call our way and generally handled things poorly - shouldn't have let that brawl get so out of hand for example. We got lucky. If he'd been a bit more even-handed then I think people would certainly be complaining, but because his mistakes all went in our favour we don't have a problem with it.

muirinho
Hob Nob Regular

by muirinho » 14 Jan 2019 21:52

SCIAG In fairness to Forest the ref was absolutely terrible, total homer. Don't think they can complain about the red cards or even the yellows but he gave every close call our way and generally handled things poorly - shouldn't have let that brawl get so out of hand for example. We got lucky. If he'd been a bit more even-handed then I think people would certainly be complaining, but because his mistakes all went in our favour we don't have a problem with it.

Really? He could have sent off Fox in the first few minutes, he could have given a straight red for Murphy.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 14 Jan 2019 22:11

SCIAG In fairness to Forest the ref was absolutely terrible, total homer. Don't think they can complain about the red cards or even the yellows but he gave every close call our way and generally handled things poorly - shouldn't have let that brawl get so out of hand for example. We got lucky. If he'd been a bit more even-handed then I think people would certainly be complaining, but because his mistakes all went in our favour we don't have a problem with it.

Nope. He took his time and consulted with his Lino before making his decisions. Forest were an ill disciplined shambles. They got exactly what they deserved for some very poor challenges.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 14 Jan 2019 22:40

I've just rewatched the highlights because of this argument and I can't say I think there's much the ref got bang on.

Fox - could easily have seen a straight red
Richards - slightly more control but a worse challenge, couldn't complain at red
Murphy - a straight red, looks like intent and worse than Darikwa's
Fox - obviously they don't show the whole melee, but the bit they do show he's trying to restrain people but someone else piles in near him aggressively... Makes me wonder about mistaken identity... that's just the highlights tho, maybe something is missing.
Darikwa - doesn't look too bad to me, off the ground but both feet seem to go wide of Loader who he seems to catch with the flat of his leg, looks less bad than either Richards or Fox's to me.

WoodleyRoyal
Hob Nob Addict
Location: when was the last time you did something for the first time?

by WoodleyRoyal » 14 Jan 2019 23:01

Snowflake Royal I've just rewatched the highlights because of this argument and I can't say I think there's much the ref got bang on.

Fox - could easily have seen a straight red
Richards - slightly more control but a worse challenge, couldn't complain at red
Murphy - a straight red, looks like intent and worse than Darikwa's
Fox - obviously they don't show the whole melee, but the bit they do show he's trying to restrain people but someone else piles in near him aggressively... Makes me wonder about mistaken identity... that's just the highlights tho, maybe something is missing.
Darikwa - doesn't look too bad to me, off the ground but both feet seem to go wide of Loader who he seems to catch with the flat of his leg, looks less bad than either Richards or Fox's to me.

Stop the press! Ian watched the telly and has cleared everything up for us. Thanks Ian. :|

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 14 Jan 2019 23:04

I think we will see an extension of Article 50 as May goes back to Brussels yet again.I don’t think we will get a second Referendum under this Government nor is a General Election likely.
In the end I can see a soft Brexit being negotiated which will include our staying in the Customs Union meaning the backstop issue goes away.

Denver Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Denver Royal » 14 Jan 2019 23:08

Zip I think we will see an extension of Article 50 as May goes back to Brussels yet again.I don’t think we will get a second Referendum under this Government nor is a General Election likely.
In the end I can see a soft Brexit being negotiated which will include our staying in the Customs Union meaning the backstop issue goes away.

Lolz, it’s all Clement’s fault!

(Btw, hope May comes back with more than Cameron did:))

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 14 Jan 2019 23:14

Denver Royal
Zip I think we will see an extension of Article 50 as May goes back to Brussels yet again.I don’t think we will get a second Referendum under this Government nor is a General Election likely.

I’m not sure what’s more idiotic. Trump or Brexit.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 14 Jan 2019 23:23

Zip
Denver Royal

KPOTTB

Denver Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Denver Royal » 14 Jan 2019 23:57

leon
Zip
Denver Royal Lolz, it’s all Clement’s fault!

KPOTTB

Quite right, and well said.
Royal & Ancient I still smile at the Hobnobber comment from years ago at A Forest fan who came on after losing here to say ‘At least we have a forest’ with the HN response ‘ But we have Whitley Wood’

R&A, good to hear from you! Hope things are good.

4464 posts